• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

plainr_

Forget trying to figure out the other game I brought up earlier (but thanks to those that tried to help :p), can anybody identify this game for me?

MmdBj.png

boiled goose

good with gravy
Im looking for the name of a PC game. Was on a CD. Played btw 2000 and 2005.
Maybe it was for kids. Possibly some kind of learning game.

It was a mystery type game with settings such as jungle, swamp, aztec world.

Maybe you used two kids, who had some mean of transportation, maybe a yellow raft. The oaring motion made a noise. They went down a river, it was possible to go the wrong way down the river.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Im looking for the name of a PC game. Was on a CD. Played btw 2000 and 2005.
Maybe it was for kids. Possibly some kind of learning game.

It was a mystery type game with settings such as jungle, swamp, aztec world.

Maybe you used two kids, who had some mean of transportation, maybe a yellow raft. The oaring motion made a noise. They went down a river, it was possible to go the wrong way down the river.

no one? :(

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think it was a PS2 JRPG. You were a little boy, I think you had a sister and your mom might have been a computer? You fought a guy in your backyard by a shed, and I feel like he had a birdlike name.

edit: Gallerians.

RedSwirl

I haven't actually played this game, but I saw YouTube videos of it a while ago. It looked like a PS1 adventure game - looked very similar to the original Silent Hill in terms of setting, camera angle, etc.

linko9

So back ~12 years ago, there was this thing called "shockmachine" that ran flash games on your computer. There was one game for it that was awesome, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

You play as a monkey in a space suit. It's a 2d puzzle game, and the objective is to collect all of the objects on the field (no scrolling), to unlock the door, and then get to the exit. There are also bonus items that aren't required to unlock the door. I believe the items are diamonds and sonic-rings. Each stage has a name, the only one I can remember is "Lock Up". Also, there were crab enemies. It had sound effects, but no music (I think).

If I recall correctly, the title made it seem like it was a sequel (as I assume it was), I think it had a 2 or a 3 in it.

There was this SNES top-down adventure game I'd occasionally rent... it starred this kid as a protagonist, and you would explore forests and caves. Monsters would kill you if you took the wrong way (which I did a lot, lol). All I can really remember was one of the first areas was a cave with a spring, and you could collect its water in a glass bottle (complete with prismatic shine).

Wish I could figure out what the game was.

There was this SNES top-down adventure game I'd occasionally rent... it starred this kid as a protagonist, and you would explore forests and caves. Monsters would kill you if you took the wrong way (which I did a lot, lol). All I can really remember was one of the first areas was a cave with a spring, and you could collect its water in a glass bottle (complete with prismatic shine).

Wish I could figure out what the game was.

Young Merlin? I would say either that or Lagoon from your description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oserUpqdUZg

Bukana

I am trying to remember a PSOne game, I can't figure out bot of these games:
1. I played it one of those PS1 Disc Demos. You control a boat , and you play in a pool or something, and you have to get away from enemies, basically you have to reach a point in the level without touching anything (I think).
2. I played it one of those PS1 Disc Demos. You control a boy who wears green clothes and I think you have to go through sewers and stuff, it is supposed to be a platformer game.

Please guys help.

IAmMonodi

There was this arcade boxing game for two that the guy you were was a green(?) wireframe and the joysticks had a grip like rapiers do.

I'm really sure it wasn't Punch-Out!!, I believe it was 16 or 32-bit.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I am trying to remember a PSOne game, I can't figure out bot of these games:
1. I played it one of those PS1 Disc Demos. You control a boat , and you play in a pool or something, and you have to get away from enemies, basically you have to reach a point in the level without touching anything (I think).

Please guys help.
1) Shipwreckers? (Overboard in the UK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb8MiAYOBHU

There was this arcade boxing game for two that the guy you were was a green(?) wireframe and the joysticks had a grip like rapiers do.

I'm really sure it wasn't Punch-Out!!, I believe it was 16 or 32-bit.
Your character in Punch-Out!! was a green wireframe, but the standard cabinet didn't have an odd grip on the joystick. Are you potentially confusing two games?

Hesemonni

Banned
I got two old arcade games I'm trying to remember :

1) side scrolling shooter with the main character shooting bullets from his fingers. I think the main color of player character was blue and he had a cape.

2) side scrolling pirate game (?) with main character swinging a sword and beating werewolves in the first level? The game ended with player reaching a lady in the end of a island level. They kiss in the end.

...unfortunately this is how memory works.

DTJAAAAM

1) side scrolling shooter with the main character shooting bullets from his fingers. I think the main color of player character was blue and he had a cape.

2) side scrolling pirate game (?) with main character swinging a sword and beating werewolves in the first level? The game ended with player reaching a lady in the end of a island level. They kiss in the end.

1) Magician Lord?

2) Captain Silver?

The first one sounds like it might be Wardner. It also got a Genesis port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFNq9FPOtYQ

Hesemonni

Banned
The first one sounds like it might be Wardner. It also got a Genesis port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFNq9FPOtYQ
Unfortunately not this one either. I remember the player character having big cartoony gloves and really "shooting" them and bullets going straight (I'm not sure whether one could upgrade 'em).
If it isn't Wardner like GrumpyAlien suggested, maybe Legend of Hero Tonma?
HELL YEAH! This is it :D Every now and then this game pops in my mind and drives me crazy when I'm unable to remember it. Now I can finally rest easy!

Rippa

I got one for you guys;

I believe it was for the sega genesis.

Its a side scroll mech/space/shooter.

One thing I specifically remember, in an early level, you would side scroll along a star ship and as a power up, you would use a mech/tank from the starship itself.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not this one either. I remember the player character having big cartoony gloves and really "shooting" them and bullets going straight (I'm not sure whether one could upgrade 'em).

HELL YEAH! This is it :D Every now and then this game pops in my mind and drives me crazy when I'm unable to remember it. Now I can finally rest easy!

LOL I feel like a dumbass for not realizing it was one of my all time favorite TG16 games. Loved that game even though it was incredibly difficult.

Ra1den

Alright, not sure if my description is good enough, but I'll give it a shot.

It was on the NES, it featured really bright levels, like pink background or something...it had a 2D sidescroller perspective, but you didn't really move from one side of the level to the next...it was more like a merry-go-round, and you just went around(I think, not really clear in my head)

On this merry go round or whatever it was, there were cars spinning around and other goofy things...and I can't really recall what the point of the game was. Also, there may have been different heights of platforms to stand on. Also, did it have bubble gum in it? I seem to think of bubblegum for some reason when thinking about it.

I always thought this game was called "Buster Brothers", but on recently checking that game out, it is nothing like it. Maybe the name was similar to it, though.

DTJAAAAM

Alright, not sure if my description is good enough, but I'll give it a shot.

It was on the NES, it featured really bright levels, like pink background or something...it had a 2D sidescroller perspective, but you didn't really move from one side of the level to the next...it was more like a merry-go-round, and you just went around(I think, not really clear in my head)

On this merry go round or whatever it was, there were cars spinning around and other goofy things...and I can't really recall what the point of the game was. Also, there may have been different heights of platforms to stand on. Also, did it have bubble gum in it? I seem to think of bubblegum for some reason when thinking about it.

I always thought this game was called "Buster Brothers", but on recently checking that game out, it is nothing like it. Maybe the name was similar to it, though.

Castelian?

osu61303

Maybe someone can help me with this arcade game. I played it in the late 80s on a US military base in South Korea. It was best described as a one player fighting game, it even had a lizard man with a sword and shield (a la soul calibur). I remember fighting a wizard and dragon as well. You only got to play as a knight type character. Sorry the description is so vague. It was 20 years ago!

Link1110

I have one...
It's an old racing game. What I remember from it is that the police can chase, you and there was an actual gas gauge in your car that depleted over time. There were various gas stations that you could refill at. Also if I recall correctly the landscape changed over time.

ReaperXL7

Ok lets see if Gaf can figure out this one. I remember a game, and it was either on the super nintendo, or the genesis (come to think of it maybe it was an arcade game). It was a side scrolling western shooter, with multiple characters. One was a traditional Cowboy type, the other I remember I believe being a hispanic character with a poncho, and I "think" a sombero, or also a cowboy hat, I don't remember if there was a third character.

Anyway, I remember the game being a ton of fun, and being one of those games I played alot of back then with friends and what not. One of the stages I remember being an old west town, with enemies coming out of saloons, riding horses, and hiding behind barrels and such. some of this could be a bit fuzzy as it's been a long time since i've played this.

Sound familiar to anyone?

DTJAAAAM

Ok lets see if Gaf can figure out this one. I remember a game, and it was either on the super nintendo, or the genesis (come to think of it maybe it was an arcade game). It was a side scrolling western shooter, with multiple characters. One was a traditional Cowboy type, the other I remember I believe being a hispanic character with a poncho, and I "think" a sombero, or also a cowboy hat, I don't remember if there was a third character.

Anyway, I remember the game being a ton of fun, and being one of those games I played alot of back then with friends and what not. One of the stages I remember being an old west town, with enemies coming out of saloons, riding horses, and hiding behind barrels and such. some of this could be a bit fuzzy as it's been a long time since i've played this.

Sunset Riders.

Ra1den

Sounds like Sunset Riders.

jeremy1456

I've been trying to find an NES game for a long time. Hopefully GAF can help me with this.

What I remember is that the game was a forced side scroller where you could move both up and down. You played as a machine of sorts and could pick up pieces to add to your body (such as legs) in each level. That's all I remember.

DTJAAAAM

I've been trying to find an NES game for a long time. Hopefully GAF can help me with this.

What I remember is that the game was a forced side scroller where you could move both up and down. You played as a machine of sorts and could pick up pieces to add to your body (such as legs) in each level. That's all I remember.

Magmax.

mrplaid

Maybe someone can help me with this arcade game. I played it in the late 80s on a US military base in South Korea. It was best described as a one player fighting game, it even had a lizard man with a sword and shield (a la soul calibur). I remember fighting a wizard and dragon as well. You only got to play as a knight type character. Sorry the description is so vague. It was 20 years ago!

Are you thinking of Fighting Fantasy/Hippodrome? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBQl6BbArKo

BTW, www.arcade-museum.com is a great resource. You even search through games' descriptions on their site, and they have more than just arcade games in their database: http://www.arcade-museum.com/search.php

Top Bottom