• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Game Informer cover coming today, 20 pages long

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) They're teasing it, so it presumably at least has some relevance (they didn't tease really late covers like Ghosts and Destiny to my knowledge).
2.) It's coming out a week earlier than normal, so it might be trying to slot in before a fiscal call (like Ubisoft is on the 10th).
3.) They're not saying anything else about this, and it's quite long, so that suggests it's probably a rather known property (like Assassin's Creed).
4.) I don't have any idea what it actually is and am just giving Ubisoft/AC as an example of what kind of thing I'd expect (regular sequel to an annual or biannual game), not a hint.

Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc 11h

Reveal is tomorrow. It's a big story. 20 pages. RT @TaleSpun: Do you have a tease for the next Game Informer cover?

https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc
Andrew Reiner ‏@Andrew_Reiner 11h

Game Informer cover reveal is tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner

Silky

Banned
Apr 6, 2013
Georgia, US

But seriously, it should be cool if you don't overhype it to be something OUTRAGEOUS~

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
Damn it's been (almost) a month since the Evolve cover already? Time fucking flys.

That said, can't wait, hopefully it is something awesome, at this point, every new game is exciting for me because of the next gen.

Chobel

Mar 26, 2013
Could be something for xbone, like Sunset overdrive or Quantum Break.

Silky

Banned
Apr 6, 2013
Georgia, US
God, a hyper-stylized GI cover of Sunset Overdrive...fucking awesome....

seriously variants of GI 'themed' covers are great

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
Possibly Titanfall related. There is a big press event in LA about Titanfall today.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
May 17, 2013
Possibly Titanfall related. There is a big press event in LA about Titanfall today.

Bah, I've already seen Titanfall. I feel like for 20 pages, it'd have to be something we don't know a lot about.

Apr 16, 2011
Would love for it to be the Division but it's probably a bit early since it's rumored to be coming out next year

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if it could do with any future Square products? They haven't revealed any fall games this year and between now and late 2015, we're not expecting much big releases and we know Eidos has Hitman/Tomb Raider 2/ Deus ex cooking up, and they will pretty much have Thief released out of the way this month so they need to begin marketing something else.

Nemesis_

Dec 18, 2005
Australia
We're about due for a new Assassin's Creed reveal, aren't we?

Or maybe a new Resident Evil.

Just a random thought >_>

Bsigg12

Apr 9, 2012

They already had a Titanfall cover though. I wouldn't mind a blowout of info though.

For games I would like to see, Sunset Overdrive could be pretty awesome.

belushy

Banned
Mar 21, 2013
I'll just say H2A or Halo 5... probably won't be, though. It being something about Ubisoft is definitely likely.

LuuKyK

Mar 18, 2012
Brazil
The Order makes sense considering they will have the 40 minutes press presentation for the game today and all that, but who knows.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Feb 10, 2011
I almost think it's going to be Dragon Age.

I bet on the Order 1886 as there's gonna be a presentation today (1.5 hour long with 40 minutes of exact game showing) in London. And the overall embargo can be lifted in a week giving GI their exclusivity.

The order I bet, maybe.

These have all already had VERY recent covers.

Pops Maellard

Apr 7, 2013
Every time a cover reveal is even vaguely hyped like this, it's incredibly disappointing.

I'm still excited.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dec 9, 2006
The Order makes sense considering they will have the 40 minutes press presentation for the game today and all that, but who knows.

They wont repeat cover story so fast [Order was featured in ~october/november].

Status
Not open for further replies.