• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also really glad Bronn is back, one of my favorite characters. Him and Jaime should have awesome chemistry.

But with Arya no longer saying The Hound in her death list I guess it's pretty much confirmed that he's dead, which sucks because I was really hoping he wasn't even though I was pretty sure that he was.

Vashetti

Banned
Also really glad Bronn is back, one of my favorite characters. Him and Jaime should have awesome chemistry.

But with Arya no longer saying The Hound in her death list I guess it's pretty much confirmed that he's dead, which sucks because I was really hoping he wasn't even though I was pretty sure that he was.

She also omitted Illyn Payne, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, the Red Woman and some others, who are alive as far as we're aware.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I dunno about that. All we know is she thinks he's dead, and I'd agree as well, but it's just her POV.

Vashetti

Banned
She also omitted Tywin Lannister. How would she even know he was dead?

We caught up with her on the same ship at the end of S4.

I dunno about that. All we know is she thinks he's dead, and I'd agree as well, but it's just her POV.

yeah, if we didn't see him actually die then we can't really confirm one way or another.

Not that id know what they'd do with him after that last scene. He wasn't exactly in the best of ways mentally or physically.

She also omitted Illyn Payne, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, the Red Woman and some others, who are alive as far as we're aware.

Fair enough, but she definitely would have heard about Tywin.

I hope the writers aren't just deciding to remove them because who cares.

SummitAve

Banned
Fair enough, but she definitely would have heard about Tywin.

I hope the writers aren't just deciding to remove them because who cares.

Were they omitted or just not shown? I remember the scene just capturing her going through some of the list but never the whole thing because time was lapsing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Much, MUCH better episode than the premiere. I didn't quite like the way Jon Snu was made commander of the watch, but everything else was really nicely put together, from Arya's introduction to the brotherhood (OH BOY, do I want to see her training/whatever) to Drogon looking mighty statuesque in that roof. And it was about damn time somebody put Cersei and Danny in their respective places. That hissing scene was incredible.

Also, count me in the Bronnwagon. His appeal to karma was priceless. What a bastard.

Vashetti

Banned
Were they omitted or just not shown? I remember the scene just capturing her going through some of the list but never the whole thing because time was lapsing.

They definitely made a point of her only listing off certain names. By showing time lapsing, they could have had her say different names throughout the periods of the day.

wildfire

Banned
Its not the same thing at all. You have a case of someone allegedly murdering slaves and you have a case of someone admitting to directly disregarding a decree for someone to stand trial and committing murder.

You are technically right and I agree as someone who lives in modern times but try looking at this from the perspective of the former slave masses.

Their representative on the council was swiftly executed.

Dany by doing that is drawing more comparisons with herself to the former slave masters with that action.

Hopefully they understand why she did it but it is very unlikely they will fully understand what their rep did wrong. A trial would've given Dany the breathing room to explain the situation better to her citizens even if it would be inefficient.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You are technically right and I agree as someone who lives in modern times but try looking at this from the perspective of the former slave masses.

Their representative on the council was swiftly executed.

Dany by doing that is drawing more comparisons with herself to the former slave masters with that action.

Hopefully they understand why she did it but it is very unlikely they will fully understand what their rep did wrong. A trial would've given Dany the breathing room to explain the situation better to her citizens even if it would be inefficient.

Vanishment should have been preferable. But no, Danny being Danny and showing the unwashed masses that she doesn't have a gentle heart was the only natural option for her. Because she's a witless brat.

Khaz

My reaction when they arrived at Braavos' titan

kf7yn.gif

Don't look up, Aria!

Khaz

Dany missed the opportunity to explain her actions with a big speech. She will be hated now even though she did the right thing.

I also love how Cersai ~somewhat fucked him over with an ugly wife and no actual claim to a castle (not that that would have stopped him)

iirc he already knew she was second in claim and not the prettiest, he talked about all that while Tyrion was in jail, explaining why he wouldn't be his champion. He explained it wasn't bothering him as, well, accidents happen.

Dany missed the opportunity to explain her actions with a big speech. She will be hated now even though she did the right thing.

iirc he already knew she was second in claim and not the prettiest, he talked about all that while Tyrion was in jail, explaining why he wouldn't be his champion. He explained it wasn't bothering him as, well, accidents happen.

I knew the 2nd in line part, but not the fugly part.

Ridli

I get frustrated w Dany, but I'm sure she's not being done any favors with her pacing. She had S1 khaleesi, s2 where's my dragons, and then s3, s4, and now s5 of breaker of chains. Meanwhile other characters have been doing new things fairly consistently.

Vashetti

Banned
I get frustrated w Dany, but I'm sure she's not being done any favors with her pacing. She had S1 khaleesi, s2 where's my dragons, and then s3, s4, and now s5 of breaker of chains. Meanwhile other characters have been doing new things fairly consistently.

It's pretty clear she's endgame material, they can only move her so far along because it has to match up with what all the other characters are doing.

We're not waiting for her, we're waiting for everyone else to get into place.

It's pretty clear she's endgame material, they can only move her so far along because it has to match up with what all the other characters are doing.

We're not waiting for her, we're waiting for everyone else to get into place.

Then why not do what they're doing with Bran by removing him from a whole season? Even if they just spent 20 minutes over two episode on her they'd remove the need to show her in every single episode.

That's what gets me, I don't hate her like so many people and I do enjoy her story but I don't enjoy the way it's being presented to us because it feels like it's hardly progressed over the past 12 episodes.

this_guy

Pretty sure it was kingsguard member Meryn Trant (who got on the list for killing Syrio Forel)

Syrio wasn't killed on screen, so I'm still hoping he appears in Bravos (he was first sword of Bravos). Also, the Hound laughed at Arya because the greatest swordsman in the world supposedly died at the hands of Meryn Trant (he also laughed even harder when the greatest swordsman in the world didn't have a sword, and that cracked me up too).

Vashetti

Banned
Then why not do what they're doing with Bran by removing him from a whole season? Even if they just spent 20 minutes over two episode on her they'd remove the need to show her in every single episode.

That's what gets me, I don't hate her like so many people and I do enjoy her story but I don't enjoy the way it's being presented to us because it feels like it's hardly progressed over the past 12 episodes.

I guess they feel they would lose viewers if "Khaleesi" isn't on screen? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Syrio wasn't killed on screen, so I'm still hoping he appears in Bravos (he was first sword of Bravos). Also, the Hound laughed at Arya because the greatest swordsman in the world supposedly died at the hands of Meryn Trant (he also laughed even harder when the greatest swordsman in the world didn't have a sword, and that cracked me up too).

Syrio is DEAD. Give it up. That was the point of what the Hound said to her, another harsh life lesson. He could have been the best swordsman in the world, but he was unarmoured and essentially weaponless, against a Kingsguard in armour with an actual sword.

He's DEAD.

Klyka

Banned

She's too popular not to be shown.

So watched it now. Glad that Jaqen is back.

Why did the chair of the King of Dorne had wheels ? Is he a cripple ?

For a moment I thought, the stone will hit Daenerys. And I wanted it so bad. Get your shit together.

Vashetti

Banned
So watched it now. Glad that Jaqen is back.

Why did the chair of the King of Dorne had wheels ? Is he a cripple ?

For a moment I thought, the stone will hit Daenerys. And I wanted it so bad. Get your shit together.

Did you miss S4 episode 2 where Tywin and Cersei converse with Oberyn and Ellaria, and they speak about Doran? He has gout.

Video here, skip to 1:27 for the specific part.

The day Dany and her armies step foot on a boat, I will break into my happy dance.

Seriously, Danny and her dragons are alright but the rest of the cast in that place is terrible. I don't care about worm, or that old guy. Bring back lord friendzone, so we can have at least some ties to westeros.

UrbanRats

Ep2 was a bit more fun than the premiere, but it seems like ep3, is where shit will start happening.
Looking forward to next week.

Also yeah, where the fuck is Jorah Fedora? He was the one guy saving that whole side of the plot from utter boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom