• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game releases of 2013 in a convenient picture.

Yagharek

It's a funny image for many reasons but it's missing Ninokuni and assumes all the non Wii u announced ports are confirmation of non existence.

I wouldn't take the image as anything more than a joke to satisfy people from all camps in some small way.

Saty

PC list missing Hawken and DOTA 2 as they are unlikely to be officially released till the end of the month.

pswii60

Just for a little balance, only one 360 exclusive at retail, but XBLA will be brimming with them as usual. I'd also be surprised if Puppeteer actually makes it to retail outside of Japan, PSN being a far more likely candidate IMO.

Downloadable titles should never get forgotten. Toki Tori 2 will be keeping my Wii U busy over Christmas :)

KissVibes

Banned
All of those 360 exclusives. And sometimes I forget why I never use my 360...

Microsoft isn't going to waste time releasing games for the 360 next year because it's a dumb strategy. All those projects are now Xbox 3 games. Like Ryse, for example. I'm certain that will re-debut as an Xbox 3 launch title and it'll be a controller and kinect 2 game.

Microsoft has begun building a large number of teams and studios to develop Xbox 3 games and are planning games with studios they've worked with like Ruffian, Remedy, and Playground.

Shaneus

On the other hand, it's the platform where you get every single multiplat game on the list.
A lot of people seem to be completely missing the decent Kinect stuff that will be coming out on it.

Yes, decent Kinect stuff.

In the very least, that Panzer Dragoon not-sequel, Double Fine... whatever that is (that had the dubstep minigame), to name but a few. Unless that list is AAA only, but then, there are a LOT of PC games listed that aren't AAA (I know Gone Home certainly isn't AAA).

Just for a little balance, only one 360 exclusive at retail, but XBLA will be brimming with them as usual. I'd also be surprised if Puppeteer actually makes it to retail outside of Japan, PSN being a far more likely candidate IMO.

It's already 100% confirmed to be retail worldwide.

pswii60

Microsoft isn't going to waste time releasing games for the 360 next year because it's a dumb strategy. All those projects are now Xbox 3 games. Like Ryse, for example. I'm certain that will re-debut as an Xbox 3 launch title and it'll be a controller and kinect 2 game.

Microsoft has begun building a large number of teams and studios to develop Xbox 3 games and are planning games with studios they've worked with like Ruffian, Remedy, and Playground.

I agree Sony's strategy only makes sense if they're not planning on releasing PS4 next year. Although they may also be trying to establish two new IPs (Beyond, TLOU) with their current big userbase in the hope they'll carry the fans over to PS4 for the sequels. Still, they could have upgraded TLOU to next-gen, given it a visual make-over and made it an outstanding PS4 launch title. So, the decision is still a little baffling.

eso76

M$ only having one exclusive really pushes the theory that they will be launching Xbox3 in Fall/Holiday 2013

Not to mention, Forza 5 is due for next year, if it's not next gen, I'm gonna be real mad

Someone in the know said not to expect the 5th Forza to be on time next year.
Don't know what to think, i would hope it's a 720 launch title anyway.

Sony has been doing a pretty good job of interesting exclusives this gen.

I agree Sony's strategy only makes sense if they're not planning on releasing PS4 next year. Although they may also be trying to establish two new IPs (Beyond, TLOU) with their current big userbase in the hope they'll carry the fans over to PS4 for the sequels. Still, they could have upgraded TLOU to next-gen, given it a visual make-over and made it an outstanding PS4 launch title. So, the decision is still a little baffling.

Install base. They'd rather launch an established franchise with a new console I'd imagine, though this gen they didn't really do that.

The Devils Third and Prey 2 are on the list. They are both cancelled right?

Neither have been officially cancelled. TDT was dropped by its publisher, but earlier this year they announced that they'd partnered with a company named Doobic to create PC and tablet versions of the game. So it sounds like its been picked up by someone. As far as P2 goes, that in development hell. No way is it coming out next year.

Fox Mulder

Why the fuck did I buy a wii u?

They showed the thing off at two E3's, but had nothing but a mini game collection and another nsmb game ready for launch and most of 2013.

AzaK

They showed the thing off at two E3's, but had nothing but a mini game collection and another nsmb game ready for launch and most of 2013.

Well before launch we knew none of those multiplats were coming, so nothing new really. Still sucks donkey's balls but what can you do? I guess give your money to MS or Sony by buying the games on those platforms.

Nintendo can't be happy with this situation. It's abysmal.

Let's revisit in 8 months when we hear about Durango and Orbis games that are coming. If Wii U is not on the platform list at that time, then we should start worrying.

All of those 360 exclusives. And sometimes I forget why I never use my 360...

Do you only play console exclusives?

Being a new Wii U owner, I don't really care for multiplats, because I'll use my Wii U the same way I used my Wii.

Sits in entertainment hub where its invisible until new Nintendo game or friends who are very casual come over and want to play Mario Kart. Maybe bust open when some good homebrew comes out.

The Wii U had a unique advantage over the Wii in that I dont have to reconjigger the entertainment hub to access it. thanks to the pad.

pvpness

Well before launch we knew none of those multiplats were coming, so nothing new really. Still sucks donkey's balls but what can you do? I guess give your money to MS or Sony by buying the games on those platforms.

Nintendo can't be happy with this situation. It's abysmal.

Let's revisit in 8 months when we hear about Durango and Orbis games that are coming. If Wii U is not on the platform list at that time, then we should start worrying.

Nintendo probably hasn't been happy with their 3rd party support for the past three systems. Doesn't seem like it's changing much. Yet fan expectations remain the same...

I'll save you the pain of waiting 8 months to be disappointed: Nintendo will not be getting meaningful (western) 3rd party support when Durango launches.

Bumhead

Banned
I still expect at least a couple of those red X's to turn to green ticks once Nintendo decide to actually announce stuff for next year, but I think that picture is generally quite representative of the third party picture on Wii U.

I love my Wii U and expect to have plenty have fun with it for my money, but anyone who doesn't own at least one other system is clearly going to miss out on a lot.

Dabanton

Haha another one of these lists. Wheres the one from last year?

No PSN or XBLA games? heck even Wii U digital games? Tons of PC games with surprise,surprise lots of downloadable only titles. Yeah I imagine he probably put 10 mins of 'research' into this list.

Highly misleading. The consoles have many more exclusives than that, the PC list has nearly every indie release on it, where are the XBLA/PSN releases?

KKRT00

PC list missing Hawken and DOTA 2 as they are unlikely to be officially released till the end of the month.

List is also missing:

Warface - Crytek's F2P FPS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrLN0ZHcI7U&feature=g-hist

Marvel Heroes Online - diablo-like MMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJO7jCqW9Fk

Starforge, but dunno if they manage to release it next year, although they are releasing every patch to the public, so late beta will be there for sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSmlrPcXumc

X: Rebirth - space-sim that should be released this year, but disappeared. Egosoft what are You doing! I'm still waiting for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabrDe4XJo0

---
Highly misleading. The consoles have many more exclusives than that, the PC list has nearly every indie release on it, where are the XBLA/PSN releases?

Actually PC list doesnt even have 10% of indie titles included.

I'm sure it's been said a bunch of times, but Prey 2 and Devil's Third are pretty much cancelled.

Uh, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101?

Sentenza

The PC exclusive list is hilarious:
Uh, dude, Macs are essentially rebranded PCs, too.
And Linux isn't even "rebranded" stuff, it's a straight forward PC OS.

You are the hilarious one.

That PC list kind of does nothing for me right now either, at least the ones I can actually read.

Rome 2
Europa Universalis 4
Wasteland 2
Dead State (won't come out next year)
Maybe Sim City but being Origin and online only are huge deal breakers.

The rest I either know nothing about or don't care for.
Squadron 42 is probably the most exciting piece of software in years as far as I'm concerned.
and that's ignoring a lot of other mildly interesting (Shadowrun Return) or unknown but potentially awesome (Mount&Blade II) stuff.

ymmv

Banned
lol @ the fuck you. Shocked anyone besides me has heard of Langrisser Schwarz, even more shocked to see it listed since it's a godawful Korean mmo spinoff

PS3 is missing:
Ni No Kuni
Neptunia Victory
The God and Fate Revolution Paradox
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
Yakuza 5

also isnt a realm reborn also coming out on ps3 or did they abandon that plan?

Also missing for the PS3:

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Dragon's Crown
Kingdom Hearts HD Collection
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy XIV

There are probably more of those still. There aren't even any PSN ganes on that list. What was that cool looking PSN game Sony showed at the same event where Puppeteer was shown first?

_machine

The list also seems to be missing Assetto Corsa (PC) and Project CARS (PC, 360, PS3, WiiU). Next year seems to be good even for a PC-only guy.

DaBuddaDa

I remember this same thing from last year...same problems. The omissions are laughable, it's static, and there's nothing convenient about a massive picture file covered in logos.

drkOne

We could debate which one is the dumb strategy. Releasing a big new IP on a new gen with small user base or setup the next gen sequel by releasing the new IP on a console with a big user base. Play Last of Us on PS3 and then you have to buy a PS4 to get the sequel. Much more convincing than buying a console on promises and an IP you don't even know if you'll like.
Sometimes you need to realize that the majority of the market isn't GAF and that a recognized name is going to do much more than a new critically acclaimed new IP.
How many people outside of GAF really bought the first Uncharted or Assassin's Creed at launch, compared to how many bought the sequels at launch?

Anyway, it has nothing to do with Microsoft's strategy concerning the next Xbox, since we had like what, 3 exclusives this year? Were they already preparing for the next Xbox? No, there's a problem with Microsoft and exclusives. A game that comes out on PC and Xbox isn't an exclusive, and Microsoft seems to rely on the 3rd parties that do that.
If you already have a PC and are deciding wether to go Sony or Microsoft, those exclusives matter a lot.

Hindle

Banned
GTA 5
South Park
Dark Souls II if it makes it this year
Lords of Shadow 2
And possibly Bioshock Infinite, and thats a wrap for this gen after I've got those.

Effect

So, PC/Wii U seems like a good choice.

Does seem that way. Especially if Nintendo's plans to expand really take hold next year. I firmly believe talk about getting back the "core" was never about the "core" in general but about getting back or stopping the Nintendo core from leaving. Nintendo having a system with enough power to get parity with games like Madden, Call of Duty, and a few others while still providing Nintendo made or backed exclusives was likely the real goal. The idea that we were going to get many true third party games was never a real possibility I'm thinking now. It's one I've accepted as well.

I'm sticking with my PC in addition to my Wii U going forward as I don't have the money or time to get the next Sony and Microsoft systems.

Top Bottom