• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Mass Effect 3 Details, Try 2 [Update 3: Even More Details]

Thagomizer said:
Aren't Reapers
massive, multiple kilometer long ships? Sovereign dwarfed pretty much every other ship in the first game. How is a Thresher maw supposed to physically drag a ship out of the air that is an order of magnitude larger and heavier than it?
Pretty sure either vary in size.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Inorigo said:
He stood out the most and was a lot of peoples favorite. And reviews cited that a lot too and we know the ME team pays attention to reviews. He'll be a team mate. I just can't imagine him not.

I wouldn't be bothered that much if he wasn't a squadmate, but acted more as an advisor on the Normandy or had a similar function. Either way I'm confident he'll be a prominent enough character. Can't imagine them bringing Morinth back sadly as I'm in the small minority that loved having a Space Vampire on your team.

Squire

Banned
Nils said:
I wouldn't be bothered that much if he wasn't a squadmate, but acted more as an advisor on the Normandy or had a similar function. Either way I'm confident he'll be a prominent enough character. Can't imagine them bringing Morinth back sadly as I'm in the small minority that loved having a Space Vampire on your team.

You mean in a role similar to Joker/EDI/Kelly Chambers? That could be cool. I can get behind that just fine, actually. You'd have the interaction with him (which is what I'm assuming most people really want), just not his presence in the combat (which I'm assuming most people wouldn't miss too terribly).

Zen

Banned
Patryn said:
At this point I own both ME and ME2 on the PC, and I want to play through them, but the controls...

I swear I'd go PC as my main playthrough if I could just use a gamepad.

Ever since getting ME1 and ME2 on the PC (After originally playing through it on the 360), I can't go back to a gamepad. I'm not sure what it is, but the ease of play is just so much greater with a keyboard and mouse.

bengraven

WTF @ the Jack hate in the last thread. Best character. I'm still going to get a T-shirt with "Joined a cult, kept the haircut" on it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Every now and then I remember Clint Mansell is doing the score and poo myself with glee.

Lakitu

st5fu
EatChildren said:
Every now and then I remember Clint Mansell is doing the score and poo myself with glee.

I don't. Jack Wall or die.

Synths and electronics > orchestral, strings and piano.

zlatko

Banned
The thing I don't like so far that they've announced is once again I'm gathering a fucking crew of people. Why Jesus Fucking Christ do I need to get a new team over, and over, and over. After ME2 I would have put tracking becons inside everyones anus as Shepard so they don't get lost.

It's going to be the same shit again story wise. Cool opening, make your shepard import your shepard, tutorial, TIME TO GET DOODS DOOD, side quests to partake in as you get doods, oh shit you you has X/X dudes, time for the mid game plot area, now time to get the other DOODS, oh snap you have all the doods, now go beat the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lakitu said:
I don't. Jack Wall or die.

Synths and electronics > orchestral, strings and piano.

But Mansell uses synth...

Dennis

Banned
bengraven said:
WTF @ the Jack hate in the last thread. Best character. I'm still going to get a T-shirt with "Joined a cult, kept the haircut" on it.
I actually really the visual design of Jack. Its very distinct. The actual character herself however....

EatChildren

I really like Jack's design except for that fucking stupid brace she wars as a bra/top/whatever. It look so stupid.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
EatChildren said:
I really like Jack's design except for that fucking stupid brace she wars as a bra/top/whatever. It look so stupid.
You know you'll love it after her boob job in ME3.

IoCaster

I won't deny that I contributed in the effort to shit up the original thread with my dumb rant, but I didn't expect it to descend to the depths of Krogan 'starfish' territory. I blame the femshep fetishists. >.>

I'm thinking about how many people lost Mordin on the SM and it's hard for me to imagine that he'd have any type of crucial role in ME3. Garrus and Tali are reasonable since most fans will likely replay the mission to save them if they get snuffed. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Jack, Thane, Samara and Grunt. Two of which are potential LI for Shep.

Then there's Miranda, Jacob and the Cerberus connection. I usually kill them both off in my paragon runs and blow up the base. I never liked getting railroaded into working for TIM and I was hoping to be done with them for ME3. It's a shame that the writers lacked the creativity to go beyond the human centric focus when they had such a fleshed out universe to exploit. *sigh*

bengraven said:
WTF @ the Jack hate in the last thread. Best character.

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

Squire

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Does Ashleys new found appreciation of her womanhood frighten you?

Oh, no my friend. I can assure you it excites me.

In more ways than you likely care to know ;)

Havok

EatChildren said:
Same. As soon as I got her loyalty outfit it never left. The strap makes the design feel juvenile in a sense (omg you can kind of see her boobs).

Lakitu

st5fu
I want to live in Illium. I'd get myself a slave, indulge in Asari delicacies (you know what I mean), have some red sand, invest into the stock market and buy a bunch of Fornax with my earnings. Life would be good.

Complistic

Gravijah said:
I'm confused about something in that concept art. Where are her feet?
I don't think that's concept art. And if it is, it isn't ME3. Thought it was fan art. At any rate they're walking in snow.

EatChildren

It's official art. Its in the book.

Squire

Banned
Lakitu said:
I want to live in Illium. I'd get myself a slave, indulge in Asari delicacies (you know what I mean), have some red sand, invest into the stock market and buy a bunch of Fornax with my earnings. Life would be good.

You do realize red sand is most likely analogous to heroin, right?

EatChildren

Inorigo said:
You do realize red sand is most likely analogous to heroin, right?

Heroin that gives you super powers.

Jarmel

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I was embarrassed for myself and for Bioware whenever Jack was on screen.

I would have loved to been at the developer meeting for Jack.

Head dev:"So uh we need a badass psychotic bitch on the squad."

Dev1:"Why? Doesn't Miranda fit the femme fatale theme?"

Head dev: "Yea but she's not crazy enough and a lunatic would help give the entire game a darker theme."

Dev1:"Why not her being abused as a child? Abuse screams dark."

Dev2:"Why don't we also just make her naked? Could give it a sexual edge to the character."

Dev3:"Doesn't this seem kinda adolescent guys? Might as well make her smoke too."

Head dev:"Get that asshole out of here."

IoCaster

EatChildren said:

I'll admit that I bought the costume pack to cover that shit up. I use her for my pull bot whenever I play as adept or sentinel. I pair her with Jacob for warpsplosion exploitation in the early missions.

Wiggum2007

For all the talk of the Suicide Mission being about making the right choices and being adequately prepared in order to make it out alive, I really just used it as a convenient way to cull out all the shitty/dull squad members that I didn't care for by purposefully sending them to their deaths.

IoCaster

Wiggum2007 said:
For all the talk of the Suicide Mission being about making the right choices and being adequately prepared in order to make it out alive, I really just used it as a convenient way to cull out all the shitty/dull squad members that I didn't care for by purposefully sending them to their deaths.

TWIMTBP

Jarmel said:
I would have loved to been at the developer meeting for Miranda.

Head dev:"So uh we need a Secretary Hooker on the squad."

Dev1:"Why? Doesn't Ashley fit the sarcastic bitch theme?"

Head dev: "Yea but she's not passive agressive enough and an arrogant whore would help give the entire game a darker theme."

Dev1:"Why not have her being a test tube baby? She could use it to assert her superior genetics."

Dev2:"Why don't we also just make her a supermodel? Could give something to the submissive demographic."

Dev3:"Doesn't this seem kinda adolescent guys? Might as well make her sit behind a computer and give suggestive glances to the player."

Head dev:"Get that asshole out of here."

fixed

EatChildren said:
Heroin that gives you super powers.

You mean like normal heroin?

Top Bottom