• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

There's a game a used to play where you went around killing pigs dressed as cops. It used to petrify me.

That's literally all I remember about it.

Hi, really hoping you guys can help me out.

I'm trying to remember the names of some mods for the original Quake.

One of them was where you could add in bots of varying degrees of difficulty. I think it's the reaper mod from what I've googled, but were there others?

The other mod was were you had character classes, I always remember going as an engineer and building turrets, I think you upgrade them as well, like an old school team fortress I guess. I can't seem to find what I remember it as exactly on Google.

I would of played these around 1999/2000.

Second one will be the original Quake Fortress that Team Fortress is derived from.

mclem

I'm trying to remember the names of some mods for the original Quake.

One of them was where you could add in bots of varying degrees of difficulty. I think it's the reaper mod from what I've googled, but were there others?

There were a lot of Quake bot mods, I'm afraid. Omicron, Frikbot and Frog bot are three others

That said, I *think* Reaper is one of the earliest, so depending on when you're recalling, that's probably the most likely candidate.

Enforcer

I can't stop thinking about a game I saw announced at one point. It was like... A pixel-style game, where you had a homestead with your family, most of whom, if not all, were playable characters. (One a huntress, one a warrior etcetera)

And I seem to remember it having a kind of viking-esque aesthetic, although I might be completely misremembering in that regard. Does anyone have a clue as to what the game is called? Not even sure where it was announced, but I believe it was in 2014, so might've been TGS, Pax, E3 or Gamescom, if not something else entirely.

Cheers :)

Are you perhaps thinking of Children of Morta?

oti

Banned
PS1. 3rd-person-shooter. You wear a weird helmet and shoot at things. Pretty dark games but I think I remember some splash of red in it. No idea what this game's name was and I think it was on a demo disc. I think I can also remember a motorcycle or something?

Hopefully someone here can help me out, unfortunately I don't have much info to give but maybe someone knows?

A couple weeks ago I saw about 5 seconds from a youtube video of a game that looked very similar to yakuza, it seemed to be set in modern day japan and the characters I saw looked like japanese thugs. It's most likely japan exclusive and I would guess on the ps3, like I said the art style seemed to be very similar to the yakuza games and I think the game was also a brawler but I can't be sure.

Sorry, I know I didn't give much to go on but I have no other way to find out really :/

I had one of these experiances recently.

One day, i was looking for a RPG to play. I felt like going through the Ps2 collection, since there are so many. I remembered a action rpg that i had played on a demo disk, that had a chain system and that its characters were coloured Yellow, Blue and Red. You could combine their attacks and then unleash them on enemies.

Turns out, that game was Sword of Etheria, or OZ.

Rare as hell now though.

154614-Sword_of_Etheria,_The_(Europe)_(En,Fr,De,Es,It)-1.jpg

Hopefully someone here can help me out, unfortunately I don't have much info to give but maybe someone knows?

A couple weeks ago I saw about 5 seconds from a youtube video of a game that looked very similar to yakuza, it seemed to be set in modern day japan and the characters I saw looked like japanese thugs. It's most likely japan exclusive and I would guess on the ps3, like I said the art style seemed to be very similar to the yakuza games and I think the game was also a brawler but I can't be sure.

Sorry, I know I didn't give much to go on but I have no other way to find out really :/

Kenka Bancho?

RyanBankz

Neo Member
Sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread already. I'm trying to remember this game.

1. From the early-mid 90s
2. PC adventure puzzle game
3. Grid-based
4. There are spiders and snakes.
5. Boulders are placed strategically that you can free yourself/use to block enemies
6. Me & my sister used to call it "Pega" but I'm guessing that's not the correct name because I can't find any info on that title.

That's about all I can remember. Would love to see some gameplay on YouTube. Any help?? :)

mclem

Sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread already. I'm trying to remember this game.

1. From the early-mid 90s
2. PC adventure puzzle game
3. Grid-based
4. There are spiders and snakes.
5. Boulders are placed strategically that you can free yourself/use to block enemies
6. Me & my sister used to call it "Pega" but I'm guessing that's not the correct name because I can't find any info on that title.

That's about all I can remember. Would love to see some gameplay on YouTube. Any help?? :)

Probably Paganitzu.

bjork

Ir wasn't that either. I was eventually able to find the video and it turns out the game is called Crows: Burning Edge

The Crows manga is basically a turf war between high school students, dudes posturing to be the toughest in the town, etc. Lots of dudes punching each other or hitting each other with pipes, etc. It maybe doesn't look so hot visually, but I'm totally importing Burning Edge because the only other Crows game I've played is The Battle Action on Saturn and hoo-boy is it kinda dull.

woopWOOP

I vaguely remember this Japan-only SNES game where you control this red demon-looking character (an Oni I guess?) with a Zelda style top down view. I think it was a puzzle game?
For some reason I keep thinking it was one of those SNES Satellaview games too. I came across it long, long ago when checking random roms online.

Anyone might have an idea what this could've been called? And no, it's not Demon's Crest :p

BlueMagic

This is a tough one for you guys:

• The game is from around 2010-2012 (I believe)
  • It's at least for PC (and I think it was made in either Game Maker or Flash)
  • The game is kinda arcadey, it has a 2D side view like any platformer but everything occurs in the same screen. The character (which I think can be either a knight or some sort of magician?) moves on its own from left to right, and inverts direction when he reaches the end of the screen. I think you can jump but you can also attack with your sword or magic and you have to fight waves of enemies, after which you can upgrade stats or weapons I believe. I'm not sure if it's all about the score or if it has actual levels and stuff.
  • I'm pretty sure I found out about it here in Neogaf
  • It's an indie-ish game
  • Pixel art?

If you know this please let me know, me and my brother spent hours yesterday trying to figure it out.

Nyoro SF

A name of an old PC game which I can't remember. Sadly I don't remember many details.

A game where you are collecting jewels as a jewel thief on a tile structure. There were a big number of levels and I remember there being music that gave rhythm to some of the enemy movements. Also the game had a timer. I remember the game being very colorful but I can't remember anything past that.

mindsale

There was a game on the original NES - it was a sidescroller. Your hero was an elf in a cap who shot white blasts. I recall a lot of green backgrounds.

Scotia

Banned
I've been thinking about this game on and off for the last few years but could not for the life me remember what it was called.

I don't remember much at all about this game, except that it was educational game for kids on PC. The game is quite old as I played it when I was around 4-6 (I'm 19 now) and the only distinct feature that I recall is that when you were given an option or a choice you could press a blue button or an orange button. That's all I can remember unfortunately, so I'd be quite surprised if someone were to find out what it was, although if they did and I'd be very grateful.

mindsale

Well, doesn't match the green backgrounds but is it Solomon's Key? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_lq-FKWhfI

I appreciate the help, but it's not this. The box art was bordered green with the hero in the center - he was impish with a red cap. He may have been shooting a white energy blast from his hand. This was a side-scrolling platformer. For some reason I want to say it involved words like "magic land" or "Mappy" (not the mouse) or some kind of configuration of those words.

Horror game on the PC. On the front cover was a guy in a brown trenchcoat with a gun being grabbed I ghost. I loved it a ton but fuck me if I can remember the name of it.

And it wasn't alone in the dark. Someone has to know the name of it I've been trying to remember it forever.

mindsale

Horror game on the PC. On the front cover was a guy in a brown trenchcoat with a gun being grabbed I ghost. I loved it a ton but fuck me if I can remember the name of it.

And it wasn't alone in the dark. Someone has to know the name of it I've been trying to remember it forever.

"The Dark Eye?"

Bousf

There was a pinball game for the GameBoy Color (I think) in which you fought a giant creepy eye after a couple of stages but I have no idea how the game's called, I'd love to see it again hahaha a friend lent it to me when I was around 10 or so lol

There was a pinball game for the GameBoy Color (I think) in which you fought a giant creepy eye after a couple of stages but I have no idea how the game's called, I'd love to see it again hahaha a friend lent it to me when I was around 10 or so lol
kirby_zpsd57fbd1c.jpg

Would it have been Kirby's Pinball Land??

Tenebrous

There was a game on the PSP... Must've bought in in around 2006/2007. I remember starting in a place with lots of doors, I think to individual levels. Sword fighting, a lot of robotics, customizable armours and things like that. I actually beat it, but can't remember what the damn name is, haha.

DTJAAAAM

There was a game on the PSP... Must've bought in in around 2006/2007. I remember starting in a place with lots of doors, I think to individual levels. Sword fighting, a lot of robotics, customizable armours and things like that. I actually beat it, but can't remember what the damn name is, haha.

Rengoku?

bjork

Got a very fuzzy memory. C64 game, you controlled a stickman that ran with an animation similar to Berzerk, the levels were just one screen like Robotron, but I think the object was to evade enemies and make your way to an exit that was indicated by a break in the wall?

The only other thing I can remember is it came on the back side of a Radar Rat Race retail disk I had, but I can't find the exact match anywhere.

bati

I'm looking for a game that has you controlling 4 soldiers/spec ops, at least one of them is a half cyborg but might be a full blown robot. I think the game's from around 2000 or so, it's puzzle based - each unit has its own signature function and you have to use them at the right places to progress through levels, very much like the Lost Vikings games, except this one is fully 3d.

I'm looking for a game that has you controlling 4 soldiers/spec ops, at least one of them is a half cyborg but might be a full blown robot. I think the game's from around 2000 or so, it's puzzle based - each unit has its own signature function and you have to use them at the right places to progress through levels, very much like the Lost Vikings games, except this one is fully 3d.

Project Eden?

Top Bottom