• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Mass Effect 3 Details, Try 2 [Update 3: Even More Details]

Gravijah said:
What happens to her boobs if you never had a relationship with her?!

They assume you're gay, and following their Dragon Age II trend of multipurpose love interests, give you a version of her with Kaiden Alenko's body model.

*Pic edited away, for eyesight and copyright reasons*

Set-piece spoiler...

Only other thing I realized I left out is that they watched a video of a segment involve a krogan vehicle train with Shepard riding along, and as it goes a Reaper comes down from the sky to attack. Shepard's vehicle is destoryed, and fighting the thing is impossible on foot. Then a Thresher Maw comes out of the ground and attacks the Reaper. The Thresher gets the upper hand by coiling itself around the Reaper, then drags it underground. It gets quiet, and seems to be over, then laser fire begins erupting from the ground, and Shepard decides this is a good place not to be.

:eek:

I swear to God, if planet scanning is still in this fucking game.

And the worst thing is, the doctors know about how much people hate it. I forgot which one it was, but I remember interviews where one of them was like, "Yeah, I actually love scanning, I'm happy with what we did there even if literally everyone else on Earth hates it."

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I got comfortable enough with KB/M but I still agree with all of this. Comfy couch + PC = mmmmm

I played Crysis 2 with a pad this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I will play The Witcher 2 with one.

Yeah I mean I can play it good enough to get by without dying too much on the difficulty right below Insanity, but it's uncomfortable enough to make me notice it which doesn't happen on a pad and I'm not as efficient.

Patryn

At this point I own both ME and ME2 on the PC, and I want to play through them, but the controls...

I swear I'd go PC as my main playthrough if I could just use a gamepad.

Gravijah said:
That's... weird as hell.

They probably said they couldn't do it because the PC version has a different interface. It's not really all that different though, it just looks different. You still hold a key down to pause and bring up a power/weapon menu, and you still use hotkeys to fire off powers immediately. Only real difference is you can use more hotkeys since it's a keyboard.

I'm filing it under more Bioware laziness.

Patryn

Ickman3400 said:
They probably said they couldn't do it because the PC version has a different interface. It's not really all that different though, it just looks different. You still hold a key down to pause and bring up a power/weapon menu, and you still use hotkeys to fire off powers immediately. Only real difference is you can use more hotkeys since it's a keyboard.

I'm filing it under more Bioware laziness.

Bioware didn't handle the PC port of ME1, so they're not to blame.

However, the lack of gamepad support in ME2 CAN be laid solely at the feet of Bioware.

delirium

Patryn said:
Bioware didn't handle the PC port of ME1, so they're not to blame.

However, the lack of gamepad support in ME2 CAN be laid solely at the feet of Bioware.
That's probably why ME1's PC port was superior.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There were performance issues, but outside of that ME's PC port was absolutely fantastic. Demiurge Studios really nailed the hud and squad control.

BioWare seemed inspired to make something similar with ME2, only did it worse. No hotkeys for weapons was so fucking stupid.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Both PC ports are shitty in their own way.

Demiurge added mappable hotkeys to Mass Effect 1, and easy access to the map screen, but ruined Garrus' face and messed up many outfit LOD textures, so it ends up looking worse in some ways, mostly in conversations.

Bioware added some mappable hotkeys to Mass Effect 2, but the screen promps don't reflect the remaps, the sprint and use keys are still bound to one action like on 360, the Galaxy Map uses the 360's boring navigation (clicking on a planet and holding isn't as kinetic as pressing directions on the stick). But, everything looks better than the Xbox 360 version and they sort of kept Demiurge's UI improvements.

Dany

Banned
My (superior) paragon female thinks highly of her crew from both games while my lanky renegade shepard wants them all to burn in hell, (I think I might kill a few for ME3). Very curious how my shepards take the characters reintroductions

FStop7

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
If thane isn't in this, i'm not sure how well i'll handle it. Might not even buy the game honestly.

