• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop To Open 1,000 Nintendo Switch Reservations At Random In Stores on Saturday

Sushigod7

I'm not promoting GS preorders I don't buy from them at all but calling someone a "loser" for paying up front is about the most ridiculous thing I can think of. My analogy of a bank is just as ridiculous and was meant to be.

PMS341

I'm not promoting GS preorders I don't buy from them at all but calling someone a "loser" for paying up front is about the most ridiculous thing I can think of. My analogy of a bank is just as ridiculous and was meant to be.

In my opinion, a person who willingly (perhaps blindly) gives full money down to a company like Gamestop, a multi-billion dollar entity that barely pays it's employees, won't provide workable hours, and treats their customer base like cattle with barcodes, is definitely a loser. Not in the traditional sense either - truly, they lose.

TankRizzo

Banned
So how did this end up working out anyway?
Got my 3rd preorder in yesterday in New Mexico

B00E3fRl.png

TankRizzo

Banned
In my opinion, a person who willingly (perhaps blindly) gives full money down to a company like Gamestop, a multi-billion dollar entity that barely pays it's employees, won't provide workable hours, and treats their customer base like cattle with barcodes, is definitely a loser. Not in the traditional sense either - truly, they lose.

See, the great thing about the United States is that you have the freedom of choice. People choose to work there and I choose to give my money to them. What makes them less worthy than Best Buy or Amazon? The paycheck? Who gives a shit. Whoever gives me the best opportunity to buy what I want, gets my dollar.

Rappy

See, the great thing about the United States is that you have the freedom of choice. People choose to work there and I choose to give my money to them. What makes them less worthy than Best Buy or Amazon? The paycheck? Who gives a shit. Whoever gives me the best opportunity to buy what I want, gets my dollar.
Uhh, how about their shitty business practices that are always being reported on (the person you quoted also gave reasons other than the paycheck, for fuck's sake)? I'll buy from Gamestop if they are last choice (maybe not even then) but that doesn't change that they are definitely very shitty.

What is this crap, this is just going to piss people off.
Congratulations you won the ability to pay us 300 dollars to pre-order a switch with us.

PMS341

People choose to work there under false pretense, and then stick to it due to being desperate for a job in the first place. I've seen people stuck for 15+ years just because they have a family, and have benefits, and are too scared to go back to school or pursue their actual, genuine passions. Opportunity comes at a cost, and the deteriorating mental health of employees (and consumers) alike isn't worth any dollar.

fvng

Can we start an online grassroots movement to boycott GameStop? With all the alternatives we have now there's no reason why should still be the force they are today. Buy/Sell your games on eBay or Amazon if you must and you'll likely get better deals

Uhh, how about their shitty business practices that are always being reported on (the person you quoted also gave reasons other than the paycheck, for fuck's sake)? I'll buy from Gamestop if they are last choice (maybe not even then) but that doesn't change that they are definitely very shitty.

It's kind of funny too given how physically disgusting they are too. The physical grime, the smells, everything about them is like it's an unkempt room for the past 20 years. I haven't been in one in ages and like 30 secs in you never want to be in one ever again.

Biske

What is this crap, this is just going to piss people off.
Congratulations you won the ability to pay us 300 dollars to pre-order a switch with us.

Modern consumerism at its finest.

Soon we will have pre-orders for pre-orders.

Pre-order your place to wait in line for a pre-order.

Pre-Order club membership giving you first dips on pre-orders.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't really get why this is offensive to people. It's not doing anyone any harm.

It is very silly though, that's for sure.

TankRizzo

Banned
Modern consumerism at its finest.

Soon we will have pre-orders for pre-orders.

Pre-order your place to wait in line for a pre-order.

Pre-Order club membership giving you first dips on pre-orders.

amazon already does this with certain offers only available to prime members

Some of these people in this thread come off as vegans I know in real life.

This is dumb, but... GameStop has games others nearby me do not. If I want a specific game, and they have it, I will go there.

Biske

amazon already does this with certain offers only available to prime members

Thats true, and scheduling specific times that things like amiibo's will be available so everyone can rush in to pre-order them.

It's just pure comedy at this point.

Top Bottom