• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover today - Evolve (Turtle Rock's next shooter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"people will flip out over"

This is called "hype," students. Please use the word in a sentence.

"Hype. The cover will never live up to the hype. Hype."

Correct.

Dawg

I'm surprised the news hasn't leaked already..

That LOTR game didn't leak either and it was kind of a surprise too, not sure if people were waiting for that game though.

I expect something similar to that game, a game nobody expects but somewhat mid-tier AAA.

Epcott

Rösti;96130321 said:
Kojima-san has expressed interest, though I don't think it would be something people would flip out over.

Mockup.

Is that a mound of poop?

Watch it be something like, some obscure game nobody really gives half a damn about, or something everyone already knows about (like deflated hype from a typical GT hype thread). So probably Cyberpunk or AC5.

Dawg

Is that a mound of poop?

Watch it be something like, some obscure game nobody really gives half a damn about, or something everyone already knows about (like deflated hype from a typical GT hype thread). So probably Cyberpunk or AC5.

Too early for AC V. I've been to the AC III press release back in the day (was kinda hard not to spoil that one on GAF too soon lol) and they do that in late february/early march.

TriGen

That LOTR game didn't leak either and it was kind of a surprise too, not sure if people were waiting for that game though.

I expect something similar to that game, a game nobody expects but somewhat mid-tier AAA.

I agree. I've been thinking that it'll be something like the LOTR/South Park announcements.

Could be the new Alien: Isolation game from Creative Assembly?

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission,but to simply stay alive.

Via Lifelower on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/420379073060167680

BdV8iikCYAA9Qg4.png:large

meanspartan

Why the hell do they always do this?

And then they act surprised when people are upset if it is underwhelming.

If a big Game Informer cover is dropping tomorrow, just don't say anything and post on your website when the time comes. That is how you turn the complete disappointment that can result from hype into a nice pleasant surprise that can happen when people hear news for the first time without the hype that gets them thinking it is X game that they specifically want.

Unless, of course, they really do have a big one and are sure of it. Only a handful of announcements could meet this sort of prerequisite for hype. And as big as Fallout 4 would be, it doesn't make this list because at this point it is so heavily rumored that it wouldn't be surprising.

muteant

Game Informer cover reveal tomorrow - next-gen only "people will flip out over"

"people will flip out over"

flip

flip

210436-burgertime_large.jpg

ouya exclusive.

NeoGash

GameInformer always hype up everything and when they finally reveal it, everyone is pissed off. GameInformer should stick to what they know best; giving 9s and 10s to every AAA game. I highly doubt this will be anything amazing, for all I know it could be Aliens: Colonial Marines 2 on the Wii U ("next-gen") "developed" by Gearbox....again...

kevin1025

Banned
Are Creative Assembly making the new Alien game by themselves? Might be kind of neat if Relic, now that they're with Sega too, got involved and did a little Space Marine type stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom