• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
emilia clarke's smile is too much

Dennis

Banned
MmA2MH3.gif

She looks great here.

Khaleesi, I can be your real life Jorah!

oh wait.....

How many legitimate stars will come from this show? Sophie Turner, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage (although he certainly deserved to be one before this) are the ones that I see.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How many legitimate stars will come from this show? Sophie Turner, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage (although he certainly deserved to be one before this) are the ones that I see.

Thought Robb Stark would have a chance, but he looks off without his beard.

Acrylic7

So is John Snow really gone?
What if the Red Lady does something with his blood or something, cant they bring people back.

Ovid

So is John Snow really gone?
What if the Red Lady does something with his blood or something, cant they bring people back.

Jon Snow is dead.

He will return though. You know why? Because Sam the Man said so.

Anyways, Toros brought back Beric Bondarrion so anything is possible. The thing I wonder about is what part of him will be removed if he is resurrected by the Lord of Light? I hope it's the bullshit "honor" part.

EDIT: I always thought that the blood in that scene was supposed to be symbolic of Jon SNOW dying...well in the snow.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Jon Snow is dead.

Anyways, Toros brought back Beric Bondarrion so anything is possible. The thing I wonder about is what part of him will be removed if he is resurrected by the Lord of Light? I hope it's the bullshit "honor" part.

EDIT: I always thought that the blood in that scene was supposed to be symbolic of Jon SNOW dying...well in the snow.

what do you mean a part of him will be removed?

Loakum

Banned
Jon Snow is dead.

"Kill the boy, so that the man will live."

While Natalie Dormer was already pretty famous, she is getting a lot bigger roles now. Also, Maisie Williams has a lot of potential to make it quite big.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

How about Gwendoline Christie? She's going to be in Hunger Games and Star Wars this fall. That's two huge movies. Unless her roles in these movies are going to be very minor?

Moaradin

How about Gwendoline Christie? She's going to be in Hunger Games and Star Wars this fall. That's two huge movies. Unless her roles in these movies are going to be very minor?

She's playing Captain Phasma in Star Wars which seems to be a pretty major antagonist role.

Pluto

Definitely Sophie Turner, I really think she has the best chance, tall, young, beautiful and talented. The others ... nah. Harrington will get a few roles but will be tossed aside for the next hot and young guy that comes along, Clarke can't act and fucked up big time by starring in Terminator genysywhatever and Dinklage is too small, like it or not but he can only play specific types of roles, he'll work but more as a character actor.

I think Lena Heady will get more and better roles, she's already an established actress and GoT helped raising he profile but she's too old to become a major star at this point. She should be but the roles a woman her age should play usually go to starlets in their early 20s, that's how 22 year old Kate Bosworth was cast as experienced Pulitzer Price winning journalist Lois Lane who also had a five year old son. Not that Lena should play Lois but it was exactly the type of major role that should have gone to an older actress but didn't. Happens all the time, they finally got it right with Amy Adams as Lois, the movie might have sucked but the casting was great.

I think many people will say Maisie Williams but I don't see it, people are in love with her character and that will allow her to work in genre shows at least but beyond that ... I just don't think it's going to happen.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Soooo any help here guys ...

I have a friend that I convinced to start watching GoT.

She is on episode 3, is there anything that I can send her that shows characters and houses and all of that with out spoiling anything so that she can remember and know all of them??

She is on episode 3, is there anything that I can send her that shows characters and houses and all of that with out spoiling anything so that she can remember and know all of them??

Send her this. Shows the houses and characters of season 1. No spoilers, this is the way it looks at the start of the season.

turtle553

http://quartermaester.info/

You can set where everyone is based on whatever episode or book chapter you choose. It's just pretty slow since there is a ton of info.

Also on youtube you can find the animated history of westeros from each Blu-ray season. They don't really cover anything that's happened in the show, but maybe just do season 1 to be safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSuXBVv4ppY

Ovid

I've watched Seasons 1-3 about two or three times. Seasons 4-5 twice.

I don't seem to recall if we were ever told how Lyanna Stark died. Am I just forgetting?

I've watched Seasons 1-3 about two or three times. Seasons 4-5 twice.

I don't seem to recall if we were ever told how Lyanna Stark died. Am I just forgetting?

Not in the show, yet.

I believe Robert talked about how Rhaegar raped her. I think he said something like, "...what he did to her." Implying he did more than just rape her.

raindoc

Found an article on reddit. It's about S6 SFX and contains some (IMHO) very mild spoilers. Nothing about new characters or story arcs. No resurrection story or funeral scenes involved.

(Be warned about hovering over the link if you want to go into S6 1000% blind, the URL is pretty straight forward.)

LINK

mantidor

Not in the show, yet.

I believe Robert talked about how Rhaegar raped her. I think he said something like, "...what he did to her." Implying he did more than just rape her.

I'm almost sure that in Winterfell's catacombs when Sansa and Littlefinger were down there she says something on the lines that Rhaegar "raped and killed" Lianna, and Littlefinger just smirked.

Looks like the actor who plays a certain character from a couple of seasons ago has confirmed that his character will be returning although not necessarily in Season 6. Safety spoilers follow for those who want to remain pure.

David Bradley said he will be reprising his role as Walder Frey at some point in the series. I can't wait.

Rogan

Banned
Watched the first season in 2 days.

Stellar show, but I hope it continues to be good in season 2. For some reason many shows just keep getting bad after each season.

Crispy75

Watched the first season in 2 days.

Stellar show, but I hope it continues to be good in season 2. For some reason many shows just keep getting bad after each season.

I'd get off this thread sharpish if I were you! The spoilers will come thick.

However, you can rest easy knowing that the quality only improves up to season 4, with opinion divided on s5. I liked it, but others found it a bit of a drag after the bombastic s4.

Armadilo

Banned
In 1 week I watched the 5 seasons of GOT and it was amazing and I just want more. This is seriously the best tv series that I have ever watched, it's just too good. Netflix really needs to get a Witcher or Lord of the Rings Series going because GOT is just amazing and Marco Polo can't really compete.

Vashetti

Banned
While the thread's bumped, be careful folks, they're filming in Belfast at the moment and several cast members have been spotted, and their names are essentially spoilers for the show.

So be wary of what news you're reading. I think it best we don't mention whose been sighted in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom