• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

In Summary

Story

- Solo Players accompanied by a team of 3 other Spartans from Blue Team, ability to give basic squad order ala Republic Commando.

MP

- ALL DLC TO BE FREE
- BTB to be revealed at E3, or rather a ‘new epic multiplayer experience’, (please be Battlefield Halo).

Oh god. These are all things I have wanted forever. Hype levels through the ceiling right now.

Cross-posting dieklobrielle's summary from the Xbox One Subreddit:

• •Launching with over 20 maps
    •They decided to give away all future maps for free to not divide the community - 15 more maps added my June of next year
    • Completely new "epic" multiplayer mode to be presented at E3. They have been working on this mode for more than 3 years. Sounds like a huge Big Team Battle mode. "Incorporates all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the very first time ever".
    •Drop-in/Drop-out 4 player co-op in campaign.
    •In Singleplayer, you can give your AI teammates strategic commands.
    •Individual unique HUD for every team member in co-op mode.
    •Campaign levels will have many alternative paths.
    •Xbox Live Gold for online co-op not needed.
    •The Beta was a fundamental base for many positive changes.

Edit: Beaten :/

- Drop in/Drop Out coop
- Game will launch with over 20 maps (unknown how many are forge variants), their plan is to add 15 more by June 2016
- ALL DLC TO BE FREE
So good, all of this. Hard to believe that its only now that the series will finally get drop-in, drop-out co-op.

20 is also a great map count.

Lingitiz

In Summary

Story

- Solo Players accompanied by a team of 3 other Spartans from Blue Team, ability to give basic squad order ala Republic Commando.
- Drop in/Drop Out coop
- GI played only the second mission titled ‘Blue Team’
- All Spartan abilities available in MP also present in SP
- Second Level ends with Chief
dreaming
- Has alternate paths in campaign levels
- In coop each player is a different member of Blue Team, and players start with different loadouts, plus the final game will have different huds for each character
- Split screen not supported

MP

- Game will launch with over 20 maps (unknown how many are forge variants), their plan is to add 15 more by June 2016
- ALL DLC TO BE FREE
- Empire has been tweaked substantially since the beta
- A brand new underwater map revelead called Fathom, is symmetrical.
- BTB to be revealed at E3, or rather a ‘new epic multiplayer experience’, (please be Battlefield Halo).

20 maps and free DLC is HUGE. The last few Halo games have really skimped with map content and we haven't had such a good amount since Halo 2 it seems like.

In Summary

Story

- Drop in/Drop Out online coop
dreaming
- Chief has to deal with the loss of
Cortana fom 4 and the 'ghost of Cortana' in 5
- In coop each player is a different member of Blue Team, and players start with different loadouts, plus the final game will have different huds for each character

MP

- ALL DLC TO BE FREE

Free DLC? Don't fucking do this to me! Don't you get my hopes up christ!

Prine

Banned
Cross-posting dieklobrielle's summary from the Xbox One Subreddit:

• •Launching with over 20 maps
    •They decided to give away all future maps for free to not divide the community - 15 more maps added my June of next year
    • Completely new "epic" multiplayer mode to be presented at E3. They have been working on this mode for more than 3 years. Sounds like a huge Big Team Battle mode. "Incorporates all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the very first time ever".

•Drop-in/Drop-out 4 player co-op in campaign.
    •In Singleplayer, you can give your AI teammates strategic commands.
    •Individual unique HUD for every team member in co-op mode.
    •Campaign levels will have many alternative paths.
    •Xbox Live Gold for online co-op not needed.
    •The Beta was a fundamental base for many positive changes.

Edit: Beaten :/

FUUUU SO DAMN HYPED!!!!! Stinkles you glorious bastard you!

Updated.

In Summary

Story

- Second Level ends (GI gets to play only 1/3 of the level, thanks Welfare) with Chief
dreaming
- Your teammates can revive you, even in single player.
- You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
- There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
- There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.
- Xbox Live Gold for online co-op not needed.

MP

- ALL DLC TO BE FREE

Thanks Jem and Jumper (sound like 90's hip hop duo)

So is Nathan Fillion Halo?

Like, I know he's Buck, but I want him to be Halo too.

And every member of the Blue Team.

And the Grunts.

I said it already, but 343i was the best thing to happen to Halo. I loved Halo 4, and I can't wait to see what they do next! All this information has me so fucking excited right now.

Woah, this is unexpected:

I said it already, but 343i was the best thing to happen to Halo. I loved Halo 4, and I can't wait to see what they do next! All this information has me so fucking excited right now.
While I can't exactly match your enthusiasm for Halo 4, I'm definitely looking forward to what 343 can do given the proper time and purpose. This will be their real deal.

Takashi

The lack of split screen co-op probably won't affect me much but it's still strange not having that in. IIRC it was mentioned that almost half the people who buy Halo mostly stick to offline campaign, and I'd bet some of that is splitscreen.

The lack of split screen co-op probably won't affect me much but it's still strange not having that in. IIRC it was mentioned that almost half the people who buy Halo mostly stick to offline campaign, and I'd bet some of that is splitscreen.

I'd bet it's a technical issue more than anything.

Honestly I can't deal right now. Im at work, and I want to burst through the ceiling with excitement!!!! Fuck Yes Blue Team!!! and Buck!!!

Does the article bring up 1080p or 60fps?

I remember this being announced as 60fps but have always wondered whether that's for both versus modes and campaign, or just the versus modes.

Not a deal breaker either way (locked 30fps campaign with 60fps versus could work), but have been curious about this for a while, and it would provide some context for the visuals and shots - if that's pretty much representative of what we should expect at 60fps.

Random17

Does the article bring up 1080p or 60fps?

I remember this being announced as 60fps but have always wondered whether that's for both versus modes and campaign, or just the versus modes.

Not a deal breaker either way (locked 30fps campaign with 60fps versus could work), but have been curious about this for a while, and it would provide some context for the visuals and shots - if that's pretty much representative of what we should expect at 60fps.

At this point they probably would have mentioned 1080p. I'm expecting 900p or the dynamic thing that Advanced Warfare did.

rokkerkory

In Summary

Story

dreaming
- You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
- There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
- There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.

MP

- ALL DLC TO BE FREE

This completely sounds amazing

In Summary

Story

dreaming

MP

- ALL DLC TO BE FREE

Add:
Locke's team has a Artermis Tracking System (ATS). (Visor mode?)
Difficulty scales by the Number of Players.

Top Bottom