• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

singhr1

An interesting detail someone noticed on Reddit:

TCbeaKP.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/396d1n/game_informer_july_cover_halo_5/cs0pnq0

Hot.

Btw, anyone remember the game Section 8 where you drop from the sky to spawn? That image of Locke's Fireteam Osiris dropping reminds me of that. Would be excited if that is the spawn mechanic in one of BTB's game modes considering you are playing with Spartan IVs.

16BitNova

18644076705_e9d3a314d0_b.jpg

With rumors going around that there will be a Battlefield type multiplayer mode, I can totally see this as a tease shot of this. Which gets me moist.

Raide

Please make skydiving game play, not a cutscene. Imagine landing were you want then kicking arse. Oh yes. Hope BTB is like that as well.

Yeah, I want pure gameplay of the great action bits. Hate when they drag cool stuff out for a cut-scene.

I am hoping this new mode is BTB reimagined. I want to see jumping out of vehicles and cratering into the ground.

TheXbox

What a terrific cast. I don't think I've been this stoked about a Halo crew since ODST.

Any theories about the planet on the mag cover? Sangheilios?

Pez

I have to say, Nathan Fillion's hair looks fantastic.

Best part of the reveal.

Damn good hair. Box quote.

I'm legitimately nerding the FUCK OUT right now. Those character models, Buck, Chief, Blue Team, issuing commands in campaign, fucking BLUE TEAM...

I can't....

Glass

Please make skydiving game play, not a cutscene. Imagine landing were you want then kicking arse. Oh yes. Hope BTB is like that as well.

Would be a nice throwback to the start of ODST, dropping onto Earth. Which I guess was a mixture of cutscene and gameplay.

Jarmel

Banned
Those facial character models might be the best case I've ever seen in a videogame.

That Nathan Fillion model is phenomenal.

Akai__

wow nathan fillion. thats just. weird.

i really dont know how much i like seeing real actors looks used in my games.

Real actors like Nathan Fillion from ODST and Mike Colter from Halo 5? Why is that bothering you?

343 didn't even make MCC...

Yeah, it was my Grandma making the game and that's why it was so broken...

Why are people still saying this? They have written a full apology and taken full responsibility.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm legitimately nerding the FUCK OUT right now. Those character models, Buck, Chief, Blue Team, issuing commands in campaign, fucking BLUE TEAM...

I can't....

Same here, the campaign got me hyped as fuck right now.

Doesn't help that I really liked the beta... sooo uhhhh

Moa

Anyone from the UK have any idea how to subscribe to Gameinformer?

I'm just told constantly by PayPal that Gameinformer don't accept non-US accounts and Gamestop just gives me an error.

Their website says non-US people can sign up and subscribe but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Zedox

I'm telling you...the new mode that they will have is COUNTER-OP from Perfect Dark.

You read it here first! :p

I can't....

Don't forget the Arbiter will also likely play an important role in this game. Some of the campaign will take place on Sanghelios, and he's already been shown in Halo 2 Anniversary's new cutscenes hinting towards Halo 5. He's also in new Halo 5 Mega Bloks merch.

RdN

Character models look great.

I'm specially happy that Blue Team are coop characters, meaning that 343i can't kill them off in their first on screen appearance.

Top Bottom