• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummitAve

Banned
I think the "nothing happened" reactions are due to the pacing of individual story lines. I would like it to be more focused instead of jumping between a bunch of different characters where only a snippet of story can be delivered.

Road

Man, what a disappointment these first two episodes have been: slowest beginning of a season ever, i do hope something relevant happens in the third episode.

I'm feeling the same. But I don't think anything will happen anytime soon. I'm thinking this season won't go anywhere with the bigger picture. I'm guessing it will wrap up these three storylines by ep 10: Bolton x Stannis, Lannister x Dorne, Kahleesy x Mereen.

The first one should be done in a couple of episodes; the second shouldn't even exist (I couldn't care less about that feud); the last one has already been dragging for three seasons.

Still praying I'm wrong and all that is resolved by episode 5.

In all reality the Lannister power is basically .... gone ... at this point isn't it?

The king is a mere child. The Queen is just queen-mother and the only real power she has is her stern looks at this point. Joffrey is dead. Jamie is a one armed commander of the kings guard who will now be gone for awhile. Tywin is gone. Tyrion is gone from the capitol. So really its just Cersei and her son, the king.

Looks like the Martells will be the house with all the influence soon if this continues. I have no sympathy for the Lannister family thats for sure. They deserve to be outed of Kings Landing with barely anything left.

this_guy

This bit annoyed me the most. It was so god damn random and pointless.

Why doesn't she get let in in the first time? What was the point of the passing of time while she waited rattling off her list. Oh no she has to fend for herself now, what is she to do? Lol JK the faceless man was just playing with her, she can go now.

We basically have to wait at least until the 3rd episode before we see Arya's story progress. At the conclusion of season 4 her story was the one I was most excited about, and yet I'm still waiting for it to progress at least a little bit.

In all reality the Lannister power is basically .... gone ... at this point isn't it?

The king is a mere child. The Queen is just queen-mother and the only real power she has is her stern looks at this point. Joffrey is dead. Jamie is a one armed commander of the kings guard who will now be gone for awhile. Tywin is gone. Tyrion is gone from the capitol. So really its just Cersei and her son, the king.

Looks like the Martells will be the house with all the influence soon if this continues. I have no sympathy for the Lannister family thats for sure. They deserve to be outed of Kings Landing with barely anything left.

Wouldn't be so bad if that were to happen! Tommen actually seems somewhat compassionate and humble (in that he understands he has a lot to learn)...with Cersei out of the way and the Martells in his ear, he'd be in good shape. They have the right balance of sensibility/compassion and political savvy/ruthlessness.

I think the fact the king is still a child is the only thing in their favour at the moment. It means Cersei can exercise his power until he comes of age, once he's married to Margery it will basically become the Tyrells in charge. (You meant Tyrells rather than Martells right?)

I think the fact the king is still a child is the only thing in their favour at the moment. It means Cersei can exercise his power until he comes of age, once he's married to Margery it will basically become the Tyrells in charge. (You meant Tyrells rather than Martells right?)

Yeah Tyrells sorry lol

Wouldn't be so bad if that were to happen! Tommen actually seems somewhat compassionate and humble (in that he understands he has a lot to learn)...with Cersei out of the way and the Martells in his ear, he'd be in good shape. They have the right balance of sensibility/compassion and political savvy/ruthlessness.

Yeah it looks like Tommen is a massive improvement from Joffrey thats for sure. Atleast so far. In reality though he shouldn't be king, Cersei isn't the queen anymore, Joffrey shouldn't of been king, etc. etc. I knew that lannister kid was feeding the wine to the King on purpose to get him drunk, but did this latest episode insinuate that there was actually something in the Wine? That conversation he had with Cersei made it seem that way.

this_guy

Just finished season 1 after it went on sale for $20.
Trying not to spend cash on season 2 but its hard lol. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy season 2?

I've been buying ultraviolet movie codes for cheap on the cheapassgamer forums. I've also purchased all 4 seasons of Game of Thrones for Google Play on the same forum, which I cast to my chromecast to watch on the big screen. I have HBO through Sling TV so I already have access to all of the past seasons, but I still added the series to my collection just because it was cheap.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...-trade-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/

BraXzy

Emilia Clarke's body double sure is a looker! I wonder what she actually needs a body double for though, since everything she does is just talking/looking at her dragons.

e8R6l2j.jpg

88dadf173347706ad66bad88f343e6a0.png

Volimar

Wow. She looks amazing in the first pic and slightly bored in the second.

Now that I think about it, her face and eyes kind of remind me of the "real Barbie" girl.

Purkake4

Banned
Emilia Clarke's body double sure is a looker! I wonder what she actually needs a body double for though, since everything she does is just talking/looking at her dragons.
But can she pull of that eyebrow stuff? Is there an eyebrow double for that?

They're also out of money as well, which is another huge issue.

Wow, she's stunning. I wonder if the body double is for nude scenes, I remember reading a post here last season where someone mentioned that Emilia wouldn't be doing any more nude scenes now that she's "established" or something along those lines.

