• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

lmao, incredible

Anyone think Sansa is going to reverse-Red Wedding the Boltons? That line, welcome home Lady Stark, the North Remembers was chilling. I feel like too many plotlines in my head wrap nicely, so that should mean some of my favorite characters will die some absolutely horrible deaths soon enough....

I'd love for her to be Wardeness of the North.

I'd love for this to happen. Position northerners in key positions and then spring the trap.

Anyone think Sansa is going to reverse-Red Wedding the Boltons? That line, welcome home Lady Stark, the North Remembers was chilling. I feel like too many plotlines in my head wrap nicely, so that should mean some of my favorite characters will die some absolutely horrible deaths soon enough....

I'd love for her to be Wardeness of the North.

I think there will definitely be some major revenge for Starks, but there are still 5 of them left if you include Jon and Rickon, so you know at least one, if not three of them will die by the time the show is over.

nubbe

Littlefinger is lord of the vale now, in practice
so he's going to instrument the demise of the Bolton's so his own puppet takes winterfell

Prine

Banned
HOLY SHIT just watch ep3, that was the kindest episode to the Starks for a LONG while, i almost cried when Sansa entered Winterfell, and the old maid said 'Welcome back, Lady Stark. The north remembers". No joke, i almost teared up. And then Jon Snow following the lesson taught by his father, just like Rob before him, god damn amazing. So much focus on them im loving season 5 so far.

I cannot stand Bolton, the North remembers as do i, fuck him and his son. But, i know whatever happens, the Starks will be dealt another blow :( I feel its going to hurt deep this season.

Nikodemos

The Mountain. It's pretty obvious from the last episode of season 4 that something's going on with him.
Kyburn/Qyburn (what's the correct spelling?) probably replaced/diluted his blood with an alchemic concoction, like Innistrad stitchers/skaberen did to their skaabs in Magic: The Gathering.

Love the plot focus on winterfell this season. Roose, Ramsay, Theon, Sansa, Littlefinger, Brienne, Pod, Stannis, Davos, Melisandre, (Jon?). All at Winterfell or on their way.

All it needs is Rickon to show up aftrr his 2 years warrior training at wherever he went, was it the Last Hearth?

I'm sure this season is going to focus on Danneyris. Once the dwarf gets in there, prepare to never leave the dessert.

Also what are the chances of Tyrion becoming dragon chow?

munchie64

I'd definitely say this is the Season of the North. You of course have the Wall plot, but also the gang in Winterfell and both Stannis and Brianne heading in that direction. Winter is coming and it'll hit the North first.

HOLY SHIT just watch ep3, that was the kindest episode to the Starks for a LONG while, i almost cried when Sansa entered Winterfell, and the old maid said 'Welcome back, Lady Stark. The north remembers". No joke, i almost teared up. And then Jon Snow following the lesson taught by his father, just like Rob before him, god damn amazing. So much focus on them im loving season 5 so far.

I cannot stand Bolton, the North remembers as do i, fuck him and his son. But, i know whatever happens, the Starks will be dealt another blow :( I feel its going to hurt deep this season.

mmh I don't think they were in winterfell

TheContact

I slowly feel like Theon is peering through Reek sometimes, especially during the flayed bodies scene that reminded him of the boys that hung in Winterfell

Cimarron

Isn't Sansa's claim on Winterfell supercede by Bran and Rickon? I Assume Bran is going to pass up his inheritance to be an uber-druid but Rickon is the True heir to Winterfell.

KorrZ

Isn't Sansa's claim on Winterfell supercede by Bran and Rickon? I Assume Bran is going to pass up his inheritance to be an uber-druid but Rickon is the True heir to Winterfell.

No one knows that they are alive, same with Arya. As such, many people believe that Sansa is the last remaining Stark.

Damn I feel bad for my gaf GoT brothas and sistas. It sounds like it was a pretty big and intentional spoiler by the sounds of it. Hope he gets Slint'd without mercy. Did they write account suicide before spoiling? Jeez, what a twat...

Come here.
tumblr_mdvtb0rrJQ1qbvjvno1_250.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't know if I've just missed this show and was starved for it, but this season seems really good to me so far. I'm enjoying the episodes more so than the last season so far. Hopefully they keep the momentum going.

