• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you're on a moving elevator with enemies continuously dropping onto it

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ghouls n ghosts
ybsp4v2a

edgefusion

Plenty of games do it, but I can only think of one example where it's done well and that's Titanfall 2. You're on a platform that is having a house/furniture built on it as it moves through a giant facility before it's eventually assembled into a pre-fab town that you have a shoot-out in. Extremely cool set-piece.

Cyanity

Banned
DMC3

Didn't mind it at all

DMC3 was great because the enemies all added to the weight on the elevator, so if you failed to kill them fast enough it would drop back to the bottom of the room, forcing you to start again. It adsed stakes and tension to the situation.

Plenty of games do it, but I can only think of one example where it's done well and that's Titanfall 2. You're on a platform that is having a house/furniture built on it as it moves through a giant facility before it's eventually assembled into a pre-fab town that you have a shoot-out in. Extremely cool set-piece.

Great. Now I want to replay Titanfall 2.

Super Mario 3D World had such a level, you had to avoid spiky balls of varying size as they fell onto the rising platform and rolled in every direction. Believe it was in the Desert world.

Top Bottom