I was surprised at this revelation. Tywin always seemed savvy enough to have other business ventures going on. I pictured him as more of an entrepreneur than someone whose family lucked into a large gold mine.

I suspect Littlefinger getting access to the books without much oversight from Robert had more to do with it than anything. Tywin managed to run a surplus for the crown's finances while he was Aerys's Hand, even after Aerys went completely insane. Robert being a shitty king would've given Petyr the perfect cover to bankrupt the realm on purpose.

I suspect Littlefinger getting access to the books without much oversight from Robert had more to do with it than anything. Tywin managed to run a surplus for the crown's finances while he was Aerys's Hand, even after Aerys went completely insane. Robert being a shitty king would've given Petyr the perfect cover to bankrupt the realm on purpose.

That's true, but it's not like Petyr could control when the mine would run out.

That's true, but it's not like Petyr could control when the mine would run out.

He could control how fast they needed to dip into it though--both because a lot of the Crown's debts were held by Tywin and because of the war he helped start.

It does, of course, make you wonder why Tywin never bothered to press Littlefinger on it in the first place. Robert hated the Lannisters and bitterly resented relying on them for coin, so the fact that he still borrowed millions from them anyway should've been a red flag. Especially if the mines had already stated going dry before the series even started.

And really, how on Earth would news that the entire Westerlands have gone dry for years not have gotten out at this point? That's the only reason anyone wanted anything to do with them.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I re-watched episode 2 again last night, and I had missed it the first time, but this note:

was sent as a reply to "King" Stannis by a fucking 10 year old.

hqCB25U.gif

Eat shit you fucking cunt.

munchie64

I re-watched episode 2 again last night, and I had missed it the first time, but this note:

hqCB25U.gif

By the people of Jorah and Lord Commander Mormont right? Those guys are badass.

This season has not been as gripping as last for me? I still am enjoying it though. Love the little nuances, really.

I am actually happy that Jaime is getting Bronn to do something. Cuz otherwise I feel we might not see much of Bronn if at all.

Bronn is love :D

....uh, other than that, still samey reactions for me.... night watch brothers is more interesting than last season, except sam and gilly is still borefest. I like how Stannis is moving about more. Margaery is fun :D

Dany is slipping....zzzzz

Arya's arc is a bit too predictable. I wants Tyrion to also return to formmmmm

AND FINALLY, I MISS GHOST OMG I WANTS TO SSEEEEE GHOSTTT PLS PLS

kidko

I'm going to be highly upset if The Kingslayer gets Ser Bronn of The Blackwater killed with his stupid fucking plan and promise of riches. Jaime's history on this show is basically just one impulsive fuck-up after another and this looks like one more. You're telling me one and a half men are going to travel the long road to Dorne, make their way through Sun Spear unnoticed, break into the royal quarter undetected, magically find Myrcella's room, and get her out of the city without drawing more resistance than one and a half men could handle? Not happening. And this of course assumes Myrcella would want to give up the Water Gardens and young Oberyns for the shit smell of King's Landing. On top of it all Tywin's no longer around to save his ass if/when he gets caught. Shit plan. Stay safe Bronn.

While I was super pumped to see Bronn back on screen, ^^ this ^^ totally.

Not to mention... Does Myrcella even know about her true dad?!

hqCB25U.gif

It doesn't make any sense. Even Ned recognised Stannis' right to the throne. Mannis recognises the North, he wants a Stark back in Winterfell. He's the only one attempting to right the wrongs of the Lannisters and Boltons at this point.

Telling Stannis to go fuck himself just prolongs the conflict and serves who exactly?

BraXzy

Thinking about it.. It's crazy how much power the Lannisters lost during last season. They no longer have Tyrions mind helping to sort things behind the scenes, they no longer have the respect and fear from Tywin, the brutal king is gone replaced with an even younger child and now Jamie has set off possibly to never return.

Heck, it's mad to think that the two powers from the beginning, the Starks in the North and the Baratheons (Lannisters) in the south are now just shells of their former selves.

Thinking about it.. It's crazy how much power the Lannisters lost during last season. They no longer have Tyrions mind helping to sort things behind the scenes, they no longer have the respect and fear from Tywin, the brutal king is gone replaced with an even younger child and now Jamie has set off possibly to never return.

Heck, it's mad to think that the two powers from the beginning, the Starks in the North and the Baratheons (Lannisters) in the south are now just shells of their former selves.

My dream of an all-out epic war between the Starks and the Lannisters died in like second season. Then I was wishing for Lannisters vs Dragon Mama. Well....

I guess everyone crumbles from the inside out is GRRM schtick.

#teamlilfinger

BraXzy

My dream of an all-out epic war between the Starks and the Lannisters died in like second season. Then I was wishing for Lannisters vs Dragon Mama. Well....

I guess everyone crumbles from the inside out is GRRM schtick.

#teamlilfinger

The GRRM schtick of everyone loses, no one wins has got pretty tiresome for me at this point. It did last season too but I forgot about it. Off the top of my head I can't think of any events that happen that were positive for someone, even temporarily. Everyone dies, or loses their family, or their land.. Bah.

