• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

It could either be me, or just be site matinence, but...

Just logged in to the Best Buy site, and not only does it not show my 6-year membership, but doesn't apply the discount automatically to my games. I ordered some stuff a week ago with the discount and they arrived today, but after logging in my discount isn't being applied.

I'm not ordering anything until Saturday, so if I haven't figured it out by then I'll chat with site help.

I don't see my GCU status either but I do see the discount when I add games to the cart.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't see my GCU status either but I do see the discount when I add games to the cart.
Same here; it's been like this for a few days now for me. It also works in store.

WarpathDC

Same here; it's been like this for a few days now for me. It also works in store.

They had to manually price adjust smash bros for me today. BBs systems are a joke (kind of ironic actually)

The trade ins only work half the time in my store as well.

There's an extra 50% trade in credit currently, but the values are exceptionally low, can't be a coincidence. For instance Farcry 4's trade in value is 28 and Shadow of Mordor was 17.

ViciousDS

Banned
went in today, traded in metro redux and sniper elite for $40...wasn't bad considering both went on sale new for that price tonight lol.

Use a $20 reward cert and my gift card which still has about $10 left on it when I bought FC4. Fucking love this shit every time. I have spent probably under $100 due to promos and certs from points in the last month for

Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 2, DA:I, FC4, and Assassins Creed Unity.

Did anyone figure out why GCU doesnt show on my account anymore? the discount is working but I can't see when it ends or anything.

also I have negative rewards points? WTF BESTBUY

I have a question. If I have enough points to issue a certificate but I don't, do the points expire in 2 months like they do for certificates? I have enough points for a certificate but I want to wait till February to use them.

inner-G

Banned
Getting 2 years of this for $11 is my steal of the year. The crappy android phone that came with it has a decent speaker, so its also good for Pandora while I clean the house.

Looking fwd to combining this with the B2G1 next week!

I have a question. If I have enough points to issue a certificate but I don't, do the points expire in 2 months like they do for certificates? I have enough points for a certificate but I want to wait till February to use them.

Only Elite and Elite+ my bestbuy members can "bank" points. If you are not elite or elite+, then you have to pick a amount to auto-issue certificates at. The highest amount [that takes the longest to reach] is $20 [or 1000 points]. Thus once you reach 1000 points, you will be auto-issued a $20 rewards certificate if that's how yours is set up. That auto-issued reward certificate will have the standard expiration date of 2 months on it.

If you are elite or elite+ you can "bank" points until you are ready to use them.

Joei

For anyone interested, Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition for Wii U is on sale for $10.99 at Best Buy. With GCU it brings the price to $8.79, and with a $5 rewards certificate (I'm sure with all the games and Amiibo we've been buying, a lot of us have some extra certificates floating around), we're looking at $3.79 + tax and free shipping. I've heard nothing but great things about this version and the way the Gamepad was included. Plus, it has all the DLC that was released for the game. I couldn't resist ordering it for that price.

seat

I haven't yet received my $10 preorder reward certificate for my PS4 Dragon Age Inquisition preorder/purchase. Is anyone else in the same boat? It only took a few days for it to show up after I picked up AC Unity.

I haven't yet received my $10 preorder reward certificate for my PS4 Dragon Age Inquisition preorder/purchase. Is anyone else in the same boat? It only took a few days for it to show up after I picked up AC Unity.
I thought it's supposed to show after 30 days, when you can no longer return it?

Lemstar

DA:I wasn't on the list, was it?

DedValve

Banned
whats the email subject they send you when you sign up and get the codes of buy 2 used games get the third one free? I've been searching all emails bestbuy sent me and can't find it....

OneUh8

Does the 20% off not work if you price match a game? I was dealing with a new employee yesterday that clearly was new, but when she price matched a game with Amazon, I did not get the extra 20%. She told me if you price match you don't get it.

Jamix012

Does the 20% off not work if you price match a game? I was dealing with a new employee yesterday that clearly was new, but when she price matched a game with Amazon, I did not get the extra 20%. She told me if you price match you don't get it.

That's correct, you don't get both the price match and the 20% off.

