• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

Pretty good episode. Kept the pacing pretty well and finally provided some plot developments. Not much, but a decent amount.

Speaking of developments...
5562a34d1aaec7043ea52155_game-of-thrones-sexual-assault-sand-snakes.jpg

Probably the most gorgeous woman on the show. The horrible Sand Snakes plotline and fight scene bore some fantastic fruit.

You know this is probably a turning point for Danny. It's pretty clear she was an absolutely terrible ruler so her being joined by Varis and Tyrion will help her immensely. I think what will probably get her to cross the narrow sea finally is Sir Jorah infecting the entire city of Marin with the plague.I'm not sure what the hell he thinks he's doing or how infectious it actually is because he got it from simply fighting the stone men and now he's made contact with a ton of people.

As for King's landing and the north I don't see happy endings because then who will Danny take on? The zombie mountain is still relevant and Jaime is still alive and well. I can't see the lannister storyarch ending with them executed by the High Sparrow because who will take the throne? Tyrells are too likable to be there and there always need to be some conflic there to make it more interesting when the Queen finally comes to take it. Maybe they make Stannis a bastard by having him burn his daughter then kill Sansa for some reason. I just can't see Stannis and the Tyrells both coming out on top to end the season. It's too ideal.

Dennis

Banned
Oh God, Jorah is finally going to get a chance to touch his Khaleesi but now he has that stone disease so to touch her would be to infect her.......

This is totally what they are building towards.

You know this is probably a turning point for Danny. It's pretty clear she was an absolutely terrible damn ruler so her being joined by Varis and Tyrion will help her immensely. I think what will probably get her to cross the narrow sea finally is Sir Jorah infecting the entire damn city of Marin with the plague.I'm not sure what the hell he thinks he's doing or how infectious is actually is because he got it from simply fighting the stone men and now he's made contact with a ton of people.

As for King's landing and the north I don't see happy ending because then who will Danny take on? The zombie mountain is still relevant and jaime is still alive and well. I can't see the lannister arch at kinds landing end with them executed by the High Sparrow because who will take the throne? Tyrells are too likable to be there.

Legit questions. But I lost it at Danny. Sounds so manly.

XD

I loved the chanting music at the end of the episode as Cersei's locked up. One thing I really love about the sparrows is the religious fear and tyranny they've spread. They're putting the medieval back in medieval fantasy.

sangreal

There are so many villains in Westeros that I don't think you need to worry about running out of them before Danaerys arrives. Besides, she needs to take on the real villains w/ her dragons -- the army of the dead

Who does he even have left as council? Potentially Littlefinger, although he wouldn't advise him in his best interest. Pycelle and Qyburn. That's it I think?

Without anyone guiding him I don't see him having any kind of success.

I'd imagine the quick-witted Olenna Tyrell is going to be seeking an audience with the King quite soon, and given the vacuum of advice he now resides in and the fact that she's the mother of the woman he loves, I imagine Tommen will be receptive to her advice. That is, if someone like Littlefinger doesn't get to him first.

One thing I've found odd is that Cersei encouraged the marriage of Tommen and Margaery, but then worked to actively sabotage it and get rid of Margaery completely. I suppose it sounded a better idea in abstract than in practice?

Overdoziz

Banned
I'd imagine the quick-witted Olenna Tyrell is going to be seeking an audience with the King quite soon, and given the vacuum of advice he now resides in and the fact that she's the mother of the woman he loves, I imagine Tommen will be receptive to her advice. That is, if someone like Littlefinger doesn't get to him first.

One thing I've found odd is that Cersei encouraged the marriage of Tommen and Margaery, but then worked to actively sabotage it and get rid of Margaery completely. I suppose it sounded a better idea in abstract than in practice?

Wait, when did Cercai encourage the marriage?

neoism

woow as much as i dislike Ceresi and stuff mean what the fuck this 7th heaven mothafucker is really getting on my nerves... If I was king everyone of those mofos would be headless...

The Cowboy

Holy shit was a terrible unnecessary cover.