I want to get into this season but I'm not feeling it at all atm :(

The GRRM schtick of everyone loses, no one wins has got pretty tiresome for me at this point. It did last season too but I forgot about it. Off the top of my head I can't think of any events that happen that were positive for someone, even temporarily. Everyone dies, or loses their family, or their land.. Bah.

Awwww... I think there were good moments ... just tiny, and far and few in between. The Night Watch's defense was pretty fab. They defended the wall and Stannis came in at the end and stuff :)

.... And uh, little battles? Like how Brienne survived the bear in the arena?

And Arya claiming her revenge for one of her friends that died.... She stabbity lil lady.

But yeah, they are not as HUGE as the epic deaths, I guess.... Red Wedding was super intense. Purple Wedding was such a terrific season opener. And the Mountain vs the Viper.... im still D: about it when I remember it.... haha

But still, there were some nice uplifting moments. Just yeah... smaller in scale. And fewer.

People win all the time, it just depends who you want to win. :p

On a grander scale, I don't even think it's possible to "win" in this universe...just temporary satisfaction.

Unless you're Ramsay. That bastard (literally) seems to be winning at everything right now.
tumblr_mrlob5Tr7q1se9fcoo1_500.gif

On a grander scale, I don't even think it's possible to "win" in this universe...just temporary satisfaction.

Unless you're Ramsay. That bastard (literally) seems to be winning at everything right now.

Heck Yeah, recognized Bolton and pretty much became a Prince by being a merciless torturer.

BraXzy

Awwww... I think there were good moments ... just tiny, and far and few in between. The Night Watch's defense was pretty fab. They defended the wall and Stannis came in at the end and stuff :)

.... And uh, little battles? Like how Brienne survived the bear in the arena?

And Arya claiming her revenge for one of her friends that died.... She stabbity lil lady.

But yeah, they are not as HUGE as the epic deaths, I guess.... Red Wedding was super intense. Purple Wedding was such a terrific season opener. And the Mountain vs the Viper.... im still D: about it when I remember it.... haha

Yeah true I suppose there are the odd little payoffs that are easy to forget, thanks for reminding me :)

God I hope Arya becomes badass soon and starts to kick some ass, that'd make me happy :D

There are good moments. Things are going swell for the Boltons, for example, and Littlefinger seems to be okay with how things are unraveling.

I despise the Boltons, not just because what they've done but also because the actors that play them play them so damn well. Slimy people!

I want to like Littlefinger, in that sneaky mastermind you admire but he hasn't really done much recently.

Just lots of accent adjustments.

That GIF never ceases to make me laugh and shiver a little at the same time.

I despise the Boltons, not just because what they've done but also because the actors that play them play them so damn well. Slimy people!

I want to like Littlefinger, in that sneaky mastermind you admire but he hasn't really done much recently.

Just lots of accent adjustments.

Ah, I like Ramsay, but I'm a borderline sociopath. Aiden Gillan's accent for Baelish is definitely distracting, but I enjoy the character enough to forgive it. It's a lesser evil than the character being outright recast or the monumental puberty that Bran's gone through.

munchie64

Yeah true I suppose there are the odd little payoffs that are easy to forget, thanks for reminding me :)

God I hope Arya becomes badass soon and starts to kick some ass, that'd make me happy :D
Arya's gonna be a faceless ninja. Although in theory she wouldn't be Arya any more.

Lothar

Banned

What about Hot Pie?

Nameless

Doran Martell is the big winner right now. While his enemies destroy themselves and their country dude's chilling in the Water Gardens, sipping Dornish wine , listening to Fiona Apple. He only concerns himself with problems that reach his door, and even then he has a gigantic bodyguard wielding a bad ass ax-spear to deal with those. Of course he wasn't trying to hear Ellaria's BS about mutilating children; the man just wants to rest his gout and enjoy paradise.

Ah, I like Ramsay, but I'm a borderline sociopath. Aiden Gillan's accent for Baelish is definitely distracting, but I enjoy the character enough to forgive it. It's a lesser evil than the character being outright recast or the monumental puberty that Bran's gone through.

wahaaaaa

i love ramsay too :D

but then again i love the crazy ones :D

BraXzy, my hopes for a bad-ass Arya sort of flag at the moment, due to the fact as discussed above. Seems like to be on the #winning side, you gotta be as villainous as Ramsay. The good guys are often floundering in ASOIAF :x

Even mama dragon is slippin

And Tyrion is drowning in liquor

As soon as Jaime became a good guy, he lost a hand! (lol)

Only Jon seems to be rewarded for being a good guy at this stage.... :x

So. I've started to root for the baddies. It's ... more victory on this side XD;;;;

I think Ramsay is a great character. We need him around now more than ever with Joffrey dead, as much as I root for the good guys I love the evil characters just as much.

People have been saying that for a few seasons now about Petyr's accent, it doesn't bother me one bit, what is it that distracts you, or anyone else reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom