• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME UK: Truck carrying Splatoon limited editions stolen.

edoara

Neo Member
Stolen amiibo footage

1329760438_stealing_sheep_from_moving_truck.gif

You're a theif now

OMG! Hahahahaha

Highwind

Only 10 quid? lol I can get it for 25 with free shipping right now.

Canceled the game. Will take the amiibo though.

Wish Nintendo would sell the green one but this is Nintendo so *shrugs*.

Lol it's only £28.99 on Amazon. GAME is just a ripoff, I always try to avoid them unless they have an exclusive collectors edition that I want.

It was the special edition that was stolen, not the regular version. That version is cheaper on Amazon, it was about £39 I think, but they were doing a bundle with that and the other two amiibo (plus a cute squid hat) for £60, which made I cheaper than getting everything separate from Amazon.

To be fair...a truck and a lorry in Britain are two different things.
Most of the people here are from the US and dont know what a Lorry is and would be asking about it for the first few pages, only after seeing pictures stating that 'its a truck'. After that the thread would probably derail into language arguements

oni-link

Next up you are going to try to persuade me there is a definitive difference between a coach and a bus.

Well a coach is a person involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople, and a bus is a type of network topology in which nodes are connected in a daisy chain by a linear sequence of buses

AdanVC

This is extremely unfortunate but huge props to GAME for fixing things very quickly so most people can get to play the game this friday anyway. Now... wtf with those people stealing something like this? If they actually did it knowing what they were stealing (Meaning, scalpers) then the amiibo culture has reached the ridiculous status. Maybe they were expecting lot's of Wave 4 amiibo on the truck as well so they can black market it into other countries or something. Like true drug dealers omfg.

Most of the people here are from the US and dont know what a Lorry is and would be asking about it for the first few pages, only after seeing pictures stating that 'its a truck'. After that the thread would probably derail into language arguements

I know, and I'm pretty sure the guy you quoted was just kidding.

Drencrom

In totally unrelated news, I just bunged 15,000 copies on eBay, so you could always buy one from me.

Oh, I'm also selling a 2013 Scania 320D with a decent trailer on it (lock sadly broken, not sure how) if anyone wants one.

Yeah dude! People unable to get the product they want! Thieves getting stuff they don't deserve! Workers losing money!

THIS IS HILIARIOUS!

EVEYONE

LAUGH

LAUGH HARDER

at this user.

Oh man, thanks for the laugh

Taker666

It was the special edition that was stolen, not the regular version. That version is cheaper on Amazon, it was about £39 I think, but they were doing a bundle with that and the other two amiibo (plus a cute squid hat) for £60, which made I cheaper than getting everything separate from Amazon.

It may be both.

It says that the lorry carrying their Splatoon stock was stolen..including the special edition. So it may have contained the normal edition as well.

Metalmarc

Fast 8 : The Splats & The Furious

On a serious note that sucks for people who ordered them as gifts, especially for children

Well a coach delivers people to different locations further away a bus has a strict route.

So a vehicle is neither of these when it's being driven solely to get the tank filled?

Well a coach is a person involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople, and a bus is a type of network topology in which nodes are connected in a daisy chain by a linear sequence of buses

Well that definitely solves it.

It may be both.

It says that the lorry carrying their Splatoon stock was stolen..including the special edition. So it may have contained the normal edition as well.

No, they emailed me saying that unfortunately they'll have to substitute it for the standard edition, and I could either get that and the two Inkling amiibo, or just the two Inkling amiibo.

It just seems to be the Splatoon including Squid amiibo bundle that's been stolen.

No, they emailed me saying that unfortunately they'll have to substitute it for the standard edition, and I could either get that and the two Inkling amiibo, or just the two Inkling amiibo.

It just seems to be the Splatoon including Squid amiibo bundle that's been stolen.

They could simply have more trucks with standard edition or something, regardless of that one being filled with special edition or not.

I can't help but wonder how disappointed the robber will be when he cracks open the back and discovers he nabbed a whole bunch of Special Editions of a niche game for a system that isn't selling in his country.

Dunkers92

Interesting news to come into work too. Last thing I expected. I was one of the guys who preordered it so jokes on me I guess

Heard about this from the partner who works at a local GAME. Totally sucks. I'm just hoping customers who have pre-ordered will be as level headed as people here. I'm sure they will catch a LOT of flack for this...

It's been a mix. Most people have been understanding/found it hilarious but some haven't been happy. There's not much we can do really

It may be both.

Stores are still recieving the standard edition

Memory

Reminds me of all the lorry's of PS3s that were getting knocked off in UK a while back, they even put references to it in a few films lol.

CHC

Jesus this is so bizarre. Maybe they can trace the barcodes and catch them selling it on EBay or something, not sure what else these idiots would try to do with all that stuff.

LoveCake

I have just got the email as well :(

Why can Nintendo not just make more of the Squids amiibos & send them out later?

Top Bottom