• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Tease: "Screenshots ... are gorgeous. My jaw is still on the ground..."

The tease would be different I guess, not just "Screenshots are awesome".

Maybe the nintendo ninjas won't let them say anything more?
E3 is only two months away, and if they release in Nov/Dec then it's about time they slowly started revealing games and other juicy details.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Can a South Park game warrant the statement "Screenshots ... are gorgeous. My jaw is still on the ground..."?

Well it certainly warranted something along the lines of ( paraphrasing, don't remember the exact quote ) :

- " Wow, can't wait to reveal this to you guys, it's going to blow the minds of everyone out there"

itsgreen

I would be a supporter for these threads to be disallowed.

It's a monthly thing. Dead trees say they have something awesome in store for you next issue and it ALWAYS disappoints. Especially if it isn't right near E3. It's always some mediocre title or stuff we already know. The big unveils have almost always been unveiled prior to release of a magazine...

And the worst thing is that every dead tree does this. Once in a while you get lucky with a Swedish magazine which has an actual reveal because of their timing.

-We're not sure Wii U is more powerful than 360.

-As far as I know, nobody expects sanctioned Wii U media before E3.

But we're not sure it's less powerful either (saying this for the sake of the argument, because jus as you may believe it won't be more powerful, I believe it will be).

Plus, why do 'we' not expect any media before E3? We've had information on Killer Freaks, and games such as AC have been announced since last years conference. Plus, this time in 2006, GI revealed Red Steel media to the public. You talk like somehow this time it's different. Even Reggie Fils Aime said we would be getting information before the conference.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Killer Freaks from Outer Space

Lancehead

Well it certainly warranted something along the lines of ( paraphrasing, don't remember the exact quote ) :

- " Wow, can't wait to reveal this to you guys, it's going to blow the minds of everyone out there"

I remember them hyping it by saying no one would be able to guess the cover.

HeySeuss

Nintendo has had a cover on GI what, twice? It's not a WiiU exclusive people. It may be a game that gets a WiiU port, but it won't be featured as an exclusive for WiiU.

TheOddOne

I don't see the need to remove these types of threads. If you know that these hype thread do nothing for you, then best to avoid them.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Game Informer "Red Steel" cover was issue 157, May 2006.

I just pulled out my saved copy. They were still calling the console "Nintendo Revolution".

Probably posted already but Andy followed up a bit about this cover on 4/2

CKqqB.png

Doesn't seem nearly as exciting as jaw on the ground et al...

"people will talk" almost seems like a hint it wont be a Halo 4. Rather, something off the wall...

WiiU game is only wishful thinking; it most probably is a game famous for its graphics, Crytek game maybe, something similar

edit: after seeing Andy's comment; maybe not Crytek game, they are jaw dropping personally or not!

BY2K

Membero Americo

CKqqB.png

"people will talk" almost seems like a hint it wont be a Halo 4. Rather, something off the wall...

I don't like the sound of "depends on how much you like the subject matter."

Aguirre

perhaps it will. if the art direction is more like Braid and less like Skyrim or something, then for me, it'd be amazing.

rdrr gnr

"Subject matter" is definitely odd. I want to say that rules out all of the suggestions in the OP. Unless it is referring to a new mythology.

mandas

Neo Member
Probably something to do with DmC and how good Ninja Theory is with graphics and story since they mentioned subject matter and how people feel about it.

rdrr gnr

So, you guys are equating subject matter, with "series" or "franchise?" I'm not sure I agree. I took it at face value, but, then again, what the fuck do I know?

UrbanRats

I think you guys read far too much in everything this guy says.
It's not like he's playing chess with his words, giving cryptic codes with each tweet.. you could say the stuff he said about ANY game, and still be somewhat right.
This is also why every time there's a wave of disappointment, imo.

Halo 4 is not running at 320x240 with 2x2 supersampling applied, as those gifs would imply. Sorry, but now you just sound like an undercover microsoft marketer.

It's hilarious how desperately people want it to look like that though.

wow at this post

This trend of video game journalists using twitter to hype things is so fucked up. I think everyone can agree on that. But just look at this topic. 16 Pages already? Come the fuck on. If we want to do something about this, we should quit giving them all this attention.

Can't wait for the announcement!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Halo 4 is not running at 320x240 with 2x2 supersampling applied, as those gifs would imply. Sorry, but now you just sound like an undercover microsoft marketer.

It's hilarious how desperately people want it to look like that though.
Let's not rule anything out yet.

DarkChild

Banned

CKqqB.png

Its about cover, not cover story :)

This trend of video game journalists using twitter to hype things is so fucked up. I think everyone can agree on that. But just look at this topic. 16 Pages already? Come the fuck on. If we want to do something about this, we should quit giving them all this attention.

Can't wait for the announcement!

Yeah, it´s basically 800 posts of nothing, spouting the same "GTA V Halo 4 omg Versus XIII & Shenmue 3 you guys" lists and posts over and over again.

It's a smart marketing move but I try to ignore the threads and just discuss in the Cover reveal thread.

Hype is a pretty powerful tactic. E3 will be glorious once again.

DarkChild

Banned
The gifs look great. I wonder how Bungie feels about H4 looking miles beyond anything they have ever done.
Bungie wasn't all that technical anyway. They only had one guy who knew how to do good water and that was creative director, Marcus Lehto.

Kibbles

They're cutscene angle. I never get people oohing over cutscene angles, in engine or not. Yet it's a constant.

They were just taken from a debug camera, not from cutscenes. A person was using the controller to walk around and look around in the warthog and they just detached the camera from first person view and moved it around.

They were just taken from a debug camera, not from cutscenes. A person was using the controller to walk around and look around in the warthog and they just detached the camera from first person view and moved it around.

Please don't use logic. Specialguy is special. He can not understand.

Top Bottom