• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Jon still has his fleet. Worst case Castle Black tells him to fuck off and they sail around the Wall.

EDIT: Wait, I'm watching the re-run. Tyerion said Cerci had Robbert killed??? When the fuck was that mentioned?

She purposely got him shitfaced so he'd get wounded hunting.

I think it's what Tyrion believed. So he said it.

Also, Winter has been knocking forever.

We're at the end of one of the longest summers recorded. Winterfell is under insane snow, the entire invasion of the Walkers rests on the the world being a frozen wasteland for years.

Kings Landing is evacuated/evicerated in multiple visions with snow falling on it's ruble. We know winter is coming, in more than one way.

We're at the end of one of the longest summers recorded. Winterfell is under insane snow, the entire invasion of the Walkers rests on the the world being a frozen wasteland for years.

Kings Landing is evacuated/evicerated in multiple visions with snow falling on it's ruble. We know winter is coming, in more than one way.

Ya, im just saying. We have known this for a very, very, very long time that it has become an endearing in-joke amongst the show's fans.

:x

"Sometimes a man has to make hard choices, choices that seem wrong now but in the long run are the right choices"

Cut shot to Sam's food with it in frame for an unusual amount of time with the kids eyes staring at it

Good job Sam, you just totally inspired that kid to kill Jon.

"Sometimes a man has to make hard choices, choices that seem wrong now but in the long run are the right choices"

Cut shot to Sam's food with it in frame for an unusual amount of time with the kids eyes staring at it

Yeah, I'm not feelin Olly, fuck that kid.

Kay, I need to take a moment and fucking rant about that. How in the hell is there any kind of universe where people continually trust, and then become surprised when betrayed, by a house whose sigil is A FUCKING FLAYED MAN!?!?! It continually fucking baffles me.
Yeah I know right, that shit cracks me up. Funny enough Roose gave Robert the best advice that he constantly ignored. Roose is too pragmatic to fuck with in my opinion. Dude got married to a fat woman just to make some money from of it.

Dennis

Banned
"Winter is coming"

"Winter is going to come, you'll see"

"You guys, Winter is totally coming"

"bla bla Winter bla bla"

Then Winter fucking came.

thekad

Banned

Damn.

JoeBoy101

Had to change my avatar to the show's true hero: Wun-Wun.

Dennis said:
"Winter is coming"

"Winter is going to come, you'll see"

"You guys, Winter is totally coming"

"bla bla Winter bla bla"

Then Winter fucking came.

What's amazing to me is how the show lulls you into thinking how its all talk and bullshit with half-glimpses and scary talk. 4.5 Seasons of, "Winter is coming" *scary hands*. Then you up and get the full view of what they are talking about and its way worse than thought. Yeah, should have listened to Nan.

Whats everyone's favorite house sigils btw?

I like the Greyjoy's (cuz Cthulhu) :D
game_of_thrones_house_sigils___eps_vector_file__by_fuzzysocks102-d7kvsjp.png

Hopefully this isn't one of those "book spoiler" things. I like Martell, Lannister and Bolton (Just because they are assholes to a hilarious level when they want to be). Fuck those Frey bastards though. Stannis' sigil looks like a flaming Bulwinkle.

Minion101

Banned
I also thought for a split second " holy Shit, Jon Snow's gonna die".

I'm very interested to find out more about the dragon's glass and all. Targaryens are from Valeria or have Valerian blood right? Dragon's glass, Valerian steel, Dragons themselves, all tied to Valeria.

Makes me think things are being set up for the Dragons to save the day.

Kay, I need to take a moment and fucking rant about that. How in the hell is there any kind of universe where people continually trust, and then become surprised when betrayed, by a house whose sigil is A FUCKING FLAYED MAN!?!?! It continually fucking baffles me.

Been saying the same thing. The only thing i can think of is that its a dark history of the house. Dunno. But yes very strange that Rob trusted Roose.

Road

It's amazing how much better this season could have been if each episode followed two story threads at a time, instead of like six.

Yes, the 5 minute clips style works when you have interesting and relevant story lines, but with all the paper thin, pointless, drab stuff that is being currently highlighted, it just doesn't cut it.

The sooner you get rid of one shit, the better, but, no, we're forced to switch between multiple shits for 10 episodes

Maybe some fans will attempt a season re-edit in the future. It would be interesting to see how it turns out.

I was hoping for at least one negative impression about this episode so I could use this.

Well... but here it is.
thisisneogaf.gif

LOL that's great. I'm pretty sure there was at least one negative. They liked the episode but nitpicked it to shit and overall read as a complaint post. I'd look for it but there have been too many pages since last night.

Hopefully this isn't one of those "book spoiler" things. I like Martell, Lannister and Bolton (Just because they are assholes to a hilarious level when they want to be). Fuck those Frey bastards though. Stannis' sigil looks like a flaming Bulwinkle.

Man, did Richard III rip off Tyrell and Crakehall or what.

Richard_III_Close_up.jpg

owww stannis' sigil.... so bad... XD

oww oww

tyrell one looks like a pie from above :x it makes me hungry.

i stick by my choice! GREYJOY ONE IS BEST :D

Been saying the same thing. The only thing i can think of is that its a dark history of the house. Dunno. But yes very strange that Rob trusted Roose.
But Roose gave good advice. If Robb had stopped listening to his mother and dick long enough he might still be alive. Roose knew what was going on, there was no way in hell a survivor like Roose was going to go down on Robb's boat.

Mr.Mike

I feel like dragon glass might be one of the ingredients in making Valyrian steel.

Remember that the Targaryans choose a bunch of islands filled with dragonglass for their "home" lands when they took over Westeros. And now that nobody remembers what it was good for nobody wants the islands (Stannis was super bitter his brother gave him the isles to rule instead of the Baratheon place).

Stannis did mention that his islands were full of dragonglass a few episodes ago.

Is Valyrian steel rare in Westoros?
I hope the Whitewalkers play an integral role in the show and aren't taken out quickly by the dragons.

I feel like dragon glass might be one of the ingredients in making Valyrian steel.

Remember that the Targaryans choose a bunch of islands filled with dragonglass for their "home" lands when they took over Westeros. And now that nobody remembers what it was good for nobody wants the islands (Stannis was super bitter his brother gave him the isles to rule instead of the Baratheon place).

Stannis did mention that his islands were full of dragonglass a few episodes ago.

Yea, this is what I think too.

Dragon Glass from what I can tell is Obsidian, which is made from volcanoes. My guess is when Valyerian Steel is made it's made using volcanic metal and maybe smelted using some type of lava or some shit.

Smelting obsidian with steel is fucking insanely hard and the art of doing it has been lost after the Doom, so any shot of smelting new steel is pretty much gone.

Now even though Valyerian Steel is most likely impossible to create now, Dragon Glass itself is going to be plentiful at Old Valyeria and Dragonstone.

I'm pretty sure that sword is with Tommen now. I highly doubt one of the last Valyerian blades is going to get buried with that fucking piece of shit king. Valyerian steel is almost always handed down.

kyser73

Best episode of the entire show.

Dany/Tyrion/Jorah

and

then a scene that looked and played better than most $200,000,000 movies.

The Jon/White Walker fight and the Come At Me Crow guy at the end were just breathtaking.

This, absolutely this.

One of the best mass-battle scenes I've ever watched, period, let alone probably the most epic thing I've seen on a TV show. Actually felt wasted watching on a 42" TV.

Great episode, and made the rest of the season worth the wait for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom