• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Dire wolves :(

I think it's telling that Sansa's wolf Lady was killed off really quickly, as though her "Stark-iness" died then too, as she was going to marry into the Lannisters (which she did eventually, but that marriage doesn't count really).

She needs to find her heritage again.

Loakum

Banned
I think it's telling that Sansa's wolf Lady was killed off really quickly, as though her "Stark-iness" died then too, as she was going to marry into the Lannisters (which she did eventually, but that marriage doesn't count really).

She needs to find her heritage again.

I don't know, I sort of dig Dark Sansa. ^_^

xi2Q1WU.gif

Vashetti

Banned
I don't know, I sort of dig Dark Sansa. ^_^

xi2Q1WU.gif

Oh I love it too, but surely she has to learn at some point that Littlefinger is the architect behind the downfall of her family?

At the moment she's just 'Sansa'. She needs to become Sansa STARK, again.

I kinda hope Sansa turns "bad". Not in an "I'm pretending to be bad because that's how you stay alive" way but "I was foolish before and now I'm finally having fun".

Vashetti

Banned
At the heart of it all, I'm still rooting for the Stark kids above everyone else. Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran (and Rickon).

We're due some proper vengeance at this point.

I kinda hope Sansa turns "bad". Not in an "I'm pretending to be bad because that's how you stay alive" way but "I was foolish before and now I'm finally having fun".

Sansa needs to start becoming a player in the Game of Thrones. She is the "last" surviving Stark according to most people and the North always remembers. She can do something, I know don't what exactly though.

Sansa needs to start becoming a player in the Game of Thrones. She is the "last" surviving Stark according to most people and the North always remembers. She can do something, I know don't what exactly though.

She's definitely a piece in the North now that Jon declined Stannis. Sick as Baelish is, I kind of hope Sansa continues to warm up to him.

studyguy

Littlefinger has shown some weakness in regards to Cat. He seems to have a similar thing going for Sansa. I would imagine that even if some of the Stark women ultimately fell to his plots, Sansa could very well trip him up through scheming in that blind spot. I'd probably bet money that she's going to be his downfall.

I'd be down to see her do more than simper on the sidelines.

Littlefinger's game is so high stakes that Sansa could probably just trip him up a little bit at just the right time (she knows how to bide her time, if nothing else) and it would be enough to foil everything.

Loakum

Banned

I agree. I also think she is becoming (or became) a different person, instead of just learning how to "play the game." In fact, I say Arya and Sansa are no longer the Stark girls we once knew.

studyguy

I've always assumed at some point one of the Starks left is going to end up going to war against another. Not in the misguided, if only they had all the info sense but in the full on as in two of them no longer see eye to eye. Sansa seems like the type who could possibly end up that way.

I agree. I also think she is becoming (or became) a different person, instead of just learning how to "play the game." In fact, I say Arya and Sansa are no longer the Stark girls we once knew.

Sansa is absolutely nothing like her former self. She was at a point insufferable with how whiny and naive she was. Sure, she had her reasons to moan about but man it was getting to me.

Arya in my opinion is very similar to her younger self, just smarter and matured.

studyguy

Sansa is absolutely nothing like her former self. She was at a point insufferable with how whiny and naive she was. Sure, she had her reasons to be moan about but man it was getting to me.

Arya in my opinion is very similar to her younger self, just smarter and matured.

Still eating (or trying) to eat those pigeons though.

*pop* looks like she sort of knocked the head off rather than slice it lol

Sansa is absolutely nothing like her former self. She was at a point insufferable with how whiny and naive she was. Sure, she had her reasons to moan about but man it was getting to me.

Yup. Sansa is a different person, but she's still entirely along for the ride. I want her to take interest and delight in schemes like all the other players.

Still eating (or trying) to eat those pigeons though.

*pop* looks like she sort of knocked the head off rather than slice it lol

LOL girls gotta eat something!

Yup. Sansa is a different person, but she's still entirely along for the ride. I want her to take interest and delight in schemes like all the other players.

We've seen a bit of self confidence last season when she lied about her Aunt. Also last night she stood her ground against Brienne.

She's definitely still along for the ride but I think she knows she's not ready to be a major player yet, so she's sitting back and learning while being far more aggressive than she ever was.

Loakum

Banned

I mostly agree, but I say Arya enjoys killing now. The old Stark Arya was just a tomboy, who loved fighting. For instance, in season 1 when Arya had Prince Joffrey on the ground she didn't kill him. She just tossed his sword in the lake. The new Arya would had killed Joffrey without hesitation.

Vashetti

Banned
We've seen a bit of self confidence last season when she lied about her Aunt. Also last night she stood her ground against Brienne.

She's definitely still along for the ride but I think she knows she's not ready to be a major player yet, so she's sitting back and learning while being far more aggressive than she ever was.

She was brimming with confidence in the scene in the carriage last ep with Littlefinger, calling him out on whether he trusts the carriage driver and the knights protecting them.

I mostly agree, but I say Arya enjoys killing now. The old Stark Arya was just a tomboy, who loved fighting. For instance, in season 1 when Arya had Prince Joffrey on the ground she didn't kill him. She just tossed his sword in the lake. The new Arya would had killed Joffrey without hesitation.

You're absolutely right. Shes going to make for an awesome assassin, can't wait. Although, I wonder how much of Arya we'll actually see once she becomes a nobody.

Stantron

When Ellaria Sand leaves from visiting Doran Martell, the King of Dorn, it looks like the guard gestures to his spear's blade. Then Doran shakes his head. I can't tell if he is just frustrated with Ellaria, or if that was a way of telling the guard no need for that right now. Probably the former.

Anyone else think the people that Dany liberated chanting "Mysa" sounds kinda pathetic? I know they're former slaves, but it just seems a little too dronish.

