• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers need to start boycotting Game Companies!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Holy shit you people are batshit crazy. It consumes your life doesn't it, do you stay awake at night muttering about the insipid uprising of equality and social rights movements? Are the games hurting you? Are you okay?

I will agree in the context of shit releases being broken and just expecting consumers to grin and bear it. Obviously developers and publishers can not delay further due to budget costs ballooning on bigger titles, but the damage is clearly being done. Whether it's a case of bigger ideas catching up with limited returns on hardware advancement, or lack of developer bug squashing who knows.

What I do know, is the agendas that people so vehemently hate on a political scale are doing fuck all to the games industry. The games industry was already a social movement in and of itself, and I'm sorry that people who are snowflakes to allowing others to live freely feel the need to suddenly be concerned.

An individual's view on a game is very much their own personal view, and by pushing that "agenda" onto others it doesn't allow for freedom of thinking but instead a mob mentality. The same mentality that is apparently oh so bad in other certain social discussions. Ironic hey?
A bad product is a a bad product. The only real way we can voice our opinion on how the industry is swaying is with our wallets. The bigger issue is their focus on political views and greed are making the product works. It affects all of all because we are seeing less quality games. Sending a message this bullshit will no longer be tolerated will make the industry much better in the long run. Companies are asking for more money for their games, they should be held to quality standards. If you want to bury your head in the sand that is your choice. I refuse to support Broken boring products any more.

Sinfulgore

A bad product is a a bad product. The only real way we can voice our opinion on how the industry is swaying is with our wallets. The bigger issue is their focus on political views and greed are making the product works. It affects all of all because we are seeing less quality games. Sending a message this bullshit will no longer be tolerated will make the industry much better in the long run. Companies are asking for more money for their games, they should be held to quality standards. If you want to bury your head in the sand that is your choice. I refuse to support Broken boring products any more.
I agree. I'm surprised you are getting so much pushback on this. I'm not sure if a full-on boycott is necessary but gamers need to stand up to these developers releasing unfinished games and let them know this won't be tolerated like we did about online passes back in 360/PS3 era. No other industry could get away with all the crap video game developers are doing nowadays.

Ozzie666

Noble idea, but you'll always have those who continue to support the FIFA and Maddens of the world and the microtransactions that go with it. You'll always have stories like Cyberpunk 2077 and its overall success. Companies will continue to bend us over; we will continue to like it. This is gaming. All in the name of profits. Sony and Microsoft's approval process could do a better job with letting some broken games through.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Spot on the money! The only way I can have my voice heard is with my wallet. I refused to hear or watch all the virtue signaling these big companies are pushing. Hell if cancel culture can work for the Left, I believe proper boycotts can steer a company. The game industy is in a very sad state. Companies like Nintendo are few and very far between. People seem to have accepted their lackluster mediocre games. The only way to change things is with your wallet. Going with the status Quo or bitching online solves nothing. Money is the only langue big companies speak. Unfortunately gaming has shifted much more towards a business.
I personally don't get the logic behind it.

- A small minority bitch and demand changes and representation and inclusion.
- Company gives in to the demands & goes OTT with their virtue signalling to the point of being predictable so they don't called names on the internet by people who wasn't buying their products in the first place

- People who buy their products starts to get annoyed with woke shit being rammed down their throats and just want quality products with inclusion but without the virtue signalling.
- Gets told they don't have to buy it and it's not gonna change

The pure arrogance of it astound me
Spock Encerio GIF

Gamer79

I personally don't get the logic behind it.

- A small minority bitch and demand changes and representation and inclusion.
- Company gives in to the demands & goes OTT with their virtue signalling to the point of being predictable so they don't called names on the internet by people who wasn't buying their products in the first place

- People who buy their products starts to get annoyed with woke shit being rammed down their throats and just want quality products with inclusion but without the virtue signalling.
- Gets told they don't have to buy it and it's not gonna change

The pure arrogance of it astound me
Spock Encerio GIF
Many of these companies are seeing a wake up call. Leave the bullshit politics out of entertainment and business.

Holly Woke : The sheer amount of garbage coming out recently. Is astounding. Losing billions of dollars from these woke films. It is almost impossible to watch a modern movie without seeing the virtue signaling of the alphabet people agenda. The LGBTQ community is far less than 20% of the population but put into 100% of movies. Disney alone is reeking up the box office with woke film after woke film. Their only good product lately is Guardians 3 and only because James Gunn does not direct woke films. See the Woman king as a prime example of a modern Hollywood film. Just Garbage

TV shows: Same above as movies. Every show has to have woke virtue signaling. The writers have the nerve to go on strike. I say let them rot.

