• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Gamereactor Sweden Removes Ellie (TLOU) From Cover

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sep 25, 2005

http://translate.google.com/transla...tp://www.gamereactor.se/tidningen/103&act=url

Don't know if this has been posted yet but here's the original.

Moofers

Apr 15, 2010
Also, why is Joel bald, and why is his melee weapon now a machine gun? And who put those explosions in the background? And where the hell did those bikini models come from?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty, both because it invizibilizes a non-tokenized girl character (which are so few and far between), and because it apparently was done without the consent of Naughty Dog.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sep 14, 2005
Osaka, Japan
www.playism-games.com
Is there a version of that art with Ellie in it? Curious to see if they photoshop'd her out, or merely cropped her out of frame.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Feb 2, 2005
It's almost like there's sexism in the gaming industry.

No, that can't be it.

Vee_One

Oct 9, 2011
Woah guys, might just be the fact that the cover looks nice and centered. I agree it's odd but without seeing the original that cover looks good.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mar 7, 2007
Maybe they thought the picture looked better with a single character, but it's probably sexism.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sep 25, 2005
Is there a version of that art with Ellie in it? Curious to see if they photoshop'd her out, or merely cropped her out of frame.

They probably sent a layered PSD and they just turned off the Ellie layer.

Beth Cyra

Nov 7, 2009
Oregon
What a weird thing to do. Granted I'm not going to get up in arms over the girl part, I haven't played the game so I have no idea about the character, however to do this and insult the developer like that is just bullshit.

If ND gave them a pic to be used that had both characters, then it should have both damn characters.