• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you've held longest in your physical collection

Duck Hunt.

The only other physical game I got at the time was Super Mario Bros. but I sold it once I got Super Mario All Stars on SNES.

It might be possible I have some old c64 games as well, but I'm not sure, it's been very long I don't even know where all the family c64 stuff is.

CHC

Still have the first Crash Bandicoot, from when it came out.

My entire physical game collection right now:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Crash Bandicoot
Ni No Kuni Steelbook

lol

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Crash Team Racing and Pokemon Red are the ones I've had longest as far as I know. I have older physical copies that I've picked up from thrift stores but those are my oldest until I find where Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time and Spyro: Rypto's Rage went.

Woffls

Sold all my Genesis stuff, and not sure when I got hold of my GameBoy carts, so I will have to go with the copy of Goldeneye that I got with my N64. Played it with my dad quite a bit, and was allowed to have it in the lounge on the big TV for a while because my mum found a James Bond game to be acceptable.

redcrayon

799e0d3e7256547450fe58649bfd5e78.jpg

I guess... since it's my first boxed video game (not on Apple but on Thomson). Though I wouldn't take bets on the floppy still working fine.

The oldest one I've tried recently is Burnin' Rubber on Gx4000 and Tetris on Gameboy (my first cart games)

Unless you count pong consoles / Game & Watch...
Silent Service is presumably an appropriate name for the longest serving game in your collection :D

I've got a box of Amstrad cassette tapes from the mid-80s kicking around somewhere. Always makes me smile to look at modern hard drives and then back to tapes and floppies.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I have the boxed version of The Guild of Thieves for the Atari ST still and F18 Interceptor for the Amiga.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link gold NES cartridge. It's the only original game remaining from the NES my family had since I was born. Not sure when it was bought (must have been sometime between 1987 and 1991) but I remember my dad saying he picked up at a video rental store's clearance sale.

psyfi

Banned
Advance Wars 2. I've been gaming since the NES and I've sold off all my other old handhelds and consoles, but man, I just love the GBA too much to sell. I'm on a 12 hour road trip for the eclipse right now and I brought my GBA plus AW2 with me. :)

ascii42

I've only traded in games once. So, the answer would be the first games we got as kids. My dad bought an NES and some games for us some time in the early 90s.

Coxy100

Banned
i have games from the 80's for my systems but they aren't my original ones.

The oldest one of mine is x wing from 1993

If we're talking console/PC, it's my copies of Captain Skyhawk and Friday the 13th for NES which I got along with the system when I was six. If we're talking all games tho, I still have a weird Space Invaders-esque handheld game my dad gave me to shut me up when I was two or something.

leburn98

I seldom sell or trade in games, so I still have a lot of my originals. WIth that said, I suppose my longest held game in my collection is the Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt cart as it was the pack-in game for the NES. I received the NES and game as a gift for Christmas in '88 or '89. Apart from pack-ins, my first game I owned was Double Dragon II: The Revenge.

I still remember the day that I got it. My father brought it home one day during the summer after he knew how much I loved the original arcade game of Double Dragon. What made it most memorable was probably the fact that we seldom received big items outside of birthday and Christmas.

Oscar

For some reason I've never thrown out this N64 copy of WCW/NWO: Revenge from my nightstand that's followed me since adolescence.

MouldyK

Sonic & Tails and Alex Kidd on Master System. It's been in my home before I was born...it will be here long after the Roaches have taken over.

EDIT: Parents tried throwing our big collection away 10+ years ago with our broken NES...this is what remains (Sonic 1 was built into the Master System which didn't work...but the Alex Kidd one functions still I think!)

fantastico

I've got a copy of Crazy Chase for the Philips Videopac (Magnavox Odessey 2) that I've had since around 1983 or so. It's quite good actually, like Pac man with a level editor

FDBK

The longest I've held:

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

followed by:

Kung Fu
Metroid
Legend Of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link

The titles are all NES titles, btw.

Doomshine

A bunch of Master System games, not sure which one is oldest:

Rescue Mission, Alex Kidd: the Lost Stars, Asterix, Psychic World, Double Dragon, Castle of Illusion, The Lucky Dime Caper.

Linkyn

Outside of a few tragic losses, I still own every game I've ever bought or been gifted, so the oldest games in my collection are also the first games I've owned, period. More specifically, they're the games that came with my used NES, which I got for my sixth birthday:

• Super Mario Bros. / Tetris / Nintendo World Cup triple cartridge
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • R.C. Pro-Am
  • Super Off-Road
  • Rad Racer
  • TMNT
  • Kickle Cubicle
Not counting the cheap solution my parents chose in case we got bored after a few days, my first real console would be the N64, which came with Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, and Wave Race 64.

That aside, I played sporadically on my father's PC before that, but none of those games were mine, even if they've since come into my possession (King's Quest 7 would be an example here).

Fbh

Not nearly as old as other games posted but the oldest games I own which were purchased at the time of release are :

Age of empires 2 PC
Crash 1 PS1

I do own older game but I purchased them years later

My copy of Sonic the hedgehog, circa December 1991 or 1992 ( not really sure of the exact year).

Got it used, loose cart with my Genesis and with the not for resale label. Played the ever living hell out of it, probably shouldn't work anymore at this point. I will never get rid of it.

Top Bottom