• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass is ruining gaming for me

BigLee74

Self control. Dabble in a few, see what takes your fancy, stick with it.

Have just completed Plagues Tale and Little Nightmares using this approach, and now on Mirrors Edge Catalyst.

Poop!

Yes, I hate that my young children who burn though games like a hot knife through butter have hundreds of games to play and I don't have to spend a single penny outside of the sub. I HATE that.......................................

Harts316

I had the same issue.

The way I deal with it is just to try everything that looks interesting. If I play for a few hours and don't feel compelled to go back to it, I just move on to the next game. It reminds me of the old days of renting games from Blockbuster.

Topher

Gold Member
Possible solution: subscribe for a limited time, like 3 months, plan which games to play, and you will see your true commitment level :messenger_grinning:

I've played and finished some games in my last month of 6 months long subscription. I agree, it makes you drop games easily if you don't like them that much(like outer worlds, bloodstained, halo series, sea of thieves, phoenix point etc.). I rarerly drop games that i purchased, it feels like i'm throwing money out of the window. But that thought makes you play boring games till the end and creates a huge backlog so i don't know which way is good.

As a side note, i dropped FF 7 remake too, because it came from PS plus sub and i didn't like it that much.

That's the best way to go, imo. Don't stay subscribed. Subscribe when there is a game available that you would have bought outright.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
There is a podcast that that touched on that topic in context of CD's vs music streaming.

I don't see the argument (not saying that you are making it) that forcing yourself to spend more time with the game/song is a 'better' way to consume the media.

Yeah, i don't think it's a better way too. But when i buy a game with my money, i just can't let that game go easily, forcing myself unintentionally to finish it, to get my money's worth back. With gamepass, you are paying for a service, and as long as you play games on it, you are getting what you paid for, no need to finish a particular game.

Gaming is very expensive in my country, maybe that has something to do with it.

I can't go back to music cd's, casette players etc btw. I hope game streaming will reach that level someday.

Top Bottom