• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Hypes Two "Year Definining" Announcements

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Aw, it's probably the PSP Go!

Boring.

OMG 3% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT TOWARDS MADDEN 10 IF YOU TRADE 15 GAMES OR MORE!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

It would be great if it was exactly that.

voltron

vandalvideo said:
Would a 'year defining event' really be something we already know about?

I think it could be in the case of Alan Wake.

The anticipation level for that game is pretty high, and weve heard squat all year with persistent rumours of an 09 release. A cover story with guaranteed holiday 09 release date would be pretty big IMO.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
camineet said:
PSP Go! ~ PSP 2.0 yeah forgot about that one, although that was already expected.

Pretty much everything suggested in the thread so far is 'expected' at this stage, tbh :p

andycapps

In all seriousness as I'm sure it won't be Trico, that'll likely be revealed at a big E3 type event, I'd imagine it's Modern Warfare 2 and maybe something like the PSP2.

andycapps said:
In all seriousness as I'm sure it won't be Trico, that'll likely be revealed at a big E3 type event, I'd imagine it's Modern Warfare 2 and maybe something like the PSP2.

Wasn't Modern Warfare 2 already revealed?

As much as I enjoy Team ICO's work - which is to say, a lot - I don't really consider Trico 'year defining'. This seems more likely to be a new PSP, or the MSFT motion add-on to me.

FrankT

MW2 seems like the obvious choice for the cover today. IW mentioned they were doing a cover back in March IIRC. Tease out in GI before the actual showing at E3. The other, who knows.

vandalvideo said:
Wasn't Modern Warfare 2 already revealed?

If you call that teaser a reveal sure.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Modern Warfare 2 time exclusive Microsoft Money Hats

colbertCalledIt.jpg

Agalloch

karasu said:
Why would Zelda define a year? Get real.

Bu...but the first Zelda made only for Wii + motion plus
has the potential to redefine the saga as he did in the transition to 3d with OOT.
and then, yes, can define a year.

belvedere

Junior Butler
~Devil Trigger~ said:

colbertCalledIt.jpg

Why would a magazine covering all consoles be excited about an exclusivity announcement?

I think it's safe to say it's nothing exclusivity related.

camineet

Banned
year-defining material would be

-Microsoft/Sony motion/waggle tech
-Zelda Wii
-Mario Galaxy 2
-PSP Go!
-Wii HD

would NOT be:

-COD MW2
-TRICO
-price cuts

camineet

Banned
Agalloch said:
but the first Zelda made only for Wii + motion plus
has the potential to redefine the saga as he did in the transition to 3d with OOT.
and then, yes, can define a year.

so very true, I agree, and this is what I'm most hoping to see out of E3 2009. Moreso than any Wii HD, PSP Go!, or Microsoft/Sony motion-tech.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wii HD, and will launch in at least Japan and the US for the holiday season. Europe/PAL same time as US or early 2010.

Won't be the Wii's successor, but instead a system built to 'expand' the graphical capabilities of the Wii. Think like the N64 Expansion Pack, only a whole new system. Will output games at 720p via HDMI cables, have larger internal memory, and come packaged with MotionPlus. Designed largely to be the system for 'core' gamers, and part of Nintendo's strategy to expand the userbase of the Wii.

You heard it hear first. Remember that.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/43588/colbertCalledIt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The meltdowns would rival the Final Fantasy Betrayalton.

GodofWine

Im thinking both are sony related...no reason why...just do. Or one is a Wii game people care about and the other is a sony game...hell it could even be GT5.

andycapps

Jtyettis said:
If you call that teaser a reveal sure.

. Everyone knows it's coming anyway, so it's not like it being "revealed" as a cover story is going to blow anyone's mind. Regardless of what the announcements end up being, I'm sure they'll be underwhelming.

And I doubt it's Alan Wake as some people have said, it's already been announced years ago but I'm still not even convinced that game will ever come out. :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
$h@d0w said:
I would be PISSED if I can't play the PC version this year.
That would mean the game would've been consolized even more than the previous title which means the PC version will be even easier to play.

They need to make an exclusive PC CoD again. Doubt that would ever happen though.

MWS Natural said:
I'm pretty sure this game doesn't actually exist. It's just something Sony namedrops every now and then to keep people stoked for the future of the PS3. It'll never actually come out.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Perhaps Infinity Ward has made a way for fanboys to fight one another in Modern Warfare 2 by allowing PS3 players to play against Xbox360 players.

Dever

Banned
andycapps said:

Also, if Trico is shown at this year's E3, there's a good chance it won't actually drop until Spring 2010. Probably the PSP Go and... GT5 for this fall perhaps?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
KevinCow said:
Wait, what? Where'd you hear this?

Nintendo showed off an unannounced game on Tuesday. First I've heard of a Retro mention though.

FrankT

andycapps said:
. Everyone knows it's coming anyway, so it's not like it being "revealed" as a cover story is going to blow anyone's mind. Regardless of what the announcements end up being, I'm sure they'll be underwhelming.

And I doubt it's Alan Wake as some people have said, it's already been announced years ago but I'm still not even convinced that game will ever come out. :lol

SolidSnakex said:
You can narrow down the predictions with this post

Exactly. MW2

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
maaaan, announcements about announcements sucks soo much.. of course the hype train starts rolling and everyone will be massively disappointed at this years E3.. as every year..

but the thing is MS motion sensing tech and how they will get it out to the users (added to all skus without additional price increase).. everybody knows this by now,... right?

DenogginizerOS said:
Perhaps Infinity Ward has made a way for fanboys to fight one another in Modern Warfare 2 by allowing PS3 players to play against Xbox360 players.

PS3/Xbox 360 cross-platform play would be so great but Microsoft and Sony would never allow it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
~Devil Trigger~ said:

colbertCalledIt.jpg
It is definitely not MW2 exclusivity. Activision has been boasting how their multiple SKUs, day one, will sell more copies than any other game in history. Having it exclusive for a short time will mess that up a bit.

Top Bottom