• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

^^^^^

Start being a smarter bastard and don't allude to what you've seen in leaked/pirated episodes at the top of the page.

Curufinwe

I'm one of the stupid bastards who blew his load and watched the 4 leaked episodes. This season is going to be incredible.

See ya.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get torrent software and the like to work, reviews and impressions of pirated content, talking about how you're currently watching/plan to watch illegally obtained episodes, and anything else like that is strictly prohibited. Obviously, posting spoilers from the leak is going to cop you a lengthy ban, as well. This applies for any television show that we talk about in the OT.

roytheone

Just saw it, all in all a pretty good episode. Nothing really huge happened, and it was mostly a lot of set up for the rest of the season, but that is to be expected after the events at the end of season 4. Definitely excited for the Tyrion+ Dany combo and Stannis VS Boltons. Sad to see Mance gone, for the short amount of screen time he got, he was pretty awesome.

FYI guys, be a little extra careful if you decide to read any show stuff on EW.com

They seem to enjoy throwing in book spoilers into the middle of interviews and shit with just a quick "watch out spoilers here it comes: SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER"

I'd just avoid altogether

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What was the reasoning behind those guys in gold mask killing Danny's solider at the start?
Well they were called the sons of the harpy, and we saw them pulling a harpy statue down at the beginning, so I am assuming they are a loyalist resistance of some sort.

RS4-

Good start, no idea who these harpy clowns are. Was worried they somehow recasted Greyworm who fucking dies by some chump.

Sarah Connor doesn't act with her eyebrows anymore, so yeah, good start.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I find it funny how many people thought that Unsullied was a recasted Grey Worm. Thought the same too.

I find it funny how many people thought that Unsullied was a recasted Grey Worm. Thought the same too.

I actually thought it was the same guy who had just buffed up like crazy and gotten miraculously taller.

Good start, no idea who these harpy clowns are. Was worried they somehow recasted Greyworm who fucking dies by some chump.

Sarah Connor doesn't act with her eyebrows anymore, so yeah, good start.

With her eyebrow*. Singular.

Edwardo

Yea I wasn't sure if that was Grey Worm or not, but I figured it wasn't since I hadn't heard anything about a recast like they did with Daario Naharis before.

BigAT

FYI guys, be a little extra careful if you decide to read any show stuff on EW.com

They seem to enjoy throwing in book spoilers into the middle of interviews and shit with just a quick "watch out spoilers here it comes: SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER"

I'd just avoid altogether

Entertainment Weekly was the absolute worst with that type of thing when LOST was on the air. My roommate at the time had a subscription and I refused to read any of it because they would just throw things out all the time without any warning at all.

I read all the books and tried to get into the show back in S1 but I just couldn't do it. Too similar to the books and it was just a boring retread of what I already read before. Not that the show was bad, but that I just couldn't sit and watch it without getting bored.

The S5 premiere is free on the Xbox One dashboard/store whatever, so I'm watching it now.

Still seems really similar to the books but not incredibly so. The production values look like they have gone up a bit. It makes sense that the budget has continued to increase.

Curufinwe

I read all the books and tried to get into the show back in S1 but I just couldn't do it. Too similar to the books and it was just a boring retread of what I already read before. Not that the show was bad, but that I just couldn't sit and watch it without getting bored.

The S5 premiere is free on the Xbox One dashboard/store whatever, so I'm watching it now.

Still seems really similar to the books but not incredibly so. The production values look like they have gone up a bit. It makes sense that the budget has continued to increase.

Since you have read all the books you'd probably be better off posting in the other thread.

Since you have read all the books you'd probably be better off posting in the other thread.

I didn't post anything about spoilers and I'm probably not going to continue watching. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the higher production values/budgets and the general improved tone of the series.

The Dragons look nice. Much better than they did before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the guy looked like he was going to woo Dany by walking into her bedchamber wearing nothing but a bowtie and speedos, winking and popping his pecs left-right-left-right.

I see no problem with this
iWRx8BcdNHG5z.gif

i4wvjv45sJCWv.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I didn't post anything about spoilers and I'm probably not going to continue watching. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the higher production values/budgets and the general improved tone of the series.

Some people just dont like reading comparaision about the books and the show, even if there is no spoilers mentioned.