Josh5890

Maybe I'm over analyzing this way too much but hear me out. In season 1, Ned Stark killed a man who broke the law by beheading him. Ned died later that season. In season 3, Rob Stark killed a man who disobeyed him by beheading him. Red wedding. In season 5, Dany killed a man who disobeyed her by beheading him. Coincidence?

Vashetti

Banned
Maybe I'm over analyzing this way too much but hear me out. In season 1, Ned Stark killed a man who broke the law by beheading him. Ned died later that season. In season 3, Rob Stark killed a man who disobeyed him by beheading him. Red wedding. In season 5, Dany killed a man who disobeyed her by beheading him. Coincidence?

You missed Theon beheading Ser Rodrik in S2, which lead to a horrible chain of events.

winterfell.png

"Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy. Now you are truly lost."

The hissing scene at the end was cheesy as fuck.

My girl D needs to just start burning and pillaging all in her path.

Become the mad queen she was born to be

cormack12

Gold Member
Sansa's storyline has been the weakest by far. I also don't like the actress portraying her. Everything is just wrong. If there is one casting mistake in this show, it is her.

Daenerys' storyline has stagnated in Meereen. I think she is 'learning' the game of thrones and Varys/Tyrion will be invaluable to her. I think the dragons are a metaphor at the moment. She's basically called breaker of chains but has chained two of her dragons up. Because when everyone and everything is free, you sacrifice control and have to take the bad with the good. Meereen was an unhappy place, but there was dictated order. Now, she is staring straight down the barrel of civil unrest. Drogon's appearance foreshadows a change in how Khaleesi rules I think.

Arya's storyline is quite good, but I think we deserve some payoff now. The scenes with Syriio were lamentably short and we've never really been satiated with seeing Arya really develop her skills. There have been a couple of scenes that illustrate her growing confidence and ruthlessness but there are massive gaps there. Hopefully this season we will see some decent stuff in the house of black and white.

Jon, hmmmmm - didn't really want him as Lord Commander. It sort of marginalises his storyline somewhat, would have preferred him to side with Stannis. I think he will now defend the wall, with the wildlings from the Wights and eventually gain the title 'King in the North', which will stretch from Winterfell all the way beyond the wall, possibly to where Bran will preside.

The Sand snakes look ruthless - have a feeling I'm gonna like these chicks :)

Absolutely made up Bronn is back in it. Can't wait to see him and Jaime unite and go on some mad adventures, clashing swords.

I don't trust Daario.

Loakum

Banned

Butterfly Effect. Choice made set things into motion. I do see a bit of a pattern, thou. Perhaps they should just burn folks alive instead of beheading them. lol

Vashetti

Banned
Sansa's storyline has been the weakest by far. I also don't like the actress portraying her. Everything is just wrong. If there is one casting mistake in this show, it is her.

Daenerys' storyline has stagnated in Meereen. I think she is 'learning' the game of thrones and Varys/Tyrion will be invaluable to her. I think the dragons are a metaphor at the moment. She's basically called breaker of chains but has chained two of her dragons up. Because when everyone and everything is free, you sacrifice control and have to take the bad with the good. Meereen was an unhappy place, but there was dictated order. Now, she is staring straight down the barrel of civil unrest. Drogon's appearance foreshadows a change in how Khaleesi rules I think.

Arya's storyline is quite good, but I think we deserve some payoff now. The scenes with Syriio were lamentably short and we've never really been satiated with seeing Arya really develop her skills. There have been a couple of scenes that illustrate her growing confidence and ruthlessness but there are massive gaps there. Hopefully this season we will see some decent stuff in the house of black and white.

Jon, hmmmmm - didn't really want him as Lord Commander. It sort of marginalises his storyline somewhat, would have preferred him to side with Stannis. I think he will now defend the wall, with the wildlings from the Wights and eventually gain the title 'King in the North', which will stretch from Winterfell all the way beyond the wall, possibly to where Bran will preside.

The Sand snakes look ruthless - have a feeling I'm gonna like these chicks :)

Absolutely made up Bronn is back in it. Can't wait to see him and Jaime unite and go on some mad adventures, clashing swords.

I don't trust Daario.

post-44145-Sansa-Slaps-Robin--Talk-Shit-G-JEAQ.gif

I think I must be the only one that doesn't like Arya. She likes she is hot shit but she sucks, she can fight at all. Can't wait for her to stop being Arya Stark and turns into a more interesting character.

The hissing scene at the end was cheesy as fuck.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so, this show hasn't had a lot of cheesy moments but that one was bad. The Children from last season was cheesy as hell, felt like B rated 80s fantasy. The guitar squealing while Manse was burning was pretty bad.

Definitely have that lost look

SxnpskS.gif

Season 2 Theon is still one of my favorite parts of the entire series so far. I know most people think Theon is just an asshole that betrayed Robb/Winterfell but the personal struggle he went through in season 2 (and after) really endeared him to me. It's a shame he doesn't appear in episodes as much anymore but I hope there's some more focus on him in the future.

Loakum

Banned
Season 2 Theon is still one of my favorite parts of the entire series so far. I know most people think Theon is just an asshole that betrayed Robb/Winterfell but the personal struggle he went through in season 2 (and after) really endeared him to me. It's a shame he doesn't appear in episodes as much anymore but I hope there's some more focus on him in the future.

Theon/Reek is clearly Game of Thrones version of Smegol/Gollum.

Agreed, his story to me is one of the more tragic ones. I hope we get to see more of him as well and I'd like to seem him get redemption at some point.

I think he's also one of the better actors on the show. He's gone through so much, as much if not more than a lot of other main characters and through the highs and lows his acting has been ridiculously convincing.

Edit: lol Smegol/Gollum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom