• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover today - Evolve (Turtle Rock's next shooter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Picture of Alien: Isolation.

BdV9UnUCYAAX-7f.jpg:large

I'm going to say it's this.
Xbox One/PS4.

Where is that from?

Dawg

Alien Isolation: is possible but...

Isolation was apparently on course for a current and next-gen console release (and presumably also PC) at some point this year. And the reveal is next gen only. Then again, only a few sites mention the current gen release info... and they might have dropped it so it's still possible.

noobasuar

Banned
Hopefully something interesting. It seems like every game reveal ends up being the same lame garbage we've been getting for years. I wanna see something great.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I'm sorry, what is the evidence that it is the Alien game? Those screenshots came a decent while ago didn't they? Or am I missing something?

Odrion

Banned
Didn't information get out that Alien: Isolation would still be an action game with human clones as your main shootytargets?

Dawg

I'm sorry, what is the evidence that it is the Alien game? Those screenshots came a decent while ago didn't they? Or am I missing something?

It's not even confirmed if Alien: Isolation is next gen only, so yeah... people shouldn't just assume it's that game. Not saying it's not possible though.

I'm convinced its Alien Isolation. I'm actually quite positive. The Colonial Marines fiasco is going to make any developer making another Aliens game extra careful to ensure it is good. The screenshots definitely look like they nail the atmosphere of the first two movies. After EA turned Dead Space into a tps coop cover shooter with none of the finesse of Gears of War there's a huge opening for a good survival horror game. Heck if its half as good as Dead Space 1 (and 2 but particularly 1) I'm buying it for sure.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So... current-gen only?

Can we stop saying 'next gen' now?

PS4 and Xbone haven't yet truly penetrated the mainstream. Next year they'll be a bit more ubiquitous, but right now, they're still this nebulous magic new thing to a lot of people. There are still major games coming to the PS3 and 360

McHuj

How would an Alien game qualify as a "a little different"?

IMO, is that tweet carries any value, it's not going to be a typical AAA/licensed game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom