• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's top 25 DS games

NSMB and YIDS are both unjustly hated on. They're pretty easily the two best platformers on the DS.

Which sounds ok, until you remember the DS had very few platformers.

Oh. And also

436682-kirby_super_star_ultra.jpg

NSMB isn't even the best Mario meta-franchise game on the system, let alone the best game.

Spirit Tracks is a better game than Phantom Hourglass.

Order of Ecclesia is better than Dawn of Sorrow (though DoS is still pretty darn good).

Radiant Historia and TWEWY deserve their spots, as does Ace Attorney.

I see no Rhythm Heaven, no Ouendan/EBA, no FF3make, therefore this list is invalid.

Espada

Wow, the order is all wrong and many entries have better counterparts within their own series (no Days of Ruin or Order of Ecclesia? Come on now). That said, I'm glad Radiant Historia got on the list. It deserves the praise it gets. Bowser's Inside Story being on their is a good choice as well.

Watashiwa

No Shin Megami Tensei. No Infinite Space. Advance Wars Dual Strike instead of Days of Ruin.

I knew there was a reason I stopped subscribing to Game Informer. Korg DS wasn't even a *game*.

leroidys

1. mario kart ds
  2. rhythm heaven
  3. pokemon bw
  4. castlevania OoE
  5. bowsers inside story
  6. pictobits
  7. spirit tracks
  8. castlevania DoS
  9. picross ds
  10. yoshis island DS
  11. Suikoden Tierkreis
  12. Tingles rosy rupeeland
  13. Final Fantasy 4 Warriors of Light
  14. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  15. phantom hourglass

Something like this. Yeah there's a couple things on the GI list I don't agree with, but honestly it's pretty hard to come up with a DS top 15. DS has a ton of great games that are all about 8.5/10. Very few games on it are clearly above everything else - I would only name my top 5 as such.

3DS has a better group of AAA (quality) games in its first year than the DS' entire library. It doesn't look like it's going to have nearly the breadth of titles as DS though.

Artorias

Banned
That's a terrible list. The worst Mario platformer of all time is your #1 DS game?

What a bleak world they must live in.

Top Bottom