Only Elite and Elite+ my bestbuy members can "bank" points. If you are not elite or elite+, then you have to pick a amount to auto-issue certificates at. The highest amount [that takes the longest to reach] is $20 [or 1000 points]. Thus once you reach 1000 points, you will be auto-issued a $20 rewards certificate if that's how yours is set up. That auto-issued reward certificate will have the standard expiration date of 2 months on it.

If you are elite or elite+ you can "bank" points until you are ready to use them.

Okay, thanks. so I don't have to worry about anything expiring until it hits a 1000 points and automatically giving me the $20 certificate? Cause I'm about to hit 1000 points as soon as I get the points back from the games I bought over black friday.

Points will accumulate, and you'll probably get a $15 dollar coupon in a couple of weeks.

Okay, thanks. so I don't have to worry about anything expiring until it hits a 1000 points and automatically giving me the $20 certificate? Cause I'm about to hit 1000 points as soon as I get the points back from the games I bought over black friday.

Yes that is correct. You don't have to worry about your rewards certificates expiring until one is issued to you [either through your own actions manually or auto-issuance]

Assuming you've set your reward certificates auto-issuance at $20 [1000 points]? The default might be $10 or $15 for instance

Well, shit. I looked it up and it appears you're right. I'm not sure why I thought it was one of the qualifying games. Could've sworn it was.
I think it was. It's the only reason I preordered it. Then my buddy told me it wasn't and I was like wtf...I'm going to screenshot that page every time I pre-order from now on lol

TomShoe

Banned
This has been a good week.

Destiny, Dragon Age, and Call of Duty for $100 - $60 (Traded in Destiny & CoD PS3) = $40.

Saved $140. Man, I love GCU.

Vercimber

Heads up, everyone. Apparently the $30 for a 2 yr GCU is coming back 12/21-12/24:

10393732_1619122368315723_3095265707499013418_n.jpg

Vercimber

Is that in store or online?

I believe you have to initiate it in store, but then you can use the 20% off online. Someone elucidate if I'm wrong.

I think I'm going to bite. I've been Amazon'in it forever, and this deal is simply too good, as I admittedly buy most of my stuff new.

5amshift

Banned
Can anybody tell me if reserving games on BestBuy.com charges you at checkout or not until the game releases?

Terminal for preordering is down at my local one, so online is the only option.

Can anybody tell me if reserving games on BestBuy.com charges you at checkout or not until the game releases?

Terminal for preordering is down at my local one, so online is the only option.
Only charged when it ships. You usually get a pre authorization charge that goes away in a few days though.

KingV

I love my GCU, but good god Best Buy must be one of the worst retail stores in existence.

1) the employees are always clueless. Nearly every time I go in, they don't ask for my reward information, and I have to prompt them, or they don't know how to process a trade-in. The sales staff is just under trained.

2) they don't put stuff on shelf. I often have to ask if they have a game, only to find out they do in fact have it, but it's in the back.

3) they don't list their sales prices in-store. I can go to every other store on the planet, and see the sale items sale price right in front of the item, but at Best Buy I get there and am all confused about whether or not this is actually on sale until I go grab the ad from the front of the store to confirm it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I love my GCU, but good god Best Buy must be one of the worst retail stores in existence.

1) the employees are always clueless. Nearly every time I go in, they don't ask for my reward information, and I have to prompt them, or they don't know how to process a trade-in. The sales staff is just under trained.

2) they don't put stuff on shelf. I often have to ask if they have a game, only to find out they do in fact have it, but it's in the back.

3) they don't list their sales prices in-store. I can go to every other store on the planet, and see the sale items sale price right in front of the item, but at Best Buy I get there and am all confused about whether or not this is actually on sale until I go grab the ad from the front of the store to confirm it.

Yep. My experience in store is less than stellar, but I plan to mostly just use GCU online anyway. Of course my online orders are also 0-2 in arriving on time, but one of those was not Best Buy's fault.

Carnby

I love my discount, but I hate shopping at Best Buy.

Yeah my shopping experiences are fairly bad at Best Buy but the value of GCU more than makes up for their general incompetence.

Probably helps that I have like 8 years for ~$30

Are these just cards you find near the cash register? I'm definitely going there on 12/21 and signing up. Been waiting for a deal since I missed that last one.

If they're not by the register, they'll be at the video games section along with other cards (PS+, Xbox Live, etc.)

Top Bottom