He was already dying of space AIDS in ME2, they'll just write him off as having died between ME2 and ME3 even if he survived the suicide mission.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thane sucked. Stupid whiny dying man trying to smooth talk my Shepard. Get ooout.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EatChildren said:
Thane sucked. Stupid whiny dying man trying to smooth talk my Shepard. Get ooout.
-

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
liara_by_behnkestudio-d37vm4e.jpg

EatChildren

Kinyou said:
whhaaaaaaaaaaaat???

He was one of my permanent squad members!

Garrus or bust. GARRUS OR BUST!

Literally.

Kinyou

EatChildren said:
Garrus or bust. GARRUS OR BUST!

Literally.
Garrus is always busy calibrating stuff... IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME HE SHOULD JUST TELL IT ME STRAIGHT AWAY!

Gravijah

Equus Bellator Apex said:
No way. I hate krogan. Those guys are assholes.

First it was all like Wrex and he was badass. Then they took him away and we end up with Jr. Next, we'll probably lose him and end up with some old as fuck cranky krogan.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ugh, Krogans.

Oh look what happens when there isn't any new info. We return you to your regularly scheduled creepy mass effect super fans.
Gravijah said:
we'll probably end up with some old as fuck cranky krogan.
The Patriarch is more awesome than any squad mate that doesn't use a sniper rifle, Thane doesn't count.

Yoshichan

Gravijah said:
Fuckin' racist. You wouldn't say shit like that in our den.
Shit, sooooo quick before my edit :lol

pahamrick

Lyphen said:
Both PC ports are shitty in their own way.

Demiurge added mappable hotkeys to Mass Effect 1, and easy access to the map screen, but ruined Garrus' face and messed up many outfit LOD textures, so it ends up looking worse in some ways, mostly in conversations.

I thought the texture issue with Garrus' face was because Bioware messed up and didn't supply the high-res texture for his face? Could have sworn I read something like that.

EatChildren

Kinyou said:
Garrus is always busy calibrating stuff... IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME HE SHOULD JUST TELL IT ME STRAIGHT AWAY!

Garrus_Romance_by_pokketmowse.jpg

Kinyou said:
So about that Elcor squadmember... This time we really get him, right?

As long as you're ok with a 2 person squad since he'll just barely be off the transport ship by the time you beat the mission.

Wait reading further I raise the question of why Cerberus didn't just bomb the Omega 4 relay and people are like "well a supernova didn't destroy the Ilos one, you probably can't destroy one."

I am super-psychic.

(though i whiffed on the shadow broker and lowballed bioware by assuming it would be miranda's dad or something else boring or mundane)

edit: that old thread owns

t7fj0l.jpg

Squire

Banned
Plasma said:
I'd be disappointed if Mordin wasn't a squad mate in this one, he was the most interesting new squad mate in ME2.

He stood out the most and was a lot of peoples favorite. And reviews cited that a lot too and we know the ME team pays attention to reviews. He'll be a team mate. I just can't imagine him not.

Speedymanic said:
Set-piece spoiler...

Only other thing I realized I left out is that they watched a video of a segment involve a krogan vehicle train with Shepard riding along, and as it goes a Reaper comes down from the sky to attack. Shepard's vehicle is destoryed, and fighting the thing is impossible on foot. Then a Thresher Maw comes out of the ground and attacks the Reaper. The Thresher gets the upper hand by coiling itself around the Reaper, then drags it underground. It gets quiet, and seems to be over, then laser fire begins erupting from the ground, and Shepard decides this is a good place not to be.

:eek:

Aren't Reapers
massive, multiple kilometer long ships? Sovereign dwarfed pretty much every other ship in the first game. How is a Thresher maw supposed to physically drag a ship out of the air that is an order of magnitude larger and heavier than it?

Did the Reapers get a massive nerf in this game? They go from a race of god-like living ships so powerful that a scout can spank an entire fleet, that are capable of brainwashing and driving people mad millions of years after their deaths by their mere presence, to being able to be taken down (if not killed) by wildlife?

Top Bottom