• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

PS1 or PS2 game unsure. I was at my cousins house with my parents and when I went into my cousins room he was playing an RPG where at that point in the game he had just arrived to a beach area and he was being attacked by these shadow creatures. That's as much as I can remember about the game, I remeber him playing it on the PS2 but wasn't sure if it was PS1 or 2, the PS2 itself had recently just come out a few months ago when I saw the game.

Phediuk

My first ever RPGs I played. Was on nes or snes, what I remember most is being stuck for days, til I finally lucked into moving forward. I did that by being on a ship, sailing around til I found this circular rock formation in the middle of the ocean, that I could navigate into, and the game finally continued on.

I always remembered it as ultima something, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong?

It was your typical party based jrpg, turn based attacks, over world travel. One day I will find this game and play it again!

Sounds like Ultima Exodus to me.

dickroach

PS1 or PS2 game unsure. I was at my cousins house with my parents and when I went into my cousins room he was playing an RPG where at that point in the game he had just arrived to a beach area and he was being attacked by these shadow creatures. That's as much as I can remember about the game, I remeber him playing it on the PS2 but wasn't sure if it was PS1 or 2.

the beginning of Kingdom Hearts?

Lurch666

I remember playing some super early PC fps back in the day of 00's. It had vector like graphics and a blue,yellow color scheme. Don't remember much else other than I think it had an elevator and maybe bots you could manage.

Corporation?

cyber-cop-03.png

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
God I doubt it's made for Linux, I used to play it at my uncles on his computer long ago like late 90's I think maybe 98ish. it was probably one of my favorite RTS games of all times that's long lost. it was a star craft looking game less age of empire more spacey you know? maybe more command and conquer all I barely remember anything about it other than there was two games and it had rain in the name, and I couldn't really find another RTS that made me happy since.

God I doubt it's made for Linux, I used to play it at my uncles on his computer long ago like late 90's I think maybe 98ish. it was probably one of my favorite RTS games of all times that's long lost. it was a star craft looking game less age of empire more spacey you know? maybe more command and conquer all I barely remember anything about it other than there was two games and it had rain in the name, and I couldn't really find another RTS that made me happy since.

Dark Reign

lazygecko

I am trying to remember the name of a mid 90's PC game I had. It was a 3D vehicle based shooter, with IIRC mostly untextured simple shaded 3D geometry. I think you could choose from several types of vehicles, and there were some simple physics where they could be flipped upside down and stuff.

I am trying to remember the name of a mid 90's PC game I had. It was a 3D vehicle based shooter, with IIRC mostly untextured simple shaded 3D geometry. I think you could choose from several types of vehicles, and there were some simple physics where they could be flipped upside down and stuff.

This sounds like DeathDrome again which I just posted on the previous page.

Seligrafo

Here's something that'll probably be challenging. I remember playing this on a MAME emulator when I was 12.

You played as a character that I can only remember as Kuriboh from Yu-Gi-Oh, and your powers were based on bubbles. From what I remember, it was a platformer, but I really remember going down, rather than left or right. I think some enemies were submarines? My brain is also throwing "Sega" into the mix. It didn't seem very arcade-y, but it was included in this huge pack of MAME stuff, so I'm assuming it was, somewhere. More than likely Japanese.

Any ideas?

Inspirius

I remember playing a text adventure game back in the 80's on our Amstrad CPC 464. The game started off in a house where you would find a few items, open drawers etc. before you went out into the garden and then off to a castle/dungeon.

I can remember that you could move diagonally and up/down and that if you used a 'look' command it would draw what you could see as a vector graphic type view.

Maybe Cyberbykes.

Here's something that'll probably be challenging. I remember playing this on a MAME emulator when I was 12.

You played as a character that I can only remember as Kuriboh from Yu-Gi-Oh, and your powers were based on bubbles. From what I remember, it was a platformer, but I really remember going down, rather than left or right. I think some enemies were submarines? My brain is also throwing "Sega" into the mix. It didn't seem very arcade-y, but it was included in this huge pack of MAME stuff, so I'm assuming it was, somewhere. More than likely Japanese.

Any ideas?

Kinda sounds like Liquid Kids.

Any ideas?

I would have assumed Fury of the Furries, but that was only Amiga and computers if I remember correctly.

jimboton

Assault Rigs?

Years ago I played a bishoujo game on PC. I think it took place at a summer camp. A couple years later I discovered Neon Genesis Evangelion and realized the bishoujo game had used characters from NGE, though they may have been renamed or tweaked a bit. I don't believe it was related to NGE except for using the character designs.

Maybe vector isn't the right word.

Ok, think of the planes of the world as the 3d outlines you get when you would target an enemy in fallout with VATS, except blue.

I'm blanking out on PC FPS games with vector graphics right now, I'm assuming it looked something like Mercenary, Tau Ceti, The Colony or the VR sections in System Shock?

Was it newer/more modern than these games, any textures, was it actually an FPS in terms of gameplay (Doom-like shooter) or was it an adventure of some sort maybe (you mentioned managing some robots)?

Saven

Banned
There was this monster truck racing game that I remember playing on the Genesis once as a kid. It had a top down view and I think you could see the entire track on a single screen. After the race (if you won), you got to pose with some girls for a picture on the first place podium while the other racers stood on the second and third place podiums. Your racer always wore red too IIRC.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found it. It was Super Off-Road Racing.

bren

Neo Member
Turn-based tactics game on the PS1 (possibly PS2). You had a party of Digimon-like monsters. I only remember two levels, one was in a castle, one outdoors/garden. I think the environments were rotatable & 3D but the monsters were sprites.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm blanking out on PC FPS games with vector graphics right now, I'm assuming it looked something like Mercenary, Tau Ceti, The Colony or the VR sections in System Shock?

