• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: Battlefield 3 [FLEABttn to the rescue, new thread soon!]

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
There was a blog on Battlefield.com about why the PC version of BC2's Frostbite Engine was overly CPU intensive in the final version of BC2. The blog went in depth explaining the Sound Engine for BC2 and how it ran into only a single hardware thread on the CPU and not in software like previous Battlefield games in the past on PC.

That, coupled with the fact that the Engine could not handle more players than 32 with all the sound engine was processing along with the destructibility of the levels without having serious performance issues. This is good reasoning to why PC was limited to 32 in BC2.
Good reasoning for why the PC was limited to 32 players would be that the game was built with console limitations in mind first and the maps can't really hold more than 32 players as they are and Dice certainly wasn't go to design more/do more work. It's as simple as that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Veitsev said:
Reckless and Faceless

1. Do you own gaming PC's?
2. Did you play any of the mainline Battlefield games on a PC in the past?
3. Do you play Bad Company on PC or console?

My shooter background is Battlefield and Ghost Recon on PC. I was a GR fanatic... but eventually got really hooked on Socom and around that time consoles became my primary platform.

I currently play BC2 on PS3.

I will most likely play BF3 on a new pc, but I'll surely double-dip to keep gaming with the gaf PS3 crew since they are a great group of guys and I like winning.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
recklessmind said:
My shooter background is Battlefield and Ghost Recon on PC. I was a GR fanatic... but eventually got really hooked on Socom and around that time consoles became my primary platform.

I currently play BC2 on PS3.

I will most likely play BF3 on a new pc, but I'll surely double-dip to keep gaming with the gaf PS3 crew since they are a great group of guys and I like winning.
* Hugs reckelessmind *

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently there are scans from the Dragon Age 2 feature in the magazine on the internet.

This raises the question of why on earth we don't have Battlefield 3 details.

FLEABttn said:
A quick google search suggests that Xbox Live requires a minimum of 64kbps upstream. That would arguably be the bandwidth constraint that everyone is being hampered by.

64 kbps - 15% for overhead = 56 kbps / 8 = 7KB/s.

If true, that sucks.
sounds about right, people have used ICS on dialup and some games were almost playable.

Probably the wrong place to vent but I still haven't gotten the latest GI.

They need to work out making an iPad app or something I'm tired of the late deliveries and getting my mag outright stolen.

Clott

How did he get banned just now? I would like to not repeat that mistake

Edit: aha he asked the wrong guy for scans...

Top Bottom