• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

Bsigg12

jizz_in_pants_andy_samberg.jpg

Literally the same face I made when I read that post.

vWKbUgp.gif

I can't. I can't. Playing with Blue team will change everything. We no longer are a solo soldier, we will be a team with Chief's most trusted allies. A cohesive unit in Halo. I cannot contain my hype!

Akai__

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the in engine, cut scene models. Consider how amazing Halo 4 looked on the 360 3 years ago.

Halo 4's cutscene were real time and looked already pretty good. Those look like the natural evolution comming with better tech. Looks really good.

Munki

Pls be like Republic Commando. pls.

Now I hope the entire teams makes it to the end.

I pray that they don't f*ck with Blue Team... So many hardcore Halo fans have waited so long to see them finally make it into a game.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
They're in the Escalation comics together. Takes place after Halo 4 and they help take down the Didact again. The art is pretty poor in most of them but it's there.

18023905563_9b7340af25_z.jpg

18024040293_02a1e0ec02_z.jpg

WTF is this shit?

PS: I still own my copy of the Halo graphic novel.

KDC720

If 343 is actually taking some influence from Republic Commando's squad mechanics, oh my goodness right into my veins.

jelly

There is a Halo 4 video that has a free floating camera for cutscenes etc. Really impressive from 343 that it wasn't tightly directed cutscenes. I can't seem to find it though.

Raide

Yeah, something like that would be cool. Would be neat to see them battling it out in the distance, seeing Warhogs down belowe while the other team is on higher ground or even Banshees above clearing the path.

The shot shows jumping out of plane, so hopefully the co-op splits us up and then causes you to parachute back into the battle to help when it all goes crazy!

failgubbe

Don't know man, just can't trust 343 after Halo 4. The shit with Chief being hunted and a traitor sounds so bad. That said i will buy the game but i think i probably won't like this new Halo that 343 is creating

Glass

Getting hyped for the campaign but also remembering how much I enjoyed the multiplayer beta has reminded me how great a package deal Halo games are.

Add Forge, theatre mode (presumably) ... I'm going to spend so much time with the One's screenshot function alone.

Not sure why this isnt mentioned:
Our lengthy hands-on sessions also included plenty of time in the revamped competitive Arena multiplayer. In the cover story, we break down specific changes to the Empire map from last winter's beta and we debut a never-before-seen map called Fathom. This undersea base looks gorgeous and is loaded with all kinds of hidden tricks for experienced players to dig in and discover. 343 also teases a new multiplayer mode never seen in a Halo game before. Read about all this and more in the latest issue of Game Informer.

jelly

The shot shows jumping out of plane, so hopefully the co-op splits us up and then causes you to parachute back into the battle to help when it all goes crazy!

Please make skydiving game play, not a cutscene. Imagine landing were you want then kicking arse. Oh yes. Hope BTB is like that as well.

Top Bottom