It was originally done on a UK show called Solider Solider (he and Robson sang it during a scene on the show) - after the episode ITV got loads of requests for the single and as such Simon Cowell (who else really) jumped on it.

That cover maintained no 1 for 7 weeks and was the best selling song of the year, it also spawned 2 no 1 albums - all covers.

It was originally done on a UK show called Solider Solider (he and Robson sang it during a scene on the show) - after the episode ITV got loads of requests for the single and as such Simon Cowell (who else really) jumped on it.

That cover maintained no 1 for 7 weeks and was the best selling song of the year, it also spawned 2 no 1 albums - all covers.

Wowzers. I still like you Bron..

Vestal

Gold Member
woow as much as i dislike Ceresi and stuff mean what the fuck this 7th heaven mothafucker is really getting on my nerves... If I was king everyone of those mofos would be headless...

The Undead Mountain is in need of feeding.

Angry Fork

Hopefully Cersei is able to make heads roll at some point. Even though the Lannisters are the bad guys I can't help but root for them, they're a lot of fun to watch. I like the idea of "people power" against the aristocracy but I hate that it's religious/crazy based, so fuck them up Cersei and crew.

I'm upset that Tyrion is now tied to Daenerys, as I feel she's the worst character on the show. Hopefully he can make her scenes better.

sangreal

Major developments right here. Wonder why they put the sand snakes into the horrible prison instead of the nice one like they put Jaime in. They are sort of royal blood as well.

I guess because they're bastards

Ellaria wasn't with them, so presumably she got a nice suite like Jaime

Wait, when did Cercai encourage the marriage?

During Tommen's coronation dinner I believe, Cersei went up to the balcony and talked to Margaery and more or less suggested a union between Tommen and Margaery. Cersei said something to the effect of, "He's going to need more support than a mother can give." Perhaps she saw the inevitable happening and chose to bide her time, but it was a fairly sudden shift. Margaery certainly didn't do herself any favors by acting condescending to Cersei after the marriage.

You in the wrong thread or something? Most of this stuff seems pulled out of thin air. We have zero details of what the Boltons are thinking to fight against Stannis. All we know is that Ramsay will help Roose fight.

I mean you can kind of tell that the daughter of Stannis will have some importance but it's never been hinted she would be sacrificed and certainly not anything about the sacrifice being for some earth shattering magic potential.

Anyway. I just hope for a good episode.

No, I'm not in the wrong thread. I haven't even read the books. I think the Boltons have a plan because Roose told Ramsey to help him win the battle and Ramsey gave him that knowing look and shit eating grin and Stannis has more men according to Littlefinger so they must have a plan knowing Baelish is betting on Stannis and a Stannis victory seems like a surefire thing that's too obvious so they must have a plan especially since Melissendre made a point about bringing her with Stannis to win the battle. In another episode Melissendre told Shireen's mother selyse that she would be important and essential to the battle and victory in the near future, she said this on the show to her mother which is why she wanted them to bring her. This is all just speculation on my part though.

I'm not pulling this out of thin air, have you been reading this entire thread? Did you not see the countless other people speculating the same exact thing in this thread about Shireen's sacrifice and the Bolton's plan/trap. Do you conspire that they are all book readers trying to spoil you and ruin your fun?

I've never read the books and I'm not in the wrong thread, this was all speculation on my part although this last episode confirms that the Red Woman wants to sacrifice his daughter but seriously if you've read this thread surely you've seen many other people post in here and countless people speculate the same thing, about Stannis' daughter and the Boltons, I know I have, a lot of us are likeminded and have been thinking the same thing, speculating on this for a while now, you've honestly never seen these theories from people in this thread before, or do you think we are all book readers conspiring to spoil people? Sigh,

Anyway, Bronn actually survived? That's a surprise, I really wasn't expecting that, but I guess his death was hinted at and too obvious, even for these writers. Glad to see he's alive though, I really wasn't expecting that.

When you have so much dirty laundry, you can't go and expose others dirty socks. Get rekt Cersei.

Really this. I understand she's not smart as she thinks she is, but glass houses, stones etc. Why wouldn't she consider her history when giving the Faith people unlimited power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom