• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover today - Evolve (Turtle Rock's next shooter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

next gen new ip from l4d makes which was a fun game. dont see the bad thing .... sounds fun. hope it has a closer release date. am tired of games being announced 2 years in advance (cough ubisoft cough)

Hasney

If it is this Evolve, I'm both happy and disappointed. Happy it's a new IP, disappointed it once again is a shooter for the most part. Sounds like an ideal Steam sale game for me though since I have a blast with L4D, but only as the special infected in versus mode.

Why are people so hard on a new IP of a game that they've never really seen? Geez...

So it's not what you wanted personally. Doesn't make it a bad reveal.

Because if it's gonna be a L4D style FPS... We have a vague idea already.

I think FPS's this generation are going to struggle to be something to write home about.

DedValve

Banned
No you didn't

snk-flying.gif

ibd2VfR2xjbd02.gif

Exactly!

Did I say steroids? I meant PCP.

GlamFM

Banned
Honestly, if it's just a co-op multiplayer shooter, not very exciting at all (for me, obviously). Not a fan of multiplayer-only experiences.

Fair enough.

My point was that people will probably be super excited for Evolve 2 when it is announced in 2 years.

Listonosh

I actually had no idea who Turtle Rock was. Didn't know that they were the devs behind the L4D games, so I checked their Wiki. The last game caught me off guard =D

• Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, including the Official Counter-Strike Bot
  • Various maps for Counter-Strike: Source
  • A map named "Halls3" which was eventually included in Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Survival Pack DLC (Developed by Valve Software)
  • Crash Course DLC (Developed by Valve Software)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (Developed by Valve Software)
  • The Passing DLC
  • Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice[11]
  • Leap Sheep! (iOS & Android)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Honestly, if it's just a co-op multiplayer shooter, not very exciting at all (for me, obviously). Not a fan of multiplayer-only experiences.

Usually I'd agree but with the amount of L4D I played with my roommate in college I'd look forward to playing it's spiritual successor with him.

culafia

I think EDF is a bit optimistic.

This is probably going to end up being another damn co-op shooter with supernatural enemies, and the GI article is probably going to be leveraged on one single gimmick.

Not all new IPs are treated equally.

can't wait to get mega disappointed for this Coop game and to later get disappointed with the Sony Keynote

man double disappoint is too good to miss out on
like yesterday

RooMHM

Hardware never was the problem for the genre. Ideas don t spring in every people s minds, even less nowadays. Nothing will happen until Valve moves another chess piece as usual.
People are mad? L4D has a case for being the best FPS series of all time and one of the best gaming series period.
Didn t you play Half-Life and Quake or Crysis? I agree l4d is good and a nice evolution of the genre but cmon.

I think EDF is a bit optimistic.

This is probably going to end up being another damn co-op shooter with supernatural enemies, and the GI article is probably going to be leveraged on one single gimmick.

Not all new IPs are treated equally.

I'm hoping its EDF as far as fun factor, but not holding my breathe if its forced co-op/ no single player

Not everyone loves FPS shooters.

I know that I couldn't care less about L4D, thus Evolve mean little to nothing to me.

Does everyone love any game or genre?

I don't mind people saying they aren't excited, but to say it's a "bad" announcement is hyperbole.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
L4D with aliens instead of zombies sounds good to me, so sick of zombies in all forms of media...

That does sound pretty awesome, I hope the aliens are realistically frightening though.

Patryn

Does everyone love any game or genre?

I don't mind people saying they aren't excited, but to say it's a "bad" announcement is hyperbole.

It can be a bad announcement from their perspective, especially given what people were hoping it would be.

Because if it's gonna be a L4D style FPS... We have a vague idea already.

I think FPS's this generation are going to struggle to be something to write home about.

I think there's some truth to this. I was seriously into FPS for most of my gaming life and I'm just tired of them.

That said, I still enjoy coop games immensely. So give me a good coop experience like Destiny or (possible) Evolve and I am a little more interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom