• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Mass Effect 3 Details, Try 2 [Update 3: Even More Details]

Pollux

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Penny Arcade. Bing it.

Holy crap....this shit goes back into the 90s...fucking love it.

I was going to sleep and now i'm occupied with this crap...damn you!!!!!

Snuggler said:
Yeah, it's not gonna happen. Maybe we'll see what a Quarian looks like someday, but I doubt that much less seeing Tali. They've made a point of not doing that.

btw thanks for ruining the last thread you guys
we're sorry

Squire

Banned
IrishNinja said:
HCz2d.jpg

heh. also, +1 to sadness for missing out on the last thread. i was busy on the tinychat and working on witty replies for my next ebattle with gravijahs.

Haha! There's a whole thread dedicated to them on the BioWare forums!

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/6308572/1

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I really need to replay Mass Effect and go ahead and get the Arrival DLC. All of this shit is so foreign sounding to me and I forgot about a lot of it. I love ME though so it'll be worth it :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Jarmel said:
Don't know if this has been posted already:

>improved planet scanning
>Overlord-esc planet exploring

So the worst mini-game I've ever played is back. The Overlord style planet exploring is probably the way to go, people bitch less about going over impossibly large mountains while still exploring planets.

Is this true? Where'd you read that?

Planet scanning... just drop it, I don't want to touch that shit again. Or like someone said, let some Volus do it 24/7. I'm going to try to stop a reaper invasion, I don't want to have to scan for minerals.

And as for Overlord style exploration, that sounds good to me, it's as close as you're going to get to ME 1 style but with more hand-crafted content and much better story stuff. I'd definitel be happy with 10 Overlord-style planets as opposed to 25 or so N7 missions. Just sort out the vehicle, for one thing, I hated not being able to exit my Hammerhead at any time -- it felt forced and arcadey.

Oh and if Cerberus are trying to kill Shepard, I hope they send Kai Leng

Jarmel

Banned
Lakitu said:
Is this true? Where'd you read that?

Planet scanning... just drop it, I don't want to touch that shit again. Or like someone said, let some Volus do it 24/7. I'm going to try to stop a reaper invasion, I don't want to have to scan for minerals.

And as for Overlord style exploration, that sounds good to me, it's as close as you're going to get to ME 1 style but with more hand-crafted content and much better story stuff. I'd definitel be happy with 10 Overlord-style planets as opposed to 25 or so N7 missions. Just sort out the vehicle, for one thing, I hated not being able to exit my Hammerhead at any time -- it felt forced and arcadey.

Oh and if Cerberus are trying to kill Shepard, I hope they send Kai Leng

I saw it in a /v/ post along with other redundant information. Can't find it now but the guy also posted photos of Kaidan and Liara with Shepard, which I hadn't seen before.

Also another update to the gamefaq thread.

"1) Why the hell is the alliance retaking Normandy2.0?

in GI it says that they are taking it apart and studying it because they feel like it's theirs. Why didn't Cerberus build this one? What does the alliance have to do with anything?"

Looks like we're getting a new Normandy.

My GIs keep getting stolen it's seriously pissing me off.

If I go to the PO and tell them they'll probably start throwing away my mail.

Plasma

Banned
I'd be disappointed if Mordin wasn't a squad mate in this one, he was the most interesting new squad mate in ME2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh hay guys wats goin on

Gary Whitta said:
Yes but I prefer to play Mass Effect on 360.
QVRzp.gif

Same here, bro, same here. Maybe it's because I played it on the 360 first, maybe it's because my piece of shit PC apparently can't run ME2 in any resolution higher than 800x600 (the Mass Effect series is one of the few of which I can say I own every chapter twice for different platforms :lol), maybe it's because I find the PC controls awkward... But dammit, 360 version 'till the end.

:lol the hipster mass effect. Assuming direct control, ironically :lol

momolicious said:
Will we be able to see Tali unmasked in this one

Its very possible that no. People have too varied expectations to show something that pleases the majority and they will really dont do it. Leave it to peoples imagination.

But if you really want to know how Tali (and other quarians) face is, the books give vague descriptions saying their faces are similar to humans, and there is a Tali official artwork in the ME artwork book where she has a face drawn, and is very human.

Lakitu

st5fu
SpacePirate Ridley said:
But if you really want to know how Tali (and other quarians) face is, the books give vague descriptions saying their faces are similar to humans, and there is a Tali official artwork in the ME artwork book where she has a face drawn, and is very human.

Yeah, The Art of Mass Effect. I have it, I haven't looked it at it in ages so I'll give it a look. They really should release one for ME 2. I'd buy it at a high price.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do we have any full page scans yet?

Well that's the funniest OP I think I've ever read on here.

Anyway, can't WAIT for this game. Really glad to hear about the improved skill trees and such.

EatChildren

WanderingWind said:
Is there an ultimate version of ME2 on the 360 or PC? Can you even get the DLC for the PC?

All the DLC is on PC, but they never goes on sale like they sometimes do on the 360.

Now that Arrival is out, and is apparently the last mission pack, I wouldn't be surprised of a GOTY edition came later in the year.

daoster

Guys...

Stop it with the pictures. I'm cracking up by myself, looking like a weirdo here.

Did Ashley's boobs get bigger? I knew I should have said faithful to her!

daoster said:
She's also working with the Carrington Institute now.

Does anyone think we will be getting any substantial DLC for ME3? I asked in the last thread, but I don't remember ever seeing an answer.

I can assume we will be getting some appearance packs or something on the same level, but I really wonder if there will be any additional story related DLC.

EatChildren

Typographenia said:
Does anyone think we will be getting any substantial DLC for ME3? I asked in the last thread, but I don't remember ever seeing an answer.

I can assume we will be getting some appearance packs or something on the same level, but I really wonder if there will be any additional story related DLC.

I dont see why not. As far as I'm aware the ME2 DLC sold well. It would be in EA/BioWare's best interest to have more.

daoster said:

They get bigger depending on how many people you cheated on her with. It's Bioware's vision of reactive gameplay in full swing!

EatChildren said:
Now that Arrival is out, and is apparently the last mission pack, I wouldn't be surprised of a GOTY edition came later in the year.
For some reason I find it hard to believe that EA will put out anything related to mass effect that isn't Mass Effect 3 for the rest of this year. At least in stores.

I wouldn't rule out anything in terms of digital releases. Since EA seems to be firmly on board the DD train.

Gravijah

Mister_Bubbles said:
They get bigger depending on how many people you cheated on her with. It's Bioware's vision of reactive gameplay in full swing!

What happens to her boobs if you never had a relationship with her?!

Grisby

Blue Ninja said:
QVRzp.gif

Same here, bro, same here. Maybe it's because I played it on the 360 first, maybe it's because my piece of shit PC apparently can't run ME2 in any resolution higher than 800x600 (the Mass Effect series is one of the few of which I can say I own every chapter twice for different platforms :lol), maybe it's because I find the PC controls awkward... But dammit, 360 version 'till the end.

Damn straight. Give me 8 disc's of epicness I don't care.

My reasons are pretty much the same as yours, :D

Ickman3400 said:
That reminds me, they really need to cut this BS with no pad support on their PC games, especially when it's pretty clearly a console oriented game. I played ME2 on PC for the first time a month ago or so after 4-5 playthroughs on 360 and I never did get 100% used to those uncomfortable keyboard/mouse controls, even 30 hours in.

I got comfortable enough with KB/M but I still agree with all of this. Comfy couch + PC = mmmmm

I played Crysis 2 with a pad this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I will play The Witcher 2 with one.

Top Bottom