Bud light : They take your typical customer who is a good Ole boy and give them a big middle finger.

Target: Targeting satanic lqbtqiaxyz clothes for kids Terrible

What have they all in common? All have lost billions when the paying customer said enough is enough. If Gamers stopped buying these modern broken shit games it will force games to be better. BTW, all those boycotts above started with one post.

I personally could not care how anyone lives their lifestyle. I care when it's shoved down my throat.

Eotheod

Many of these companies are seeing a wake up call. Leave the bullshit politics out of entertainment and business.

Holly Woke : The sheer amount of garbage coming out recently. Is astounding. Losing billions of dollars from these woke films. It is almost impossible to watch a modern movie without seeing the virtue signaling of the alphabet people agenda. The LGBTQ community is far less than 20% of the population but put into 100% of movies. Disney alone is reeking up the box office with woke film after woke film. Their only good product lately is Guardians 3 and only because James Gunn does not direct woke films. See the Woman king as a prime example of a modern Hollywood film. Just Garbage

TV shows: Same above as movies. Every show has to have woke virtue signaling. The writers have the nerve to go on strike. I say let them rot.

Bud light : They take your typical customer who is a good Ole boy and give them a big middle finger.

Target: Targeting satanic lqbtqiaxyz clothes for kids Terrible

What have they all in common? All have lost billions when the paying customer said enough is enough. If Gamers stopped buying these modern broken shit games it will force games to be better. BTW, all those boycotts above started with one post.

I personally could not care how anyone lives their lifestyle. I care when it's shoved down my throat.
Dude, you need to stop with your whacko psycho obsession with minority groups who have it rough enough. There's a reason there's more presence of these groups in games, media and general discussion, it's because of social worldwide movements. It's literally how we as society evolve, by collectively as a majority realising being closed minded gets us no where but a race to the bottom.

Maybe take a step back from it all, it truly sounds like you are being mentally affected by this to the point of deep end tinfoil hat shit. Calling trans/LGBT support and recognition demonic is kinda fucked up. Consider the large majority of marketing for video games and other media has been your pretty standard average person, having a ad out of probably 600 is not the end of the world.

Also, maybe don't take everything as gospel truth. Dissect discussions, align views across a wide range of evidence-based critical thinking to ensure you have an appropriate understanding of what it is you are talking about. 9 times out of 10 you are probably talking out your ass on these topics or spouting someone else's opinion that probably originated from their ass.

Gamer79

Dude, you need to stop with your whacko psycho obsession with minority groups who have it rough enough. There's a reason there's more presence of these groups in games, media and general discussion, it's because of social worldwide movements. It's literally how we as society evolve, by collectively as a majority realising being closed minded gets us no where but a race to the bottom.

Maybe take a step back from it all, it truly sounds like you are being mentally affected by this to the point of deep end tinfoil hat shit. Calling trans/LGBT support and recognition demonic is kinda fucked up. Consider the large majority of marketing for video games and other media has been your pretty standard average person, having a ad out of probably 600 is not the end of the world.

Also, maybe don't take everything as gospel truth. Dissect discussions, align views across a wide range of evidence-based critical thinking to ensure you have an appropriate understanding of what it is you are talking about. 9 times out of 10 you are probably talking out your ass on these topics or spouting someone else's opinion that probably originated from their ass.
Spoken like a true liberal. I do not respect your opinion.

Tsaki

Witcher 3 is in my top 3 games of all time. But since Cyberpunk launch happened, I won't be preordering Witcher 4. I'll wait for reviews and if it's good then I'll buy it. I won't boycott CDPR for the sins of Cyberpunk though.

Allandor

...People are sick of the ultra left wing companies shoving their woke agendas into Everything...
Come on ... First you talk about broken games, than you try it with your world view...
Stay with one but not start with one and than argument with another.

If you don't like a game, don't buy/play it. Not all games must fit into your world view, and that is totally fine.

People really need to stop preorder games, than after a while more games will automatically be less broken on launch.
Problem is, there are way to many people that just preorder stuff because of some promised goodies.

Last edited:

Tams

I don't do boycotts. I just don't buy shite...

Except for my garden and then it has to be good shite.

mopspear

I just have a bigger and bigger list of people I don't buy stuff from nowadays. There are always other games to play, and other companies to use. There's other ways I can spend my time. The only company I feel "forced" to interact with is Google due to my YouTube addiction.

DeVeAn

Yeah OP I feel you. Just do your thing and avoid spending money on those products. Hopefully more people will do the same and these companies turn it around like Capcom did. Capcom is on fire lately. Good quality stuff.

Top Bottom