• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult Awards: Wii U wins console of the year and top 3 GOTY, a first time ever

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
GK is full of (self-professed) nintendosexuals.
News at 11.
Results from last year.

gamekult-awards-2013-les-resultats-ME3050211418_2.jpg

See the pattern? There's none. Well there's one, Gamekult readers love PCs.

Madouu

It's an inside joke. The editors love the big Nintendo franchises and sometimes make fun of themselves when they give a new game a 9 by saying they're N-sex.

It's called second degré. Look it up.

There's nothing second degré about what you said.

Good stuff from gamekult readers, not surprised about dungeon of the endless being up there seeing the amount of good coverage it got from the site. Very surprised to see TBS though, I thought people would have forgotten about it by now.

I would be willing to buy 2 games from that top 10, and I'm sure as shit not buying a console just for one of them.

News at 10, random people give Nintendo random award for the first time!

I would be willing to buy 2 games from that top 10, and I'm sure as shit not buying a console just for one of them.

You are on a roll today after the portbegging in the other Nintendo thread.

Hey, that's what I've been playing this year. Though I've been playing a bit of my PS Vita and my Nintendo 3DS, too.

I've been playing lots of fun games on Steam like Valkyria Chronicles and things. Since Steam has been getting lots of fun Japanese games. And the Wii U there lots and lots of fun games.
I've had so much fun with Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

mgcastro

Bayonetta 2 is an 'efing masterpiece, not sure about MK 8 though. Haven't played Smash Wii U, but the 3DS one is a blast to play. DKCTF deserves more recognition IMO. Anyway, Nintendo deserves the credit, they are pulling some great games in a consistent basis.

Looking forward to next year, 2015 hopefully will be an epic year going only by the name of the franchises that every major publisher plans on releasing.

No shit it won Best Console of the Year. It had fucking Mario Kart and Smash Bros, which weren't as disappointing as their 3D Mario release last year and on the contrary, were actually excellent games.

PS4 had what? Two last-gen up res ports (three if you count Tomb Raider) and Destiny. I didn't touch my 3DS outside Smash and Pokemon.

Nah man, SM3DW wasn't disappointing at all. I know many here hate on it's sales, but it seems to be well past 2.5 million already and on its way to 3 million, which is great. Still the best game on the Wii U imo.

Boss Man

Well, the French do have good taste. I'd put DA:I over MK8 though. Mario Kart was fun but it's pretty barebones.

Nah man, SM3DW wasn't disappointing at all. I know many here hate on it's sales, but it seems to be well past 2.5 million already and on its way to 3 million, which is great. Still the best game on the Wii U imo.
3DWorld was "good" but let's not get carried away...

Need to get myself a Wii U at some point.

250$ at target starting monday

Yeah, if we go by imaginary categories, Leonardo Dicaprio has won a ton of Oscars too.

Well deserved too.

oh poor baby wont buy a console for 100 exclusives he'll never even see. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software

french people have a great taste in games. nice to see such list.

I've noticed this too, the French seem to have more of an affinity for Japanese games than the crap we buy over the channel. You can see the Japanese influence in some of the games Ubisoft puts out, like Rayman, M&M Clash of Heroes, Child of Eden etc

Rocky

Banned
No shit it won Best Console of the Year. It had fucking Mario Kart and Smash Bros, which weren't as disappointing as their 3D Mario release last year and on the contrary, were actually excellent games.

PS4 had what? Two last-gen up res ports (three if you count Tomb Raider) and Destiny. I didn't touch my 3DS outside Smash and Pokemon.

And yet, according to that chart, WiiU only beat PS4 by less than 1%. At least, if those commas in the charts are supposed to be decimal points.

wildfire

Banned
Watch_Dogs won "disappointment of the year" :lol

I was just saying to myself upon reading the OP this is a pretty big burn against Ubisoft for their fellow countrymen to look down on their games and now I see the hits to their reputation are even more severe.

I wonder how the French gamers fully feel about Unity's accuracy with their history.

olimpia84

Not surprised, 2014 was an easy win for the Wii U with all the quality 1st party titles. 2015 is looking like a great year for the system as well although the PS4 will put up a fight with some great exclusives.

I was just saying to myself upon reading the OP this is a pretty big burn against Ubisoft for their fellow countrymen to look down on their games and now I see the hits to their reputation are even more severe.

Why do they should have special consideration because they are French ?

hidys

I don't think Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart deserve to be in a GOTY discussion let alone win.

But excluding PC the Wii U is probably the best console this year.

Fularu

Banned
Whenever I need a good laugh, I wander on the "gueguerre" forum before quickly realising I should get the fuck away from it.

Top Bottom