• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: Battlefield 3 [FLEABttn to the rescue, new thread soon!]

V_Ben

Banned
Update:

Website And Teaser: http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

Battlefield Blog said:
Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.
Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...4/battlefield-3-is-coming-preorder-now.aspx##

Game Informer said:
Online Multiplayer:

* Competitive: 64-Player (PC) 24-Player (Console)
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/battlefield_3/b/pc/default.aspx

derFeef said:
German website also says:
Battlefield 3 erscheint Ende 2011 – inklusive Jets, 64 Spieler Multiplayer …und Kriechen!
Battlefield 3 launches at the end of 2011 - including Jets, 64 player multiplayer ...and prone!
pcgames.de said:
Furthermore you may pull injured players from the line of fire and use even elements of the terrain as stand for your weapon.
Source: http://www.pcgames.de/Battlefield-3...Missionen-Packshots-Brandneue-Details-810447/

Game said:
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Battlefield 3 features:

* Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
* Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
* Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
* Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
Source: http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Shooter-First-Person/Battlefield-3/~r353698/?s=Battlefield+3

Sn4ke_911 said:
I love the cover!

CXRfU.png

Also that official BF3 site in german reveals a few more details.

* Explosions can knock you down.
* You play as a U.S. Marine Elite Soldier.
* Single and Multiplayer will feature locations like Paris, Teheran and New York.
71067_400x230_3_ALL_SE.jpg

Official Website said:
Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.
endlessflood said:
Is this the real teaser leaked? I don't know but it looks like it could be legit to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrW5TRGLLlE

bf3pcyurq.jpg

container_bgr_enjmci.jpg

Original:

gami_215_front.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/03/march-cover-revealed-battlefield-3.aspx

The franchise that revolutionized online multiplayer for PC games is back.

In our world-exclusive cover story, Game Informer unveils the first numbered entry in the Battlefield series since 2005. Many longtime fans are wondering, "what took so long?!" DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up. Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 "the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games."

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Frequent the Battlefield 3 hub throughout the month of February for more exclusive features about the highly anticipated shooter coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.

Full cover spread;
cov_215_l.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That cover art is a cliche. But it's an awesome cliche.

Oh snap. I just want a detailed list of features. That shit get my dick harder than some screenshots right now.

64+ player dedicated servers or bust.

Das-J

Law of the West
I'm really excited to see what new features are coming our way... particularly if they've pushed player count forward!

ghst said:
TOO BRO TO NOTICE MY SHIRT IS ON FIRE.
We'll see whose "camo is stupid" when we get stationed in a volcano!

In other news, amazing. BF2 was incredible and advanced online multiplayer and teamwork to new heights. Hope BF3 does the same.

EDIT: I hope that "sets its sights on Call of Duty" is mostly Game Informer sensationalism.

Raide

Teetris said:
Sets it's sight on Call of Duty? What the fuck?

It could mean they want bigger sales and they want to bring an awesome brand of shooter to even more people therefore dragging them away from another CoD game.

LQX

I was hoping it would takes place in the future but seeing the same guns and tanks give me little hope. Hopefully its set in the US. Tired of the ME.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
- Military Cliche? CHECK
- Orange and Blue? CHECK
- So awesome? CHECK

Bring it on DAIZ!!

The M.O.B

By the quote "Dice sets Its Sights on Call of Duty"

PLEASE tell me this is not what Dice is actually thinking, another shooter like COD is the last thing we need.

tc farks

Think you guys are reading into the COD line too much, its there to sell copies. Just like the same generic cover that brands modern FPS (Cracked Why Modern War FPS Games Chart nailed this).

I've only gotten to play Battlefield 1943 as I just got into this game on XBLA...and just that little game alone will have me buying this day 1. Show me more hype plz.

REV 09

bad company 2 is a breath of fresh air for Team-based mp shooters. I eagerly await the reveal of BF3!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The M.O.B said:
By the quote "Dice sets Its Sights on Call of Duty"

PLEASE tell me this is not what Dice is actually thinking, another shooter like COD is the last thing we need.
Hell Naw dood, thats just Game Informer!
Dunno if youve reading some of the latest tweets of the lead designers... they wont 'CODify' BF.

Thermite

Fersis said:
Hell Naw dood, thats just Game Informer!
Dunno if youve reading some of the latest tweets of the lead designers... they wont 'CODify' BF.

Links to twitter accounts, please? :)

Top Bottom