• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

KAL2006

Banned
I posted this in the other thread

My guess is that Europe will only get the price drop (this is why they are anouncing at a Euro conference aswell). Most of the price drop leaks have online been leaked buy European stores. But to be fair I think if any region needs a price drop its Europe especially as they are paying much more than the US in the first place. Also didnt Microsoft do a Europe only price drop before aswell. Though the slim will release worldwide obviously.

Remember you heard it here first folks:D

Kinan

Here is the plan of the fair with few main players marked. Enjoy.

I found it a bit amusing that three platform holders are all in separate buildings in the public area, but cramped all together in one hall in the business area. :)

29eohmq.jpg

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Damn I just realised that each hall there is about twice bigger than the ones in Leipzig. Something like a tad more than 200 meters over 80 meters. That's friggin' huge.

KAL2006 said:
I posted this in the other thread

My guess is that Europe will only get the price drop (this is why they are anouncing at a Euro conference aswell). Most of the price drop leaks have online been leaked buy European stores. But to be fair I think if any region needs a price drop its Europe especially as they are paying much more than the US in the first place. Also didnt Microsoft do a Europe only price drop before aswell. Though the slim will release worldwide obviously.

Remember you heard it here first folks:D

I'm not following you. Price drop on what? Are you saying that the PS3 Slim is going to be 299 in Europe but 399 in America?

KAL2006

Banned
The-Warning said:
I'm not following you. Price drop on what? Are you saying that the PS3 Slim is going to be 299 in Europe but 399 in America?

Im saying that I think PS3 slim will be announced for worldwide. But a price drop (Slim and Fat) will be announced for Europe only. This is just me speculating though, anything can happen.

The-Warning said:

He doesn't understand how exchange rates work and thinks that the price will only drop in Europe bringing their adjusted prices in parity with one another.

Seeing as 'The Outsider' has been in development for what feels like forever, shouldn't we get some media on that at this event. Its a UK based studio, so an EU conference would be an ideal place to show it. Anyone know what the hell is going on with the game?

198589-outsiderjpg_large.jpg

Loudninja

KAL2006 said:
Im saying that I think PS3 slim will be announced for worldwide. But a price drop (Slim and Fat) will be announced for Europe only. This is just me speculating though, anything can happen.

You are not making any sense.

Blablurn

just got my last meetings. wednesday, thursday and friday are fucking packed. looking forward to the konami conference. i want an autograph from kojima. finally. i hope i'll get it.

Blablurn said:
just got my last meetings. wednesday, thursday and friday are fucking packed.

Don't tell me. Luckily this year we'll be four people attending the meetings, or it would have been a bloodbath.

Edit: Kinan, you can add me too to the list of people going, I'll be there from 19 to 21.

Edit 2 - and for everyone going, don't forget Germany uses this kind of power plugs:

presa_schuko_LRG.jpg

So if you're bringing with you a laptop, cellphone charger or shaver, remember to bring with you an adapter from your country plugs!

Blablurn said:
just got my last meetings. wednesday, thursday and friday are fucking packed. looking forward to the konami conference. i want an autograph from kojima. finally. i hope i'll get it.

I know you'll be sucked into the PS3 version of PES, but give the PSP version a try. I'm curious how it turns out (if it's at the event).

Carl said:
There will be information from SCEE regarding the Europe video store on the PSN.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...asked-questions/comment-page-1/#comment-14295

oh, maybe this time more of my predictions will become true, well more than I'm used to :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16785143&postcount=270

But awww... they wrote this FAQ-blogpost and were trying hard not mention any dates for the stuff and then they blew it with a comment-reply :lol

Now only the slim has to be the same as the (2 times) leaked model and it will be perfect. They surely are no NSA.

possible Nintendo release dates (Europe)?:

Wii:

Metroid Prime: Trilogy - 4. September 2009

Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - 6. November 2009

Wii Fit Plus only Software - 6. November 2009

New Super Mario Brothers - 27. November 2009

Nintendo DS:

Kirby Super Star Ultra - 18. September 2009

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box - 25. September 2009

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 23. October 2009

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 4. December 2009

Shiggy

CubeRevolution said:
possible Nintendo release dates (Europe)?:

Wii:

Metroid Prime: Trilogy - 4. September 2009

Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - 6. November 2009

Wii Fit Plus only Software - 6. November 2009

New Super Mario Brothers - 27. November 2009

Nintendo DS:

Kirby Super Star Ultra - 18. September 2009

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box - 25. September 2009

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 23. October 2009

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 4. December 2009

They seem to be legit, British and German retailers were told the same dates.

Galvanise_ said:
Seeing as 'The Outsider' has been in development for what feels like forever, shouldn't we get some media on that at this event. Its a UK based studio, so an EU conference would be an ideal place to show it. Anyone know what the hell is going on with the game?

198589-outsiderjpg_large.jpg

Last I read, the game is in development. Supposedly the team is focusing on animation, and reading some of descriptions about the animations in conjunction with the hand to hand combat, the game will blow your mind. :D

CTLance

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Edit 2 - and for everyone going, don't forget Germany uses this kind of power plugs: (pic)
Don't forget that we're running 230V here, too, so don't toast your expensive electronics.

Also, these
2a4tsp4.jpg

work just fine, no need for an adapter.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Last I read, the game is in development. Supposedly the team is focusing on animation, and reading some of descriptions about the animations in conjunction with the hand to hand combat, the game will blow your mind. :D

Awesome. I thought the animations needed work when I first saw the trailer, but its had plenty of time to improve. The premise of the game is good.

airborn said:
For those who are just attending Gamescom and want to play Halo 3: ODST. You need to have a Xbox LIVE Gold account and register yourself here:

https://www.odst-live-area.de/

It looks like it's open only to Germany residents. At least I understand this google-translating the terms and conditions:
3. To participate, any natural person who is an Xbox LIVE Gold membership and whose primary residence is in Germany. Not open to legal representatives and employees of Microsoft and the legal affiliates, and their family members.

Kinan

Spider_Jerusalem said:
It looks like it's open only to Germany residents. At least I understand this google-translating the terms and conditions:

Yep. You need to live in Germany.

OP is constantly updated, btw. Those with good eyes can spot some quite interesting pieces of info there...

Have two Game companies being in the same section together ever meant anything ever ? Like has say Sony and Konami being together ever ended with a new exclusive or something.

Busty

Banned
Does anyone know if any of the conferences are going to be streamed. They traditionally aren't but you never know.....

Live blogging may have to suffice. Again.

Moobabe

Jason's Ultimatum said:

Is this the 1st party Sony title from... liverpool or cambridge or am I thinking of something else completely?

[Nintex]

Sipowicz said:
did they have loads of announcements in last years one?
No, GamesCom usually gives the European press and public a chance to try the E3 demo's and the publishers and developers show a bunch of new trailers for holiday titles. Only a few European developers will announce new games or projects and most announcements are for the European market. Don't expect much from the Japanse either with Tokyo Game Show just around the corner.

Well, I'm going to start the Perfect Dark 2 hype train anyway, choo choo

Moobabe said:
Is this the 1st party Sony title from... liverpool or cambridge or am I thinking of something else completely?

The Outsider is being made by Frontier Developments, based in Cambridge. They've also made the Rollercoaster Tycoon series as well as other things. The Outsider looks to be the biggest project they've ever attempted.

Top Bottom