• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME UK: Truck carrying Splatoon limited editions stolen.

Razmos

I bought the special edition from the Nintendo UK Store and bought the Inkling Girl amiibo from GAME.

I'm so glad it wasn't the other way around, I really dodged a bullet/ink shot there.
5f0.png

On the one hand this sucks because I'm not gonna get the Squid hat, as that was solely a GAME exclusive, but on the other hand my luck with preorders makes this highly amusing.

Considering the nature of the squid Amiibo (i.e. the special edition is the only way to get it in Europe) I'm not sure £10 off really cuts it here but I guess GAME can't do anything else.

Pookmunki

That's so sad. :(

Tell me about it - he's just started getting into games ( he's a mean Rayman Legends player) and got really invested in Splatoon since I showed him footage, direct etc.

It's his 7th birthday on Saturday - now I'm going to have to break to him that he won't be getting his Amibo :(

sam777

Was about to pre order this from GAME but went with Grainger Games instead, seems my choice was the correct one. Phew.

But... An Amiibo costs £15 from GAME. Reducing it by £10 doesn't cover the cost of a replacement, even if you don't consider there's no other way of getting the squid domestically.

How silly.

Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? For a large starving family, is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread? And what if your family don't like bread, they like amiibos. What if instead of giving them away you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away? Would that be a crime?

MrPanic

Those amiibo scalpers are turning into real criminals. :0

We need to help and put a stop to these criminals, make sure you report anyone to the police that claims to have both Rosalina and Green Squid amiibo's.

Neiteio

So why can't Nintendo produce a shit ton more to mitigate demand? Are they that hard or expensive to produce?
It would seem Nintendo only budgets to make a profit on guaranteed sales to scalpers, which then creates the appearance of scarcity and ensures demand so that scalpers will buy the next wave, as well

Top Bottom