• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover today - Evolve (Turtle Rock's next shooter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Alright. I'm going to Sherlock Holmes this shit.

@GI_AndyMc 12:28 PM
I should mention we have a kick ass cover reveal tomorrow morning at 11am Central. Next-Gen only that I think people will flip out over.

@GI_AndyMc 12:30 PM
And for those asking for the definition of Next Gen in that tease, you will find out platforms tomorrow

@Andrew_Reiner 12:47 PM
Tomorrow's cover reveal is something different. Excited to see what you all think!

There's a two minute gap between the 'reveal' tweet and clarification tweet. Being so ready to further explain, along with the vague term 'Next-Gen', to me, implies a game on the Steam Box. He knew he was being vague. Certainly not an exclusive, 'platforms', so we know that includes PS4 and XBONE.

Initially it is hyped, then it is downplayed. "something different". Well, my first instincts were towards a next-gen exclusive Assassin's Creed ... but it seems too early. Perhaps a port? Tomb Raider? No, McNamara isn't a sadist. And it wouldn't be worth breaking the 'one cover per game' rule. No, this is probably something we haven't even heard of.

Flip out over. A pun? Dying Light? That hasn't had a cover yet ... shit. A multiplayer reveal perhaps? Must investigate further.

Three tweets? A clue? Excited to see what you all ... think? Black Mesa? The G-Man? I think so. Or perhaps another 3. Left for Dead 3? Could that game and Dying Light even co-exist.

Ok. I think I've got it. It's either Left for Dead 3, Dying Light or Super Mario Dangan Ronpa.

BPoole

I should mention we have a kick ass cover reveal tomorrow morning at 11am Central. Next-Gen only that I think people will flip out over.

And for those asking for the definition of Next Gen in that tease, you will find out platforms tomorrow

Tomorrow's cover reveal is something different. Excited to see what you all think!

There's a two minute gap between the 'reveal' tweet and clarification tweet. Being so ready to further explain, along with the vague term 'Next-Gen', to me, implies a game on the Steam Box. He knew he was being vague. Certainly not an exclusive, 'platforms', so we know that includes PS4 and XBONE.

Initially it is hyped, then it is downplayed. "something different". Well, my first instincts were towards a next-gen exclusive Assassin's Creed ... but it seems too early. Perhaps a port? Tomb Raider? No, McNamara isn't a sadist. And it wouldn't be worth breaking the 'one cover per game' rule. No, this is probably something we haven't even heard of.

Flip out over. A pun? Dying Light? That hasn't had a cover yet ... shit. A multiplayer reveal perhaps? Must investigate further.

Three tweets? A clue? Excited to see what you all ... think? Black Mesa? The G-Man? I think so. Or perhaps another 3. Left for Dead 3? Could that game and Dying Light even co-exist.

Ok. I think I've got it. It's either Left for Dead 3, Dying Light or Super Mario Dangan Ronpa.
I'm definitely thinking something Steam Machine related. We have a bunch of new SMs being shown at CES. While the spotlight is on them, it would be wise for Valve to do something to pull consumers in, such as Left 4 Dead 3 running on a new Source engine

DrWong

Why would anyone react to that in the way he implies people will, though? It would have to be something fairly exciting, whereas Alien: Isolation isn't hyped at all really.

You have at least 50% chances this announcement of an announcement will deflate. Hype for no hype material is not uncommon. Or it could be because the game will be a PC multiplat' game (Windows/Steam OS = "next-gen") + the usual hd twins suspects... I don't know, it's not like it would be the first time we're troll-hyped by a tweet.

And this game is coming. Oh, and it's Sega, so even Wii U could be there in order to make people "flip".

The fact that he said Next-Gen only is good news.

I am so SICK of cross-gen multiplats and scalable engine games.

MAKE SOMETHING SPECIFICALLY FOR THE XB1/PS4 AND LEAVE IT AT THAT!

There's like a 6 million combined PS4/XB1 unit installed base right now, just a few weeks after their launches. There IS money to be had and a foundation to establish for the future!

Stop milking current-gen. All it does is stunt progress.

Well we know for sure its not going to be the next-gen Hitman Edios Montreal was working on...

My guessing its going to be something third party since he said "platforms".

TheGamer

I can't wait to find out what it is. I having a feeling, like most people in here, that it will be Crash Bandicoot. I really do hope it is. Back in November the Official Brazilian Playstation Twitter account posted a pic of Crash with the new Playstation image at the bottom. I hope GI confirms it tomorrow. Here is the image:

2EpcJpF.jpg

Flip out over?

My guess is Mirrors Edge 2.

AzaK

Is there some confusion as to what "Next-Gen" means as far as platforms? We all know it won't mean Wii U (unfortunately) if that's what people are getting at.

Some Nobody

I honestly don't get the hype for this game.

I can't say why other people are hype. For me: It just feels me of a proper evolution of old-school, PS1 J-RPGs. Long before Gust/NIS was a major thing and people got way too acclimated to cutesy/chibified character designs and side-scrolling or static backgrounds. Back when J-RPGs were known for their graphics as well as much as gameplay. Something that, in all honesty, we stopped getting a long time ago.

Also it's probably the only RPG from Project Rainfall people ended up actually caring about also it has robots.

It's gonna be

I wish. A cover feature on that would be amazing. I'd buy the magazine for it.

I can't wait to find out what it is. I having a feeling, like most people in here, that it will be Crash Bandicoot. I really do hope it is. Back in November the Official Brazilian Playstation Twitter account posted a pic of Crash with the new Playstation image at the bottom. I hope GI confirms it tomorrow. Here is the image:

2EpcJpF.jpg
That's the thing "hope" anything that we want it to be... It won't be

Vooduu

"people will flip out over"

Sounds like a RPG or adventure. Nobody gets excited over shooters anymore unless its Valve or Halo 5.

A split cover with 3 characters Master Chief, Drake, WiiU relevant character for example details that the only way to play their respective game is next Gen.

Some Nobody

"people will flip out over"

Sounds like a RPG or adventure. Nobody gets excited over shooters anymore unless its Valve or Halo 5.

No one here, maybe...

Personally I'd rather have an RPG, but I don't want to get hype and then it's fuckin' Halo.

(Although UC4 would be dope, but only if it came with a release date that's in this year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom