• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamelabo "RUMORS" (ie full of shit that was consumed for brunch)

ethelred said:
Those sales don't tell us much, though. A Dragon Quest game would sell well on any system.

My point was more that DQMJ did amazing on the DS, and I'm more attacking the notion that RPG sales from SE on the DS have been weak (just because Chocobo Tales and Heroes of Mana bombed doesn't mean that DQIX will).

A Link to the Snitch said:
My point was more that DQMJ did amazing on the DS, and I'm more attacking the notion that RPG sales from SE on the DS have been weak (just because Chocobo Tales and Heroes of Mana bombed doesn't mean that DQIX will).

Who's saying it will bomb on the DS? Most people expect it to be the best selling game since forever in Japan.

It sounded more like you were attacking the sales potential of the PSP than defending the DS.

laserbeam

Banned
jj984jj said:
It probably is then, they lurk on 2ch all the time and probably got the scans from there as well.

I doubt they'd use any of those games to make this decision.

Did I miss an interview? They want to support all platforms equally, not release games multi-platform, the only game that they have in the works that is coming out on multiple platforms is The Last Remnant.

He did mention the desire for more multi platform but it was clearly mentioned in regards to home Consoles and it makes sense.

They cant make shit for money if they stick to PS3 only. The Days of Sony Having powerpoint slides saying haha we sold 30 million before they sold 10 are over and SE knows if it wants to make a buck backing sony only is not the way to go

Forgotten Ancient said:
Who's saying it will bomb on the DS? Most people expect it to be the best selling game since forever in Japan.

It sounded more like you were attacking the sales potential of the PSP than defending the DS.

If it came out that way, that's not what I intended. Simply put, I don't think there's any more reason to put DQIX on PSP than any other game, especially when it's the one game that's definitely going to do incredibly.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
GhostSeed said:
Yes, these are definitely from Gamelabo. Here is a pict from the rumor section from the May 2006 issue I have.

Exact same font and everything.

(May 2006 Issue)
gamelabo2006.jpg
Apparently this is still be discussed so this post needs to be quoted. I expect ***** and the-MagicBox to post them still though, and some GFAQers to still believe that this'll happen.

A Link to the Snitch said:
If it came out that way, that's not what I intended. Simply put, I don't think there's any more reason to put DQIX on PSP than any other game, especially when it's the one game that's definitely going to do incredibly.

Isn't that a pretty good reason?

jj984jj said:
Apparently this is still be discussed so this post needs to be quoted. I expect ***** and the-MagicBox to post them still though, and some GFAQers to still believe that this'll happen.

I know Gamelabo rumours have a very proor track record, but has any of their rumours ever come to fruition?

Forgotten Ancient said:

The rationale provided was that some games underperformed, so they'll take the one that won't and make it multi-console.

Anyway, it doesn't matter - the whole point was that the rationale was silly. Most SE DS games do NOT underperform, so I don't see this rumor being true. If they wanted to make more money by making it multi-console, I could see that making sense. But the idea that they HAD to make DQIX on PSP just seems silly.

jj984jj said:

Oh, nm on discussing it then. I guess that the whole "old fake rumors" reasoning is better reason to disbelieve these, huh?

A Jump RPG by Squenix sounds great, but I'd never get to play it. Unlike Ultimate Stars (which is awesome) there's no way in hell I would be able to stumble my way through an untranslated RPG. I don't speak no languages

1. New version of DS next spring, with a mobile digital TV/radio tuner. =/
2. Square Enix make a RPG for DS with Shonen JUMP characters. Lots of Gintama please!:D
3. DQ 9 also available for PSP. What?

Dragona Akehi said:
Just so you guys know, this is from GameLabo, who is possibly the worst rumourmongers to ever grace the gaming industry.

I was pretty sure it was too good to be true.

Does anybody have an examples of prior rumors Gamelabo put together? Are they even worse than Spo**?

Chumly

Forgotten Ancient said:

Does anybody have an examples of prior rumors Gamelabo put together? Are they even worse than Spo**?
The only rumors of theirs that come true is if its by accident.

Dragona Akehi said:
Just so you guys know, this is from GameLabo, who is possibly the worst rumourmongers to ever grace the gaming industry.

I think most of the people populating the thread know already.

Barakov

ThirdEye said:
What's the track record of Gamelabo... did they ever predict anything correctly?

Dragona Akehi said:

There's your answer, I guess.

Old GameLabo rumors:
- Nintendo releasing Wii external hard drive
- Afrika PS3 will come with a carpet with touch capabilities, and it will be released before Wii Fit.
- Sony will release a converter to use PS2 controllers on PS3
- Nintendo will release Wii and DS in Famicom colors
- DQIV-VI DS remakes will come with online features

MrNibbles

Banned
I want new DS.

Srsly.

I has a phat.

Makes me sad.

Want a Lite, but can't justify the $.

I'd buy a newer model if it had:

Lite's screens.
802.11g and WPA2.
Better battery (always want better batter).

Remove the GBA slot and replace it with an SD slot?
Yeah, there are a few uses for the GBA slot, but cmon.

Hell, I'd be happy with a beefed up DS - more memory, faster processors, and higher res screens. Just make sure all the old stuff works on it (options for centering or scaling, etc).

The DS is awesome, but it DOES look like ass (graphics wise) compared to the PSP.

Oh wait - I got it.

DSWide

Forgotten Ancient said:

No, that's a freaking terrible reason. DQ9 is on DS originally because Horii wants it there. If business is going to override that, it's going to be for a concrete reason like "but it will sell better over here." Since it won't sell better by being on PSP, there's no business reason to do something other than what Horii wants and spend more money on developing it.

lyre

charlequin said:
No, that's a freaking terrible reason. DQ9 is on DS originally because Horii wants it there. If business is going to override that, it's going to be for a concrete reason like "but it will sell better over here." Since it won't sell better by being on PSP, there's no business reason to do something other than what Horii wants and spend more money on developing it.
I agree. If that were to happen, next thing you know, there will be guys asking for the main FF13 game to be released on the Wii ...

thebishop: I fail to see how some shots of PlayStation(r) 3 games on a Sony branded Playstation(r) 3 has anything to do with the Crisis Core engine that's found on a Sony PlayStation(r) Portable.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Forgotten Ancient said:

Super GT/Scud Race would be the last Dreamcast game released

Gamelabo makes Spo** look like Dateline NBC

Top Bottom