Apt101

I'd be shocked if Little Finger doesn't end up placing Sansa on the throne, while Snow and Dany meet horrible ends after seemingly being poised to succeed. Little Finger is literally the bastard this twisted world needs to maintain order. No happy ending, just a pragmatic one.

And Stannis is just a plot device waiting to die.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

They would be if anyone knew they were alive, and Rickon is still in hiding.
The north would not let the Boltons stay in charge if they knew they were still alive.

Flandy

I used to believe in happiness until I met the Starks

Damn I feel bad for my gaf GoT brothas and sistas. It sounds like it was a pretty big and intentional spoiler by the sounds of it. Hope he gets Slint'd without mercy. Did they write account suicide before spoiling? Jeez, what a twat...

Come here.

Phew dodged a bullet there then. We have book reading mods here patrolling the thread for spoilers?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Phew dodged a bullet there then. We have book reading mods here patrolling the thread for spoilers?

Yes, but they're not here 24 hours a day, so it's easy for trolls to just spoil shit, even it's only for 20 mins.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

As others have said most presume they're dead. Plus Sansa is symbolically an iconic of the North's leadership, most very loyal to the Starks. Sansa would be, as they've said, putting a Stark back in Winterfell. And the name would give her a lot of sway.

EDIT: Man, another drop from Ep2 -> Ep3 in viewer count.

Flandy

As others have said most presume they're dead. Plus Sansa is symbolically an iconic of the North's leadership, most very loyal to the Starks. Sansa would be, as they've said, putting a Stark back in Winterfell. And the name would give her a lot of sway.

EDIT: Man, another drop from Ep2 -> Ep3 in viewer count.

Don't view counts normally drop on each episode until the finale? Where'd you see the numbers anyway?

Yonafunu

Yes, but they're not here 24 hours a day, so it's easy for trolls to just spoil shit, even it's only for 20 mins.

I reported it as soon as I could, but unfortunately a few people still got spoiled. Sorry guys, I'll be quicker next time! Hopefully that time never comes, of course.

We'll be keeping an eye out, as always.

*retreats into the shadows*

I'd be shocked if Little Finger doesn't end up placing Sansa on the throne, while Snow and Dany meet horrible ends after seemingly being poised to succeed. Little Finger is literally the bastard this twisted world needs to maintain order. No happy ending, just a pragmatic one.

And Stannis is just a plot device waiting to die.

I just feel like at some point Martin is going to get tired of people automatically assuming the opposite/worst thing happening and actually turn things around in a more positive manner. Maybe?

I dunno. This series worked so well when deaths were shocking- but now the joke is "lol every good guy dies!", so it seems expected.

All I know is that I hope the end series monologue comes from Varys, having, in his way, 'won' the Game of Thrones and there is a sense of hope for the future of the realm. That would be fulfilling to me, based on who Varys is and what he represents.

Come here.
Yeah, I saw it while browsing before my final this morning (guess that was punishment for not studying instead). It stinks but I'm practically numb to spoilers at this point.

Anyway, four more days!
A4N9BELRdduoM.gif

Vashetti

Banned
lol, I forgot about the leak.

I bet view ship numbers are strongly related to the leak.

Almost definitely.

People legitimately watched the first episode, and then became informed by various news outlets that they could then watch the next 3 episodes by going online and just downloading them.

Going by some of the 'slow' comments in here, it wouldn't surprise me if several viewers have just switched off too :/

Valus

Where has Ghost been this season? Surprised that we haven't seen him at all, considering the screen time Jon has had thus far.

Personally I can't wait to see what happens in the North and with Dany this season.

Vashetti

Banned
Where has Ghost been this season? Surprised that we haven't seen him at all, considering the screen time Jon has had thus far.

Personally I can't wait to see what happens in the North and with Dany this season.

He was literally in the first scene of the Wall this season.

Razmos

I'm pretty sure Sansa will get revenge for the Stark's this season.

I doubt they would put Sansa in yet another abusive relationship and have her being a whipping post, especially with how her character has changed.

It's gonna be amazing, I just know it.

You didn't see him going to town on that giants bone in the first scene in EP 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom