• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you're on a moving elevator with enemies continuously dropping onto it

Igama

Neo Member
There was a Mickey Mouse game on the PS1 that I played when I was a kid, and it had this lol. Can't find a screenshot though.

faint.

A really early childhood memory I have playing this type of level for the first time is the "Tower of Orthanc" level from LOTR: The Two Towers. It's more of a "sit on a platform and endure 20 rounds of enemies" but the setup is very similar to that of an elevator scene.

I'd reply it over and over especially once I unlocked ultimate health and all that after beating the game. It was so much fun using fire arrows / swords to my heart content!

Stranya

This is it from GoW2 and is terrible what with having to turn a crank to get the bottom before the spikes from the ceiling coming down kill you whilst fighting off skeletons.
hqdefault.jpg
This part was sooooo bloody frustrating.

bjork

There's a Sailor Moon Mega Drive game that has it, and it's awesome because you can just throw the guys through the glass and over the side repeatedly.

Shinobi 3 had one of these, with dudes also lurking in nearby vents.

I was also replaying Mario 3d land the other day and it used this trope in the first level of world 5 I think, desert cliff stage.

The shmup Einhander has a segemt where you traverse down an elavator shaft, but the elevator itself is above you. I deploys enemies and if it's destroyed a bunch of trash falls out of it.

I recall distinctly in Resident Evil 4,in a section somewhat before your first and last battle w/ Salazar, there's such an elevator you take in which lots of enemies drop into it, which are backed up by crossbow snipers from the surroundings...one of the hardest sections of the game sometimes for me

hqdefault.jpg

Nobody mentioned MGS1?!

Those are, like, the most chivalrous enemies ever.

They just stand next to him until he puzzles out that they're there, and even after he figures it out still have the decency to announce their presence. And then instead of just shooting him run around like clowns.

AllEchse

Halo 2 had several IIRC. Usually the elevator would be fairly large and even feature some cover, and flood would drop in on you.

There's one part where some invisible guards ambush you in an elevator.

After Halo 1 it felt like Halo 2 was elevator ambush the game.

It was like every encounter was that.

mitch1971

Darksiders has it too at some point in the Black Throne area.

Darksiders 2 had a similar 100 wave scenario where you are on a circular platform, not really an elevator, but....

Resi 5 had an elevator sequence, but enemies spawned around it, rather than on it.

balohna

Came in this thread to post a few good examples, all of them got posted. Cool.

I think Halo 5 had something like this? Or maybe you were just on a stationary platform? I rembered not liking it though. Their horde levels weren't very good IMO.

Warhammer 40k: Kill Team is an underrated twin stick shooter. At one point, you find yourself on an elevator fighting Tyranids that drop in over and over.

Very fun couch co op game!

Noobcraft

Came in this thread to post a few good examples, all of them got posted. Cool.

I think Halo 5 had something like this? Or maybe you were just on a stationary platform? I rembered not liking it though. Their horde levels weren't very good IMO.
Yes Halo 5 had one, it wasn't too difficult though because the elevator had tons of cover, weapons, and was huge.

Top Bottom