• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you'd kill to have a multiplayer scene resurrected for.

Polelock

This might sound silly but I have extremely fond memories of me bashing my friends skull in Conkers Bad Fur Day with bone clubs and baseball bats as a weasel in the heist game mode. I would kill for that, to stream it and play it on next gen hardware.
I recall playing this recently on Xbox One x. Its actually and enhanced game and I'll hop on tomorrow and see if MP is still going.

Tschumi

I recall playing this recently on Xbox One x. Its actually and enhanced game and I'll hop on tomorrow and see if MP is still going.
Try out conker live and reloaded.. one of the best looking titles on xbox and had really good multiplayer.. but more modern than the n64 game

Dis

Lineage 2!
I'd kill for a UE4 remake with everything from chronicle 3/4/5
and a massively non p2w populated x15 and x50 server.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

Bad company 2 and the first COD black ops, my brother and i used to play those heavily. We were cunts when we played together though, oh well the hate mail was fun

Troglodyte

Banned
This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion but EVOLVE was one of my favorite games last gen when it came to MP. I wish that game still had a healthy MP base.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not any particular game but I wish the Miiverse was still around. Even on the Switch. The Miiverse was so damn entertaining. Easily the best community type feature on a home console.

I also really enjoyed Resistance 2 online coop but there are plenty of games like that now so it doesn't really matter

Dr.Morris79

3YokhnC.jpg

GreenAlien

Warcraft 3. Loved to play it 3vs3 with randoms..
Unfortunately, at some point I started hearing about playing 1vs1 to become better.. so I did that.. and it was not nearly as enjoyable for me.. so I stopped playing.
I hoped the "remake" would refresh the scene.. but blizzard failed spectacularly.

Mhmmm 2077

Exteel and Nosgoth (though I recently found out there are private servers for Nosgoth and people on Discord are gathering to play, so that's nice).

Halo 3 easy.
People still play it like crazy on the master chief collection.

MGS / Splinter cell. The fact there is no stealth multiplayer games like before is disappointing.
Twisted metal was extremely fun and again no car combat games with online.
Original titanfall. Not sure if it is still being played. EA, please make the next titanfall multiplayer like the original.

It makes me sad seeing all of my fellow Battlefield fans wishing it would come back to ANY form of its glory days. Also love the shout out for the 1942 Desert Combat mod! :messenger_grinning:

carlosrox

Banned
Half-Life

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Soldier of Fortune 2

Team Fortress Classic

Action Half-Life

Day of Defeat 1.3 or 1.5

ALL old versions of Counter Strike

COD:BO 1 and 2

I'm a man of culture, I know.

Last edited:
Battlefield Bad Company 2, specifically the Rush mode that was taylored to console players. I loved the level of destruction in the game, unmatched by any entry since, and the amazing Vietnam expansion which IMO is the best multiplayer DLC in any game ever. I played thousands of hours in this game, only surpassed by Halo 3.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Warhawk

Starhawk

I bought a PS3 way back in the day with Uncharted 2 and it gave me a hate boner for "movie games".

Why the fuck didn't I pick these games up instead? These look brilliant.

But oh my gosh, the art team needs to be blacklisted from the industry. Those games are brown and goofy as shit.

Mass Effect 3. EA sucks for not resurrecting it for the upcoming ME trilogy remaster. It would have been nova if EA said, "Look choombas, these servers cost a preem to keep up and we need some steady eddies coming in to support it. Detes attached below."

Ghost of Tsushima's Legends mp mode is the perfect replacement though.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Amazing how MOHAA has been forgotten.. it was cod before cod.. battlefield was built on MOHAA aesthetics and gunplay.. i mean maybe that's not right but it sure as hell was just about the og for what battlefield and cod would carry on~

carlosrox

Banned
Amazing how MOHAA has been forgotten.. it was cod before cod.. battlefield was built on MOHAA aesthetics and gunplay.. i mean maybe that's not right but it sure as hell was just about the og for what battlefield and cod would carry on~

MOHAA was god tier. God I loved everything about that game. The sounds, graphics, animations, music, weight, etc.

The aiming mechanics were so good and it had the best no scope hip fire gameplay ever.

Taking on guys with sub machines and shotguns in your face while you hip fired your sniper was just awesome.

Tearing it up with the SMG was great as well.

Timing the scoped Sniper shots was done so much better in that game than any I've seen since.

Loved the bomb plant mode too.

I was extremely good at MOHAA which helped a lot of course.

I also enjoyed MOHAASH and MOHAAB as well.

I'd love for a WW2 FPS to be that good again.

Last edited:

Tschumi

MOHAA was god tier. God I loved everything about that game.

The aiming mechanics were so good and it had the best no scope hip fire gameplay ever.

Taking on guys with sub machines and shotguns in your face while you hip fired your sniper was just awesome.

Tearing it up with the SMG was great as well.

Timing the scoped Sniper shots was done so much better in that game than any I've seen since.

Loved the bomb plant mode too.

Quality game through and through.
Preach. Snipers felt like this guy

tenor.gif

KRYPT83

I prefer xbox at the end of the day because of the stellar multiplayer titles but if I could only pick one it would be socom with the ND engine

sainraja

I bought a PS3 way back in the day with Uncharted 2 and it gave me a hate boner for "movie games".

Why the fuck didn't I pick these games up instead? These look brilliant.

But oh my gosh, the art team needs to be blacklisted from the industry. Those games are brown and goofy as shit.

I definitely had a lot of fun with them. I also didn't mind the art style haha.

I do think Uncharted like games have a place (it is my favorite series.) We had linear games before Uncharted so in my opinion, the series made a lot of good improvements to how linear games can be done moving forward. Before Uncharted 1, the games I really liked were Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, God of War 1/2 (the rest weren't out then). I was actually looking forward to the first Assassins Creed game due to the fact it was going to be from the Prince of Persia studio and Uncharted wasn't even on my radar and then I saw a thread on GTAforums where people were discussing it and it was coming out the same week or a week before Assasins (I was able to grab the first one on a friday before it's Tuesday release :D) so I ended up enjoying it more than the new Assassins Creed. Still waiting on Prince of Persia to return to form.

Ah sorry, I kept on and on! But yeah, they were brilliant!

Last edited:
Top Bottom