Was it newer/more modern than these games, any textures, was it actually an FPS in terms of gameplay (Doom-like shooter) or was it an adventure of some sort maybe (you mentioned managing some robots)?

It seemed to be very much like a standard scifi fps more and I believe it had a way lower framerate, and no overall andventure. By bots I mean AI enemies. Slightly newer than these game. I thought it was a nerf pc game but i looked at gameplay vids and realized it was not.
Well if you cant find anything, ill go back to the old games wiki.

There's a game i saw a trailer for a while ago but i can't remember much of it at all. It was some sort of upcoming or recent 2D (pixel-ish graphics) survival game set in a post-apocolyptic modern day setting, there may have been zombies but I'm not sure. The trailer involved a person in a hotel or skyscraper or something like that, with the trailer involving having them leave their room to find things to survive. I know that's not a lot to go on, but does anyone have any ideas what it could be? It's not sheltered, although it does look similar to that.

There's a game i saw a trailer for a while ago but i can't remember much of it at all. It was some sort of upcoming or recent 2D (pixel-ish graphics) survival game set in a post-apocolyptic modern day setting, there may have been zombies but I'm not sure. The trailer involved a person in a hotel or skyscraper or something like that, with the trailer involving having them leave their room to find things to survive. I know that's not a lot to go on, but does anyone have any ideas what it could be? It's not sheltered, although it does look similar to that.

Sounds like 'Lone Survivor' is what you are looking for.

OnPoint

My girlfriend remembers a game she played on the US Sega Channel but doesn't have many details to go on. Here's what we got:

• It's like Castlevania, kinda
  • We looked at Gargoyles, and it was similar in style at first, but that isn't it
  • 2D, sidescrolling action platformer
  • Gothic
  • Not a brawler
  • At one point there was a huge gargoyle in the background, level 3 or 4 maybe? It was gray?
  • Not Monster Boy, Jewel Master, Valis, Mazin Saga, Ghouls N Ghosts

Anyone got any ideas?

KillySG10

Neo Member
Anyone got any ideas?

Castlevania like and gothic, makes me think of Chakan The Forever Man, but i never played it, so i don't really know, just guessing here.

EDIT: It could also just be Castlevania: Bloodlines, the only Castlevania on the genesis, but im guessing you checked that already, but you didn't mention it, so im just throwing it out there.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So it was an overhead 3D shmup where you controlled a dude who shot regular people and robots. The most vivid detail I remember is that you had some plasma gun that shot green energy balls at the enemies

Now, I found videos of a game called Expendable, it sort of fits but I remember the green plasma ball gun so well.
Here's a video of it in case someone can think of a game that's similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpO6RFedkE

I might just be remembering things wrong and the game is the one in the video, but I'm not quite sure.

Maddux4163

Neo Member
Perfect thread. Please help.

you would see things happens, then you could change the course of those events. Like a murder, but then you could make the right choice and reverse it?

I recall one of the first "scenes". Was a drunk guy who I believe shot his girlfriend. But if you take away the gun, something else happens. Like he beats her or something.

Very frustrating not knowing this game.

I want to say it's 3rd person and released recently, like the past few years.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Perfect thread. Please help.

you would see things happens, then you could change the course of those events. Like a murder, but then you could make the right choice and reverse it?

I recall one of the first "scenes". Was a drunk guy who I believe shot his girlfriend. But if you take away the gun, something else happens. Like he beats her or something.

Very frustrating not knowing this game.

I want to say it's 3rd person and released recently, like the past few years.
Remember Me

So it was an overhead 3D shmup where you controlled a dude who shot regular people and robots. The most vivid detail I remember is that you had some plasma gun that shot green energy balls at the enemies

Now, I found videos of a game called Expendable, it sort of fits but I remember the green plasma ball gun so well.
Here's a video of it in case someone can think of a game that's similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpO6RFedkE

I might just be remembering things wrong and the game is the one in the video, but I'm not quite sure.

Maybe that Bruce Willis Apocalypse game? If it has the same kind of look.

Phediuk

My girlfriend remembers a game she played on the US Sega Channel but doesn't have many details to go on. Here's what we got:

• It's like Castlevania, kinda
  • We looked at Gargoyles, and it was similar in style at first, but that isn't it
  • 2D, sidescrolling action platformer
  • Gothic
  • Not a brawler
  • At one point there was a huge gargoyle in the background, level 3 or 4 maybe? It was gray?
  • Not Monster Boy, Jewel Master, Valis, Mazin Saga, Ghouls N Ghosts

Anyone got any ideas?

Warlock: https://youtu.be/CjrEwQyxwkc?t=3858

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Maybe that Bruce Willis Apocalypse game? If it has the same kind of look.

Yooooooo. It even has the green plasma ball guns. But the game doesn't appear to have a PC release. Which is odd! But it looks like it might be the game. I mean it might've been packed in an emulator wrapper or something. I remember it had a weird launcher with Spawn, so maybe that was some info about another emulator+game pack by the same dude, I remember there being a Spawn game on the PSX.

That must be it, because I even recognize the music. Thanks, you put an ancient mystery to rest :p

Top Bottom