• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult Awards: Wii U wins console of the year and top 3 GOTY, a first time ever

Irminsul

Yeah, I see that now. I didn't exactly connect 'master race' as the most common English term for it. It's one thing for it to be a meme, but the use of it in this 'serious' context was definitely unnecessary.

Is not exactly popular here in GAF to begin with it (precisely because people tend to forget that is ridiculous) . And like I said, is just tasteless and annoying that a serious publication using it.
Video games: Serious business!

I mean, part of the joke is probably that PC won that award (at least) twice in a row, that's probably why it's the "master race". And come on, no one can take that image seriously.

Yeah, ranked video game lists serious business. Unless you were being sarcastic and I missed it.

GAF is not the center of the video game universe though.

I mean, part of the joke is probably that PC won that award (at least) twice in a row, that's probably why it's the "master race". And come on, no one can take that image seriously.

Just pointing out why was annoying to me as some people thought I was saying "Europe is nazi land" or something.

LoveCake

9Hdt3zh.jpg

PC is not a console and as I said Wii U was the second system of the year behind it.

Should there not be a WiiU (nintendo) Master Race?
Maybe something like this?

3iqXyXY.png

Jado

Banned

Offended console gamers being insecure and getting bent out of shape over something so silly. The image is a harmless joke first used satirically by the Escapist.

UglyPony

Hate Zero Punctuation for that dumb PC master race meme.

Im not that into party games. And honestly i wouldnt be able to play mario kart longer then 30 mins before it would drive me insane.

Bayo shouldve won.

Dr. Buni

Bayonetta 2? Eh,Tropical Freeze deserved the place a lot more. Still, glad the Wii U won. It would be quite stupid if it didn't...

jwhit28

I enjoyed Tropical Freeze the most this year. Glad to see Wii U get recognition while Sony and Microsoft punted to 2015.

ZoddGutts

Haha at people being offended at the PC master race thing, just dumb. Anyways good to see Divinity: Original Sin make it to the top 10.

Celegus

Wow, great picks all around! Pretty unusual to see a list I can mostly agree with for once (barring AC, Watch Dogs, and a few others).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, that is also my personal top 3, although not in the same order

Wii U has been killing it with their first party stuff while MS and Sony have had a really slow year, so I'm not surprised.

fred

Have just started playing Tengami, should be worth an honourable mention somewhere imo. The art direction and the gameplay design is fantastic.

Some of the indie games in the eShop have been exceptional imo.

Servbot24

Banned
I would have put Donkey Kong instead of Mario Kart. But yes it is by far the best console of the year with the best 3, maybe 4 games.

jesu

Yatōkiri_Kilgharrah;143121274 said:
250$ at target starting monday

UK here.

I should have made it clear to my GF what I want for christmas.
Next year I'll make it happen.

Verendus

Banned
No shit it won Best Console of the Year. It had fucking Mario Kart and Smash Bros, which weren't as disappointing as their 3D Mario release last year and on the contrary, were actually excellent games.
On the other hand, I feel Mario Kart 8 is one of the most mediocre games I've played. It doesn't feel like I've missed much since Double Dash on the GC, but 3D World is fantastic with a few people playing together.

Top Bottom