• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME: Xbox One release date to be announced today

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF reaction if it's before the PS4

If the release date is either two weeks earlier or two weeks later there will be no significant impact on this launch season. Any longer than that and we start to see some effect.

The only real vocal parade you're going to have is from the usual suspects if it's early.

RussellXV

November 4th or November 18th. The 11th is Veterans Day and the week of PS4, the 19th is for Watch Dogs, the 22nd is for Mario and Zelda. If it's the 25th, good luck MS.

Tratorn

I think they'll reveal an early release date to get some momentum. They're probably skipping some countrys to come out 2/4 weeks before Sony in us/main-eu.

So the 5th november really could be true.

Iacobellis

That's a thing? Imagine being a non XBox owner and having that as your local GAME store.

Maybe I should preorder the deluxe Wind Waker package from them. They're bound to have little demand for it.

Surprised people were preordering the system without a release date. Hope no one ends up in financial difficulties.

People preordered the PS4 in June, no problem.

Raide

Only members here think that. In the long-run, a week or two launch after the PS4 isn't going to be the deciding factor in how well the X1 fairs in the market.

If they can match is with some of the bigger events and games coming out, all the better. MS will be focused around Black Friday for the US, so they want plenty of units and they should aim for CoD launch in all territories. That will sell units like hot-cakes.

GlamFM

Banned
Ummm... what?
This was just added to the product description of the Xbox One / Call Of Duty bundle on Amazon.de:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00CUGKF2A/

November 1?

Not for me?

F3pqo0p.png

ryanmac

Banned
I'm not sure how much stock I put in a twitter feed with less than a thousand followers and sending out things like this:

juREmTc.png

FZZ

Banned
I'm going to laugh if CBOAT was wrong and the release date is in early November.

I'm not sure how much stock I put in a twitter feed with less than a thousand followers and sending out things like this:

juREmTc.png

Shady as fuck.

Acheteedo

Haven't seen it yesterday when I looked at the product. It's not the Amazon place for a date though but just added to the text description.

Just look at the product page I linked.

You checked it yesterday in enough detail to notice?

Just want to make sure :)

As long as it is within a month of the PS4 it won't have a negative effect either way. Launching before Black Friday in the US would be best though if they do indeed have plenty of walk in stock.

If they have barely any walk in stock then it doesn't matter at all.

Hobohodo

Well the GAME conference for all the managers is on at the moment, but would they tell them a release date before just announcing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom