• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's possible The Hound was just a vehicle to get Arya to Bravos... teaching her important lessons along the way about the realities of life, about fighting, and maybe most importantly, saving her from the red wedding.
That's my interpretation as well. Certainly I don't think that the Hound was going to directly do any good for the Lord of light.

Jarnet87

I liked the fight. Sucks to see Barristan go but he went out fighting. I think part of the show (and maybe the books) is that we hear great tales about these fighters, but then we see the reality that everyone meets their end. It is that way pretty early on, just think of Robert Baratheon. He is suppose to be this great warrior from all the battles he has fought but when the story takes place hes a fat drunk who gets killed by a boar while hunting. Jaime is another character where they mention what he has done in the past but we don't see much of his fighting and he's been reduced to a one handed man.

I rewatched the episode and one thing kind of bothered me that I don't think was mentioned. When Bronn talked about Tyrion and Jaime said next time he sees him I'll kill him, it just doesn't fit to me. Yes I realize that Tywin was Jaime's father as well but he hasn't really done anything but fuck with him since season 1. He was either berating him for caring what people think of him, disowning him, and tricking him into going to Casterly Rock. Not to mention the fact Jaime was the only one to show Tyrion any love and knows how he's been treated by Tywin and Cersei. Given all that we have seen of Jaime I just find it a little odd that he carries this attitude. It seemed out of place to me.

Nameless

Syrio is John Snow's real mom.

iuHR4H8qJ13vY.gif

I rewatched the episode and one thing kind of bothered me that I don't think was mentioned. When Bronn talked about Tyrion and Jaime said next time he sees him I'll kill him, it just doesn't fit to me. Yes I realize that Tywin was Jaime's father as well but he hasn't really done anything but fuck with him since season 1. He was either berating him for caring what people think of him, disowning him, and tricking him into going to Casterly Rock. Not to mention the fact Jaime was the only one to show Tyrion any love and knows how he's been treated by Tywin and Cersei. Given all that we have seen of Jaime I just find it a little odd that he carries this attitude. It seemed out of place to me.

Yeah I wasn't expecting that either, but maybe it's just more of a "too soon" type of situation where eventually he'll get over it, regardless of the way he was treated, he still obviously loved him, seeked his approval and Tywin was still his father.

Yeah I wasn't expecting that either, but maybe it's just more of a "too soon" type of situation where eventually he'll get over it, regardless of the way he was treated, he still obviously loved him, seeked his approval and Tywin was still his father.

I guess I can agree with that. Just came out of nowhere since when it was brought up before he never really made a peep about it. I am curious to see where it will actually go if they ever meet up again.

I guess I can agree with that. Just came out of nowhere since when it was brought up before he never really made a peep about it. I am curious to see where it will actually go if they ever meet up again.

I don't think he could, Jaime is definitely a piece of shit, but I doubt he could kill his own brother.

I have a theory that Jaqen is everybody who is not Arya. Jaqen H'ghar marched south with 20000 Jaqen H'ghars to see if Jaqen H'ghar really shits gold. Jaqen H'ghar executed Jaqen H'ghar at the end of season 1 and mounted his head on a spike, then showed it to Jaqen H'ghar.

tumblr_miiqmgHPu21r18z8zo3_250.gif

Help

Nameless

To me it stems from Cersei guilting him earlier in season, basically blaming him with Tyrion their father's death. That's what this whole daring mission is for, right? Why it 'has to be him' who heroically rescues Myrcella -- so Cersei, who can kinda hold a grudge, doesn't hate/resent him forever.

Not one to defend the fucking Kingslayer, but he should be pissed at Tyrion. He cost Jaime the woman he loves, his father, and put the future of their House in jeopardy, all after Jaime stuck his out for him.

To me it stems from Cersei guilting him earlier in season, basically blaming him with Tyrion their father's death. That's what this whole daring mission is for, right? Why it 'has to be him' who heroically rescues Myrcella -- so Cersei, who can kinda hold a grudge, doesn't hate/resent him forever.

Not one to defend the fucking Kingslayer, but he should be pissed at Tyrion. He cost Jaime the woman he loves, his father, and put the future of their House in jeopardy, all after Jaime stuck his out for him.

Can't argue with any of that, good points all around. I still don't see him being able to kill Tyrion though.

Jaime pushed Bran off the window after witnessing his incest ways so Jaime should have died a horrible death a long ass time ago.

Makes me wonder if it's sort of a blessing in disguise, of course we don't know the facts since it happened in the first episode but I don't think Bran was having visions before the fall.

Jojen also had a sort of debilitation in that he suffered from seizures. I'm sure Bran would choose to have the ability to use his legs again, but in the grand scheme of things his disability might be the only reason why he was chosen by the 3 eyed raven. Assuming he plays a major roll in the end when the white walkers attack.

Then again, Rickon seemed perfectly healthy and he dreamt of his father being in the tombs as well, unless those dreams were unrelated to the 3 eyed raven.

Vire

Anybody else feel like they are still waiting for the first truly great episode? Everything so far has been solid (aside from the awful sand snakes), but nothing earth shattering.

Very "B" material thus far...

Here's hoping the latter half of the season picks it up some and we get a "Blackwater", "Baelor", "And Now His Watch Is Ended", "The Lion and the Rose". I'm waiting to be wowed, although it seems like the source material is part of the problem.

Speaking of Rickon... Where in the world is that kid? Dude was like the tito jackson of Starks.

Olly is Rickon Stark. Jon knows this but is playing along to protect him.

When the wildlings were slaughtering Olly's village, I actually did think he was Rickon and he just found a place where he could lay low and people would take care of him.

rambis

Banned
Nah he just doesn't sound like a character I'd like. Sure, Baristann's story was meant to endear us towards Rhaegar, but there's no way to spin riding past your wife to lay flowers at the feet of a woman promised to another, then starting a war for that woman, as anything but an asshole move.
Spin what? These are very weird things to complain about in the context of this world with all the forced marriages and such.

What if Rhaegar and Lyanna actually loved each other? Honestly I'm pretty sure that is the case and Jon is the lovechild. There's so much left vague about Roberts Rebellion that I think its intentional to revealed in the climax.

borborygmus

Spin what? These are very weird things to complain about in the context of this world with all the forced marriages and such.

What if Rhaegar and Lyanna actually loved each other? Honestly I'm pretty sure that is the case and Jon is the lovechild. There's so much left vague about Roberts Rebellion that I think its intentional to revealed in the climax.

That's a good point. We haven't heard anything about Rhaegar and Lyanna that didn't come from the victors of the rebellion.

Loakum

Banned
Benjen Stark....I just thought I'll mention his name, since no one seems to care about him anymore. This dude haven't been seen since season 1.

Benjen Stark....I just thought I'll mention his name, since no one seems to care about him anymore. This dude haven't been seen since season 1.

We talked about him in the season 3&4 threads. Not much point this season since we aren't going to see any action north of the wall this season.

Vagabundo

Enjoying this season a lot. It's up there with season one for me. I like that no one has been off-ed* yet.

The slow building pace of the episodes is very nice. Not trying to pack too much in - either through story threads of scenes - you have enough time to digest what's happening and mull it over.

Cersai is playing a very dangerous game with these religious nutters. I'm not sure what her long term plan is. She obviously does not want to go back to Casterly Rock anyway. She'll kill Marge before she'll let that happen.

Tromand <sp??> is such a light weight. He'll need to get a spine and start being a smart player or he'll end up dead.

*Well no one I like....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom