• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: March Cover - Zelda BotW

Kremzeek

oh wow that cover is beautiful. good job

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tookay

Anxious about the dungeons mention. I really hope they're not like the dungeons in the other 3D Zelda games and more like the dungeons in Skyrim. Or just slightly bigger of the micro dungeons that were available in the demos.

Last thing I want is for more hours long dungeons that kills my enjoyment of Zelda games. I was so down for the 100s of micro dungeons :/

Just hope the regular dungeons are short and sweet!
I feel like everything you say is the opposite of what I want.

LotusHD

Banned
Seeing all this Zelda stuff isn't making it any easier to abstain from making the Switch. But I must be strong. I have enough games to play. I don't need it, I don't need it, Idontneedit.

You need it!

----

We experienced more of the game than anyone outside of Nintendo, playing through a dungeon in its entirety, exploring the sprawling open world of Hyrule for hours, discovering Shrines, appreciating the wildlife, and fighting surprisingly powerful monsters (including the dungeon boss, Wind Blight Ganon, and a Guardian).

Also, I like how this implied they had a harder time with the Guardian than the dungeon boss lol

There is zero chance of this. You don't really like Zelda games if you don't like substantial Zelda dungeons.
That's interesting, considering I've played every major Zelda game in existence except for one of the Oracle games and Spirit Tracks and enjoyed a good number of the games hmmmmm

I don't like Zelda's approach to dungeon design post Zelda II, excluding Triforce Heroes. I was hoping that BotW's adherence to Zelda 1's design and Skyrim inspiration would mean dungeons that aren't primarily puzzle focused and more combat focused. There is more to Zelda than just dungeons, so here's hoping that even if I hate the dungeon design, there is much to enjoy outside of it, which considering I've played it I know is a certainty!

I feel like everything you say is the opposite of what I want.
Not the first, nor the last time I'll hear that! I am glad that there are differing opinions, though, because that makes for great conversation!

aBarreras

Anxious about the dungeons mention. I really hope they're not like the dungeons in the other 3D Zelda games and more like the dungeons in Skyrim. Or just slightly bigger of the micro dungeons that were available in the demos.

Last thing I want is for more hours long dungeons that kills my enjoyment of Zelda games. I was so down for the 100s of micro dungeons :/

dungeons on skyrim are the worst

That's interesting, considering I've played every major Zelda game in existence except for one of the Oracle games and Spirit Tracks and enjoyed a good number of the games hmmmmm

I don't like Zelda's approach to dungeon design post Zelda II, excluding Triforce Heroes. I was hoping that BotW's adherence to Zelda 1's design and Skyrim inspiration would mean dungeons that aren't primarily puzzle focused and more combat focused. There is more to Zelda than just dungeons, so here's hoping that even if I hate the dungeon design, there is much to enjoy outside of it, which considering I've played it I know is a certainty!

zelda 1 dungeon are puzzle based too!

atr0cious

That trailer was cool, but the coolest part was seeing young miyamato and, I'm assuming Aonuma, planning out, I'm assuming again, the og Zelda.

Alienous

GameInformer said:
We experienced more of the game than anyone outside of Nintendo, playing through a dungeon in its entirety, exploring the sprawling open world of Hyrule for hours, discovering Shrines, appreciating the wildlife, and fighting surprisingly powerful monsters (including the dungeon boss,
Wind Blight Ganon
, and a Guardian).

Oh fuck yes. I hope that's consistent throughout the bosses. Elemental, no weird random Monsters Inc. Kraken nonsense. Offshoots of
Ganon
, yes. Yes.

Yes.

No. Just No. I want actual gameplay variety thank you very much.

Otnopolit

Theory based on picture: See the line down the middle of the Master Sword? I think they may be in different timelines. Zelda in the past, Link in the future. Trying to meet in the middle?

Hmm, quite surprised it actually turned out to be Zelda. I like the art.

Zelda grabbing the Master Sword got my theory she's gonna be playable at some point throbbing.

Besides only having two arms per character? Like seriously..

Great cover!

Each character has two arms, yes. You can independently select one of three options for each arm and I think one is unique to each character or are you mad there's no 4 armed character?

Hmmmm does the duality represented on that cover suggest to anyone else that we might actually get to play as Zelda in parts of the games? Potentially in
Link's memories in the past?

Aonuma has indicated he likes to mislead people when talking about the game so that they'll be surprised in game...

Ashby

When is this issue gonna be on stands? The last GI issue I bought was the skyward sword cover. Gotta keep up the tradition!

Interfectum

giphy.gif

Theory based on picture: See the line down the middle of the Master Sword? I think they may be in different timelines. Zelda in the past, Link in the future. Trying to meet in the middle?

That is a damn good catch! I didn't notice until just now that Link's side of the Master Sword is fully restored. Zelda's side is rusted.

The cover looks so good. Can't wait for the coverage! Might have to get a physical copy for this issue in particular when it comes out.

Top Bottom