• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

jet1911

The last time I was that hyped for a Halo game it was for Halo 3. Everything release so far about H5 is just great, the beta, the Hunt the truth series, Blue Team, Buck. Stellar job MS and 343. Also these new Banshee are looking great.

Euron

It isn't. That's a male. The female is the Red one. She is not Palmer either.
Phew that's great to hear. Looked a bit similar to this

And any chance we'll see anything regarding the Precursors this game or at least get more info? I've been waiting since 2011 dammit. Probably won't happen but hey at least we'll see more Forerunner stuff.

Kinyou

Gestault

Buck confirmed is totally rocking my world right now.

fY3DFRc.png

Mindwipe

Given Osiris have been given absolutely awful armour designs (except Buck) and are going up against fan favorite Blue Team, should we assume that Buck swaps sides and everyone else gets horribly murdered?

Because that's what should happen. I'm not sure that's what they're going for.

343's taste in aesthetics still absolutely stinks :-/

Added for fanboys, but if that happens, it would be 110% fan service.

And I would drink it up like a parched man in a desert.

The idea of seeing Chief, The Arbiter, and Buck all alongside each other gives me a legit fanboy hard on.

I'm sorry but its true

With the loss of Cortana in Halo 4, Blue Team steps up to interact with Chief, appear in cutscenes, and accept commands from him in single-player.

huh

Tim Longo, creative director of Star Wars: Republic Commando and Tomb Raider has assumed the familiar position of - wait for it - creative director, at 343 Industries.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/08/tomb-raider-republic-commando-creative-director-joins-343-indus/

The squadmate order system allows the player general tactical control over the three NPC squadmates that round out the four-man commando team. The order system resembles a simplified version of the context-based command menus seen in Star Wars Battlefront 1. Many objects in the game environment will highlight when the crosshair is placed over them. The player can then press the use key to issue an order automatically associated with the object; for example, a sealed door may highlight with a synchronized team breach-and-clear command, or a computer console might give have a "slice" (computer hacking) command, while a pile of cargo boxes suitable for a cover position with good vantage may provide a "take up Sniper/Anti-Armor position" command. Where possible, the squadmates will usually take their preferred roles (sniper, demolitions and technical). The player can also order the squad to move to secure any position (wherever the crosshair is pointed), or perform search-and-destroy. Also, there are orders to command the squadmates to group up or spread out according to the player's discretion for the situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Republic_Commando

FUCKIN HYPE

I just literally yelled "FUUCCKKKK" while shaking my phone violently in pure excitement from seeing this images.

Blue team.
Buck.
Oh my fuck.

The hype is so real. I literally don't know what to do with myself right now. So many games coming out yet Halo still manages to excite me the most.

jelly

Impressive character models, damn impressive. Look at that hair! Not Locke, he is using Stinkles tech.

Hope 4 player co-op has some good mission structure and objectives.

farisr

That guy in the OP looks like that one real life dude in that gif where he raises his finger to say something or make a point, but then holds himself back. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Hahaha, this has to be a joke, but in the off chance it's not, it is actually that guy reprising his role from ODST. (Nathan Fillion)

Raide

Impressive character models, damn impressive. Look at that hair!

Hope 4 player co-op has some good mission structure and objectives.

I hope they have some Gears style ones where they split up the co-op team to take different routes and do other objectives.

Prine

Banned
Halo 4 had a great SP, just add some large scale battles and we'll get the perfect halo. Also BUCK!!!!!! So hyped for Monday!

Got those HALO 2 chills, the hype for that was too much for me back then.

Azzawon

Gonna make a whole speculation post now. Got nothing much to go off, but could there be a chance that the stupidly expensive collector's edition is a Chief and Blue Team statue?

UrbanRats

Nope. That's Buck from ODST.

That's Nathan Fillion as Buck from ODST.

Hopefully nothing resembling the dialog in that game will return.

Nope, that's Buck.

The Chief is a completely different dude.

I assumed calling Master Chief "Halo" and using the word "Iconic" was enough to point out the joking nature of my post. :p

Still i wonder if they'll ever show MC's face at this point.
I imagine something like Robocop 1.

jelly

I hope they have some Gears style ones where they split up the co-op team to take different routes and do other objectives.

Yeah, something like that would be cool. Would be neat to see them battling it out in the distance, seeing Warhogs down belowe while the other team is on higher ground or even Banshees above clearing the path.

abadguy

Banned
Damn this Character Model looks amazing :eek:

The way 343i nailed character models in Halo 4 i am not surprised. I wish Dare would be in this game so we can finally see her with a human looking face.

Interesting contrast between the Spartan II's who look like walking Tanks in comparison to the IV's which are far more sleeker. I love the armor design here!

Top Bottom