There is the "book readers" thread for people like you. :p

Nevertheless, this thread is specifically for people that haven't read the books, and the OP clearly lays out the rules. Please use the other thread if you're going to continue commenting on the show. Thank you.

the whole WE KNOW SANSA HAS CHANGED BECAUSE SHE WEARS BLACK NOW thing seems like they're really laying it on thick. Still, I really have no idea where this thread with littlefinger is going, he seems so damn random, so they at least have me kinda interested. And Robyn wouldn't make it a day on the wall, hah

So does anyone else feel like the only way Kelly C is going to get any where is by taking her dragons to petsmart and getting them trained? Like I can't see how her story can go any where else. So maybe the focal point of her story will be getting control of them this season and that will be her course and will hopefully prove she can actually do some leading?

She's gotta do SOMETHING this season. It feels like she's been coasting for a while now so it's good that they're trying to give her things to do this early on.

I mean, anything is better than season 2 dany right?

So does anyone else feel like the only way Kelly C is going to get any where is by taking her dragons to petsmart and getting them trained? Like I can't see how her story can go any where else. So maybe the focal point of her story will be getting control of them this season and that will be her course and will hopefully prove she can actually do some leading?

the whole WE KNOW SANSA HAS CHANGED BECAUSE SHE WEARS BLACK NOW thing seems like they're really laying it on thick. Still, I really have no idea where this thread with littlefinger is going, he seems so damn random, so they at least have me kinda interested. And Robyn wouldn't make it a day on the wall, hah
Clearly his endgame is to bang sansa

I wonder where the Cersei flashback stuff is going. I liked the younger Cersei casting. Can't wait to see Arya this season. Varys is still awesome.

I need ep 2 in my veins.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
the whole WE KNOW SANSA HAS CHANGED BECAUSE SHE WEARS BLACK NOW thing seems like they're really laying it on thick.

That's actually not the unrealistic at all. She's a teenager that came from a terrible situation where she had to play meek and stupid and now she's completely free to do whatever she wants and lots of teens go through that "dark" phase.

Thank god they recast that one. I'm not sure I could take that much cheesy beefcake.

I said the same thing watching that scene with him and Dany, I couldn't see the other actor trying to be convincing during that conversation at all.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fairly uneventful episode. May be a first for the show. But I'm sure the rest of the season will be great, so I'm not going to bitch about it, tbf. I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy Tyrion as much as I used to do now that he's basically bankrupt in terms of money AND sway, though...

She's beautiful, but I actually prefer her with the red hair instead of whatever gothic shit she's got going on now.

It's just a phase.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
any guesses who cersei was with? I cant imagine theyre not going to appear again at some point but Ill be damned if I can think of any connection

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I was about to be so pissed haha.

I wonder where the Cersei flashback stuff is going. I liked the younger Cersei casting.

Yep, the casting was great. I instinctively knew who that was supposed to be. Cant believe Cersei had a friend at one point. wonder if they're gonna shed more light on this in future eps.

I wonder where the Cersei flashback stuff is going. I liked the younger Cersei casting. Can't wait to see Arya this season. Varys is still awesome.

I need ep 2 in my veins.

I don't really think the flashback is going anywhere. It seemed to have done exactly what it set out to do, show that Cersei has always known about these terrible things that were going to happen to her, setting up the question of was she tied to this fate, or did she self-fulfill it by hearing about it. It doesn't really seem like they are planning on going back for more Cersei flashbacks

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
you mean the new guy ?

I was gonna be pissed because I thought they had recast grey worm. But all is well since they didn't.

No, I mean Grey Worm. I thought they had recast him and I was ready to hate on him. I like Grey Worm's actor (and character) quite a bit, even if he doesn't get to do a lot.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So at the start, did Cersei ask 2 questions or 3? I thought is was two, but I might have missed one.

I believe the first was will she marry a prince, the second was will she be queen and the third was about having children.

The second one was quick after the witch said she wouldn't marry a prince but she'd marry a king.

Paxem

Banned
Good episode nothing more. But I can understand that since they want to setup the rest of the season. By the way is it okay to post prediction or is't not allowed by the fear that someone will use it to say spoilers as predictions? finally I had a question yesterday but since I forgot most of Season 4 I don't have the answer for it: In season 4 didn't the night watch said that if the wildlings managed to pass the wall then they will take all of westeros? but then stannis with a small army defeated them?! is it because that wan't their full army? I don't think that just the surprising factor was strong enough for stannis to beat that huge army.

bender

What time is it?

Guilty!

Loved the first episode. I'm finally warming up to Jon Snow. I'm also impressed by HBO Now especially after my friend's complaints about HBO Go.

Jackpot

Banned
Yep, the casting was great. I instinctively knew who that was supposed to be. Cant believe Cersei had a friend at one point. wonder if they're gonna shed more light on this in future eps.

There was her servant girl who stole a necklace and Cersei had her beaten so badly that she lost an eye, but the girl in the flashback looked highborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom