• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's exclusive New Super Mario Bros. U trailer

Oh god, looks so good. If this is Mario in HD, then just rub it all over my face. Level variety looks a cut above the previous NSMB games, as well. :D

AzaK

Man, the more I see of this the more I start to like it - and that's coming from a 2d Mario detractor.

I haven't really been following this title, but I assume you can play regular coop without having to use the gamepad for platform building? If so this might be a good title for me and my wife.

Neiteio

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't hate the music, eh? It grated on me in the last three NSMB games, but something about the melody in this one is just downright pleasing.

bill0527

Does anyone know if this has online co-op? I know everything about Nintendo's online for WiiU is a big mystery, but have they announced any online features for this game?

RagnarokX

I did, and it was fantastic. That being said, I'm noticing that the types of levels used in the trailer are a bit more varied than the standard themed worlds of the previous titles.

Not really... We haven't seen any level types that NSMBWii hasn't done, except that giant beanstalk level. The ice level with the star platforms are kinda new in that the platforms are physics-driven instead of automatically rotating.

Don't get me wrong, though. NSMBWii is the best 2D Mario, and I'm sure this game is going to be even better. It's just I think most of GAF needs to replay NSMBWii or something :p

Top Bottom