• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamelabo "RUMORS" (ie full of shit that was consumed for brunch)

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Nintendo needs to find a way that we can transfer our VC games onto the DS.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ike said:
Nintendo needs to find a way that we ca transfer our VC games onto the DS.

That would be a very clever move, but not the kind of thing Nintendo are usually bothered about unfortunately. They will probably try and make us buy the VC games again for the DS :-(

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Bojanglez said:
That would be a very clever move, but not the kind of thing Nintendo are usually bothered about unfortunately. They will probably try and make us buy the VC games again for the DS :-(
LoL true, but I'm still not giving up hope for it given the recent DS demo announcement.

Jump RPG would be fuck awesome.

And a DQVII port to the PSP would make quite a bit of sense, as Square Enix would rather charge a lot more money for a port than put something as big as DQVII onto a downloadable service.

Jiggy

Ike said:
Nintendo needs to find a way that we can transfer our VC games onto the DS.
As much as I love DS, that would be about the only thing that could make me buy a third version. TV tuner? Laughable.

Anyway, whichever DQ goes to PSP, I'll likely end up buying it. Unless by "DQ" they literally mean "DQ" as in Dragon Quest I, because that's the only game from the series that I just can't handle anymore. Too simplistic by now...

Mr. Pointy said:
Jump RPG would be fuck awesome.

And a DQVII port to the PSP would make quite a bit of sense, as Square Enix would rather charge a lot more money for a port than put something as big as DQVII onto a downloadable service.

They'd probably put it on a download service as long as they're able to charge full price for it.

duckroll

Actually, you mistranslated the rumor. It says that DQ9 is also in development for the PSP in top secret, and that the DS' rom size is too small for the game at the moment. Nothing to do with remakes. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Actually, you mistranslated the rumor. It says that DQ9 is also in development for the PSP in top secret, and that the DS' rom size is too small for the game at the moment. Nothing to do with remakes. :lol
*sees Link316 making a GFAQs topic about this already*

Yoboman

duckroll said:
That would be a megaton

Kyoufu

duckroll said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic? lol, I can't tell since I've been up for too long.

NotWii

Banned
WTF are you people talking about?
There's heaps of things the DS could use.

DS could use:
- Hardware Texture Filtering, this is the one thing that makes DS's 3D look so bad, depending on how they implement it - it should not affect any DS game created so far.
- Better OS with upgradeable firmware ala the Wii, then they can add PDA functionality like notetaking and messaging
- Wifi WPA Key Support
- Camera and/or built in rumble/tilt sensor would be nice, certain games could use it like Animal Crossing/Mario Paint/Wario Ware

However, there was that rumor of that DS redesign for older people with bigger screens and buttons, it'll probably be that.

duckroll said:
Thats sounds like a GameLabo-worthy rumor.

Kyoufu

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Thats sounds like a GameLabo-worthy rumor.

Sorry, that one there is straight out of Tengu restaurant.

duckroll said:
I'm 100% serious. Here's what the rumor says:

The major RPG "D" slated for release this Winter but delayed, is also in top secret development at the same time for the PSP.

:lol

Worst rumour I've ever heard.

Hope its true.

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
Are you being serious or sarcastic? lol, I can't tell since I've been up for too long.

The major RPG "D" slated for release this Winter but delayed, is also in top secret development at the same time for the PSP.

duckroll

Also, the DS revision they're talking about it one that comes with a 1-Seg TV-tuner built-in. So even if the rumors are true, it might be best not to get too excited. :p

duckroll said:

So, uh, new PSP next year with 2nd touch screen confirmed?

Because otherwise, I ama confuse (and so is George).

HUH.jpg

jj984jj

BishopLamont said:
Yes because the thread title says Confirmed instead of RUMOR.
If it's really from Gamelabo then it's undoubtedly fake, they are the Japanese SpoNg.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
If it's really from Gamelabo then it's undoubtedly fake, they are the Japanese SpoNg.

It might be from one of the Famitsu mags. The rumors read like Famitsu's rumor section that I used to translate stuff from. Still, the chance of stuff coming true are like 1/5 usually.

Chris R

neptunes said:
what could they possibly add to the DS? an SD slot?
Internal flash memory that would let me take my VC / WiiWare games on the road with me. I would totally consumer whore myself out and get my third DS :lol

jj984jj

BishopLamont said:
We don't even know if this is really from Gamelabo. Nothing really sounds farfetched.
DQIX moved to PSP doesn't sound far-fetched? :lol

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
This one is hard to believe. It's not like SQEX didn't know about the capacity limitations of DS modules when they decided to go with that platform.

xaosslug

creamsugar said:
NOTE: ALL OF THESE ARE RUMORS

1. New version of DS next spring, with a mobile digital TV/radio tuner.
2. Square Enix make a RPG for DS with Shonen JUMP characters.
3. DQ 9 also available for PSP, mobile digital TV

etc: look at pics please.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT... WHAT?!???!!!!11111ONEUNO :lol

jj984jj said:
Oh. Still makes no sense, why would they put it on PSP? I could see PS2, but PSP?

Also the fact that they don't release any of their Mainline franchise games on multi platform, unless it's years down the track.

Acosta

A Jump RPG would be a great idea, but I wonder if they could bring it outside of Japan. If is a Japanese only game it would lose sales potential.

Yoboman

jj984jj said:
Oh. Still makes no sense, why would they put it on PSP? I could see PS2, but PSP?
After CC's success, why not?

PS2 makes less sense considering the graphics, and the fact that it'd be compared to DQVIII

duckroll

jj984jj said:

I didn't say it makes any sense, I'm just telling you what it says. :lol

Yoboman said:
After CC's success, why not?

PS2 makes less sense considering the graphics, and the fact that it'd be compared to DQVIII

Hmmmmmmmm............ :)

DQIX is being made by Level 5 no? It's not like it would be hard for them to do a DS->PSP port, they could use the Jeanne D'Arc's engine as base and it would only mean extra sales as long as they don't announce it before the DS release.

Yoboman

duckroll said:
I didn't say it makes any sense, I'm just telling you what it says. :lol

Hmmmmmmmm............ :)
CC isn't a DQ game, and handhelds are allowed a way larger graphical barrier of entry

Soule

I believe none of those rumours will come to fruition...

It's couldn't care less, fucking get it right already.
ARGH! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULDN'T!!!!
So you do care about it, since you care more than the minimum.

omg i thought i was the only one *tear* i'm so happy to know i'm not alone.

toypop

今冬リリース予定だった大作RPG「D」の発売日が延期されたのは、ソフトメーカーSが秘密裏にPSP版の開発を同時進行しているためらしい、とのチクリが大手宅配業者の配達員より。
RPGがイマイチ育たないNDSに比べ、PSPは新型の売上げも好調。
ROMイメージを不正に入手するユーザーが少ないことも後押しになったとか・・・。
The reason why upcoming big RPG title "D" missed this winter's release is the software maker "S" have been secretaly developping its PSP version simultaneously.
So leaked by a transporter of major delivery company.
It's all because of New PSP's robust sales, instead of poor sales performances how those RPGs did on DS.
Also compared to DS, there arn't much users who get these ROM images illegally on PSP.

And according to these rumors, Kojima bought a Corvette for $85k in cash. :lol

Top Bottom