• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameCube Component Cables

I don't have to set them up or something, do I?

If you have a progressive scan capable TV you need to hold the B button to enable proscan on the GC (for games that accept it). The good news is that the GC remembers it after the first time.

Jasoco

Banned
No, I am talking about Progressive. Ignore me though, forget I said anything. I didn't pay attention enough the first run through.

The two games I now tested? Progressive looks significantly better. At least on Wind Waker...

Zelda%20Wind%20Waker.jpg

The right is Component.

Though weirdly the title screen for Paper Mario 2 looks exactly the same...

Paper%20Mario%202.jpg

The right is.. I mean the left.. is.. I mean... uhhh...

I tried to get shots of the game but they came out all ugly. And they don't look much different in that game.

I guess it depends on the game.

Now I see why post-render anti-aliasing is important. Seems AA pictures look smooth. Hence the awesome title screen and the jaggie game graphics.

Will we ever see a Nintendo game in 720p? Ever? Ever?

Jasoco said:
Now I see why post-render anti-aliasing is important. Seems AA pictures look smooth. Hence the awesome title screen and the jaggie game graphics.
I'm thinking the difference is the absolute stillness. If it's a still image just sitting there, whether it's refreshing half the picture at a time or the full frame, it should still be showing the full correct image. Though I would've expected that to effect Link and not so much the rock wall...

Jasoco

Banned
At least any GameCube game looks a hell of a lot better than Shadows of the Colossus or DQ8. :(

Yes, it's been said, but it has to be said again. I want my good PS2 games to look nice! Is that too much to ask????

Top Bottom